I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Monday, December 25, 2023

Tour My Christmas "Victorian Bed & Breakfast" with 23 Trees, Christmas Home Tour, 2023!!!


 

 


 

 Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!

 I am so happy you decided to stop by my Christmas Blog!!

  Every room in our townhouse has a different Christmas Theme and Color Scheme!!
 
 I prove that you do not have to live in a large home to have several Trees, over 20, in all shapes and sizes!!

The majority of my Christmas decorations are placed in the same room every year and I know that this is not what most Decorator's care for but to me, it like seeing old friends again when I decorate each year for Christmas as many of my decorations were gifts from family and friends........... 

I do try to add a few new things and change up things a bit but for the most part, these decorations are part of my Christmas Traditions and bring back a lot of treasured memories.....

  
 I post 3 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY, WEDNESDAY and FRIDAYS!!!!
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
 ALL POSTS IN MY ROOM BY ROOM CHRISTMAS HOME TOUR SERIES ARE NOW FEATURED OVER ON MY RIGHT SIDE BAR!!
 
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!


I hope you got to spend it with those you love....
 
 
Today, I will be taking you on a tour of my Christmas "Bed and Breakfast"..... 

And there will be a few things that you have not seen in previous posts..
 
I always say that in my 40's, when all my multiple Medical issues started to rear their ugly heads, I knew that my days of traveling for any distance were over....

So I decided that since I loved the Victorian Era so much that I would turn my 1970's built townhouse into the Victorian Bed and Breakfast that I would love to stay at if I was able to continue to travel....
 
This concept worked so well that now that I am retired, I seldom want to leave my own little Victorian Bed and Breakfast that I created for myself.... 

Because I feel I am now on vacation every single day!!
 
 
And I decorated my "Victorian Bed and Breakfast" to the hilt for Christmas..... 
 
But first, in my last post, I shared Nelson Crest, my Victorian Doll House, decorated for Christmas!

 

 



Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 And before we start the Tour, I want to Thank Marsha, over at Marsha in the Middle, for choosing my post, Traditional Christmas in the Living Room, Entry and Vintage Tree,as one of her favorites from last week's Weekend Traffic Jam Reboot Linky Party!!!



 Thanks so much, Marsha!!
 
 
 And I also want to Thank Mel, over at Decor Craft Design, for choosing my post, Christmas Front Porch and Yard, as one of her features from last week's Happiness is Handmade Linky Party!!!
 

 
 Thanks again, Mel!!!!

 Please stop by and link up to this charming party.....

 

This is a LONG post so grab a seat and enjoy the Tour!!

Welcome to my very own Victorian Bed and Breakfast.....

Imagine you booked a stay at a Victorian styled Bed and Breakfast for the Weekend during Christmas....

When you arrive at our Bed and Breakfast, this is what will greet you as you park in the parking lot in front and walk up the steps.... 

I was lucky to take a few pictures with Snow but it is not going to be a White Christmas for NEPA this year....

Sigh!

 
 

 
The front porch is decorated to welcome you.......


 
Many family treasures were used to decorate this porch invoking cherished memories....




I added a Santa Head to the Wreath recently.....














Click HERE to see and read about the treasures I mentioned and see the front of the house in more detail......

What I did not share in that post is how it all looks lit up in the evening.....
 
While staying at my B&B, if you went out for a bite to eat or shopping, this is what would greet you on your way back to the B&B....

New this year, I decided to shine a green LED flood light on the house to add a bit of color.....




As you walk up the steps from the parking lot......


The spotlight shows off the wreaths on the upstairs window better....


 
I love these candy canes that I bought last year.....














The Living Room.....

As you walk in the front door, you are greeted with this view.....
 

 
To the left is Joe's Great Grandmother's Hutch with my Praying Santa Collection.....

 
Some of my Santa Collection on the stairs....


The red and green candles echo the green spotlight and red candy canes that are outside....




The Living Room is decorated in a Traditional/Victorian style with the color scheme of red and green....

Tree #1

This 4 ft. Pathway Tree is decorated with vintage ornaments including Shiny Brites and red candle ornaments.....






 
You can enjoy sitting in big comfy chairs in the "Parlor" during your stay.....







Tree # 2


There are also red and green lights on this 7 ft. slim Tree, which is decorated with many Victorian style ornaments and red and white striped candle ornaments..........

A Dicken's like Village sets underneath the Tree on a platform that my Dad built for me 45 years ago......


 
You may choose to watch a Christmas movie or show in the large TV....




Tree # 3
 
A 2 ft. vintage Tree, that I found in my late neighbor's attic when cleaning out her home for her sons, is decorated simply with white lights and a few white snowflakes....

 
 
 
  
 
 Tree # 4

This is a Tree that I recently added that I have not shared before in the Room by Room posts.....

 
 I wanted to try a new furniture configuration and make it easier to see the TV from this chair which was straight, causing one to have to peer around the corner so to speak to see the TV.....
 
 
 
So I decided to move the chair at an angle......
 
I lived with this for a few days to see how I liked it and found that I did......
 
