I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Christmas in the Upstairs Bathroom, A Christmas Haul & Crafting, Christmas Home Tour, 2023


 

 

 


 

 

 Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!

 I am so happy you decided to stop by my Christmas Blog!!

  Every room in our townhouse has a different Christmas Theme and Color Scheme!!
 
 I prove that you do not have to live in a large home to have several Trees, over 20, in all shapes and sizes!!

The majority of my Christmas decorations are placed in the same room every year and I know that this is not what most Decorator's care for but to me, it like seeing old friends again when I decorate each year for Christmas as many of my decorations were gifts from family and friends........... 

I do try to add a few new things and change up things a bit but for the most part, these decorations are part of my Christmas Traditions and bring back a lot of treasured memories.....

  
 I post 3 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY, WEDNESDAY and FRIDAYS!!!!
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
Today, I will be continuing my Christmas Home Tour and will be sharing how I decorate the upstairs Bathroom....
 
Yes....
 
The Bathroom... 

And another Christmas Haul with a bit of crafting!!
 
In my last post, I shared  how I decorated our bedroom this year with 2 Trees that reflect both mine and Joe's likes....
 
 

 

 

 

 

Click HERE if you missed that post!!
 
 
First, I want to Thank Esme, over at Esme Salon, for choosing my post, Christmas Haul, October Rudolph Day, as Number 3 in her top 5 featured posts from last week's Senior Salon Pit Stop Linky Party!!
 

 
 
 Thanks so much, Esme!!!
 
 
 I also want to Thank Angie, over at God's Growing Garden, for choosing my post, Late October This and That , as one of her features from last week's Tuesdays with a Twist Linky Party!!!
 


Thanks again, Angie!!!
 
 Please stop by and link up to these charming parties.....
 
 
I will get to the Bathroom Tour in a minute but since not a lot has changed in the bathroom in the way of Christmas decorations from last year, I thought I would also like to share another Christmas Haul in this post.... 
 
I recently bought a few things at Dollar Tree

Beverage Bar supplies

For crafting....

 
  And this sign......

 
I bought the companion sign last year.....
 

I was not happy with the buffalo check border so I changed it fit in better with my Christmas decorations in the Kitchen.....

 
I used this sheet of foam that I bought when our local A C Moore store closed....


I literally had only pieces of it left as I did use it for a few other projects....

I was able to piece it together to make this border around my newest sign.....

 
 I added embellishments to hide where I pieced it together.....
 
Much better, I think!!


 I am going to be hanging these on the cabinets on each side of my Kitchen sink....

 
J. C. Penney's.....

They had Black Friday Sales last weekend and all North Pole Decor was 60% off....

 
  $34.....60% off plus a $10 off $10 reward so I only paid $2.77 for this sweet gingerbread garland!!!
 

 
Down to under $10 from $34

 
He goes with the other one I bought last week.....
 

 
 
Big Lot's

 
These cute Santa measuring spoons were $5.99 and I had a $5 off $15 coupon...

 
Ocean State Job Lot....

 
$1.99 each...I bought these last year and changed out all my bows on my wreaths in the front of the house....
 

 I already made more bows for the front of the house out of this ribbon....
 
And I bought another set of bottles lights....

 
Gabes


 
Fits perfectly on my beverage bar shelves that I made....$9.99
 
 
Mugs for $3.99...

 
Can use this one all Winter long....

 
I hid this one the day before as it was the last one
 
 
$3.99...love the vintage look of this one!

 
I found this apron for only $5.99!!
 
 
It is made in the same style apron as the red one I bought in Ollies and embellished!!!
 
 
 
 Only in green.....
 
I have just enough of the ribbon to embellish it in the same way but I am now on the hunt for the gingerbread Boy ornaments in Dollar General to use on this one instead of the Girl ornaments!!!!
 
They will look perfect where I want to hang them in the Kitchen!!

 
Even though I already had one that I painted last year......


Joe bought this hand made sled from the Amish Farmer....

 
I loved the burned finish......

 
It matches the wood basket I have out in the Den that he also bought from the Amish Farmer....

 
I passed the painted one on to a friend of Joey's and kept the new one....

I made a bow to match the decor in the Den
 
 
 
I hung a sign on it that I took off this piece that Joe bought on Clearance for 90% off last year...



And those are my recent Christmas Buys and some of the "dabbling" that I did!!!!
 
I hope you enjoyed seeing them!!!


In the Summer, I  gave the upstairs Bathroom a mini makeover which had to do with caulking and laying a new floor.....
 
 
 
 This area was a mess so I always hid it behind a shower curtain......
 

 
 After I recaulked everything and put in a peel N stick floor, this is now what it looks like.....





I even added a beaded trim to the valance I made from a tablecloth.....


You can read about my mini transformation and why I say I have a Pretty Bathroom....again! HERE
 
And now......
 
It is time to decorate it for Christmas!!

 I hang a wreath on all of my inside doors that reflect the color scheme of that room....

The color scheme of the upstairs Bathroom is purple , gold and sage green.....


The purple Santa head was bought at Michael's.....


I made this wreath a few years ago......
 
 
 
The purple star hanging from the wreath was a gift......

Now that I no longer have to hide the awful caulk job anymore, I no longer use the shower curtain.....
 

And you can see my shower doors....
 
 I made the valance out of a tablecloth.......

 
This year, I decided to make a little garland out of a green beaded garland and purple ornaments.....
 
 
 
 
 I hung a purple ornament that was gifted to me by a friend, who has passed away, between the towels on the towel bar.....
 
 
 
 
 For several years now, I set up a 2 ft. Tree on top of the shelf unit above the toilet....
 
 
 
Simply because it is the only space that I could possibly set up a Tree!!!

 
 
I decorate it with purple and green ornaments and gold poinsettias that I tucked in the Tree....
 

 
 The bow is made from a shimmery gold ribbon with purple roses on it....
 

 
This bow matches the bow on the wreath on the door......

 
 
There are also 2 bird ornaments on the Tree....one in purple and one in green....
 
   

 Sorry but the glare from the Tree and the lighting made it almost impossible to get a decent pic of these bird ornaments....

I always try to add a bird ornament to my Trees as it is supposed to be a sign of "heavenly visitors", Peace or in the case of Doves, the Holy Spirit...
 
I light the Tree with 2 sets of battery operated lights....

 
 
Gold poinsettias in a purple vase and gold and purple berries added to a brass candlestick with a purple glass votive cup are on each side of the Tree....

 
 A few ornaments around the bottom of the Tree....
 

 
 On the shelf unit....
 
 
 
 In the Summer, I also added the wood rope molding to this shelf unit to match the wall paper border.....
 
 I hung ornaments from the handles....
 
 
 
 And added a Thomas Kinkade ornament inside the tea cup.....
 
 
 
Over in the corner by the sink......
 

 
 I hung ornaments from the sconce.....
 
 
 
 
 
 And decorated the sink area a little bit.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Purple bottle brush trees from Dollar Tree that I bought last year.....
 


 

 I apologize for the pictures as this room is extremely small with no windows and is very hard to take any decent pictures of it.....

I think I proved that no matter how small and what type of room it is, even a Bathroom, you can decorate it