 
 
 Even my son Joey, who sits in this chair all the time liked this arrangement.....

However, there was a space left between the chair and the round table.....


Now I had this Tree, which was originally used in my Bedroom, sitting in the storage room, as I was looking for a place to put it......

 It fit perfectly in this dead space......


 I plopped it in a vintage garbage can that I had for stability.....


Next was how I was going to decorate it....

I grabbed a bow off the top of an apothecary jar along with some chandy beads in red, gold and green and added them to the Tree.....
 

 Found some Santa ephemera ornaments in my stash along with some vintage looking Santa tags.....

So I decided to make a few ornaments.....

I had more of these Dollar Tree ornaments that I bought a long time ago....

 
I cut the tags to fit and glued them on the ornaments.....






I did end up adding a red ball to the top of them......

I had this ornament in my stash so I decided to make a few of my own.....





And I decided to use these 4 angel ornaments that I made the other day.....


I did also pull about 4 Christmas Card like ornaments off my Big Tree....
 
Tree # 4


I then simply tied some red and green velvet ribbon on some of the branches like I have been seeing all over You Tube....













 
 
  Click HERE, HERE and HERE to see the posts on the Living Room.....
 
 
 
 
 The Dining Room.....
 
 For meals, you will be dining in my Victorian styled pink Dining Room......

 
For Christmas, it is decorated in a white, pink and gold color theme......

 
 
 Tree # 5

 
 I simply added white and gold snowflakes to this lighted branch Tree....
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Tree # 6
 
This Tree is a 7 ft. Pencil Thin Tree decorated in Victorian style ornaments in pink, white and gold to match the room.....

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
   
Some of my everyday tablescapes as we eat here daily and one set for a friend's visits for lunch......

 
 

 

And now it is set for Christmas Eve Dinner......
 
A simple tablescape as I will be delivering Debbie Door Dash to my son Jim and DIL Danielle as they await the birth of their twin daughters any day now.....
 

 
 
   
 I will share more pics of this tablescape, along with one for Christmas Day, in a future post....
 
 Click HERE, HERE and HERE to see the posts on the Dining Room in more detail..... 



The Kitchen

While staying here at the Barna's Bed and Breakfast, you will be treated to a Gingerbread and Candy Cane Wonderland in Mrs. Claus's Kitchen!!!



Tree # 7


This 4 1/2 ft. Tree is decorated in gingerbread, candy and Kitchen ornaments.....





 
You may be tempted to grab a treat from Santa's Sweet Shop!!











You may also want to grab a Cuppa of something good from the Beverage Bar!!!


Like Hot Chocolate or flavored Coffee or a cup of Tea....







 

 
 Tree # 8
 
 

   Another vintage Tree from my late neighbor Elly's that I put in one of her vintage red and white enamelware pots and decorated with a red and white garland from Dollar Tree.....
 
Click HERE, HERE and HERE to see all the posts on the Kitchen.....



The Den
 
After you chose what hot drink you prefer, you can then come out into the Den, which is decorated in an Olde Tyme English Theme with a blue, burgundy and ivory color scheme...... 


You can leaf through a decorating magazine in this cozy little corner.....





Snuggle up in a fluffy throw and watch a bit of TV, streaming a Christmas Movie maybe....




Check out all my Thomas Kinkade Collectibles.....


 
 
Tree # 9

This Tree is 4 1/2 ft. is decorated in the color scheme of the room with Victorian style ornaments and gold candle ornaments.....




If you want to use the computer to go on the internet, you may......




Tree # 10

This Tree is a Victorian style feather Tree decorated with my collection of 1940's-50's looking children ornaments.....



You can also sit a bit and take in how I decorated my Victorian Doll House, Nelson Crest....



 
 
Turning her around to see the inside.....


There are a total of 6 Trees in Nelson Crest but I do not count them in my Tree Total....



 
 
 Click HERE to see more of Nelson Crest.....

 After enjoying the miniature world of Nelson Crest, you can also relax here with a good boo with a reading lamp....


And you can pretend you are transported to a Winter Wonderland Village......








Tree # 11

This is a 4 1/2 foot Tree decorated with all my Thomas Kinkade ornaments.....



 
 
Click HERE, HERE and HERE to see the Den in more detail......



The Powder Room


While downstairs, you may think you are in a Winter Wonderland when you use the facilities....

 
The Powder Room is decorated with Snow Buddies in a blue, white and silver color scheme.....








Tree # 12


This 3 ft. Tree is decorated in the color scheme of the room with mostly Snow Buddy ornaments....








 As you walk down the hall back to the Living Room.....

 
 
 
 You may want to take a peek at my gallery wall of family photos of our family of 5, very soon to be 7 plus 2 grand pups....

 
 
 
 
Click HERE to see the Powder Room and Hall in more detail...


So we have 12 decorated Trees downstairs....

So far....

Let's check out the upstairs in my Bed and Breakfast.....

 
On the railing up the top hangs this wreath instead of garland so you can use the hand rail if need be....

 
I display my Collection of Luster ware dishes up here in the hall....

 
For Christmas, I like to decorate this area in a white and gold color scheme....



Tree # 13


This branch Tree is decorated with angel ornaments that I made....




 
 Click HERE to see more detail in the upstairs Hallway.... 
 
 
The Master Bedroom
 
 
 
 The Master Bedroom is styled after the Amelia Suite in the Frederick Stegmaier mansion where we had the privilege of staying for a weekend as an Anniversary celebration....

 
 
President Jimmy Carter and First Lady Rosalyn Carter stayed at the mansion twice and slept in the Amelia Suite so I can actually say that we slept in the bed that a President and First Lady of the United States slept in!!!!
 

 Our Master Bedroom is decorated in the color scheme of mauve, burgundy, blue and gold because of the drapery.....
 
 This is bed was Joe's great grandfather's bed....
 

 
 I have the bed in a corner which gives me storage behind it but to hide that, I hung drapes and a lace curtain behind it.....
 

 
 

 
 
Tree # 14

I call this my Victorian Lady Tree as it is decorated with Victorian style shoes, purses, hats, dress forms, gloves and anything that you would see in a Victorian lady's boudoir.....




There is a little sitting area at the foot of the bed....
 

So you can sit and watch TV here in the Master Bedroom if you chose to stay in this suite...


The furniture was my Mother's Waterfall set that her parents bought for her when she was 16 years old....


It is almost 90 years old as my Mother would be 105 this coming year....


When it became mine as a teenager, my Dad antiqued it for me.....

Joe also has his areas in this room too and the gold walls are perfect for him to display his Pittsburgh Sports memorabilia.....


Which leads me to his Pittsburgh corner....


And Tree # 15


I decorated this little feather Tree with all of his Pittsburgh team ornaments...


Click HERE to see more of the Master Bedroom's Christmas decor....


The Upstairs Bathroom....

 
This is a very small Bathroom and is decorated in a purple and green color scheme.....



I also mimicked the Bathroom in the Amelia Suite in the Stegmaier mansion in this Bathroom by using 2 different wall paper borders on the ceiling....


Tree # 16


 
This Tree is decorated with purple and green ornaments with gold poinsettias tucked in it....




Click HERE to see the post on this bathroom decorated for Christmas


The Craft Room


My Craft Room is decorated in a green and pink color scheme which I carried over into it's Christmas decorations....

 
When staying here at my B&B, you might want to peek into the craft room to see where I create a lot of the crafts and the wreaths and swags that you see in the house....

 
Tree # 17
 
This small Tree is decorated in the colors of the room......




Tree # 18

 
This 6 ft. pencil Tree is also decorated in those colors with Victorian style ornaments ....




Among the many antiques here in the B&B is Joe's grandmother's antique Singer sewing machine....






Tree # 19


This is a Victorian style feather Tree with beaded garland that I cut to look like icicles after seeing a tree decorated with them in a local store a few years back.....


The upstairs Sitting Room


This room is normally decorated in a garden theme in bright colors so I used bright colored Christmas decorations in this room.....


Tree # 20


This Tree is flocked to match the larger Tree in this room and decorated with bright pink icicle ornaments.....


Tree # 21

This small Tree is decorated in ornaments in bright colors.....




Tree # 22


This 6 ft. flocked Tree is decorated with brightly colored ornaments including vintage Shiny Brites







Since most of my decorating books and books that I have yet to read are here in this room, you may want to sit in the comfy recliner and leaf through a decorating book.....








While you relax in the rocker/recliner, you can enjoy the fire place.....


Even though it is a faux one.....


Tree # 23


This is a white 3 ft. Tree which I decorated with small ball ornaments and colorful candy canes.....




Click HERE and HERE to see the Sitting Room decorations in more detail.....
 

Here is a break down of how long it took me to decorate our townhouse both inside and out.....
 
Front Porch and Yard - 3 days
 
 The Downstairs.....
 
Living Room - 6 days
Dining Room - 3 days
Kitchen - 4 days
Powder Room - 2 days
Den - 4 days 

Nelson Crest - 1 day
 
 The Upstairs....

 Hall -  1 day
Master Bedroom - 2 days
Bathroom - 1 day
Craft Room - 2 days
Sitting Room - 3 days
 
Total -  32 days

With a total of 23 decorated Trees!


And that brings us to the end of my Tour of my very own Bed and Breakfast decorated for Christmas this year....

I hope you enjoyed your stay with us.....


 I hope you will stop by to visit again on WEDNESDAY.......  
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!




I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
  THURSDAY
 
  
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. WOW! You continue to out do yourself every single year. Everything is beyond beautiful. I spent two hours looking at each pic and the details in every room. Your talent for decorating is so inspiring. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn,
      Thanks so much for your encouraging words...I know my style is not everyone's style but it is what makes me happy and that is all that counts....You have to do you and I definitely do me!! LOL!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!
      Many Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. I always like to see Nelson Crest at Christmas! Thanks for sharing with us at SSPS!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails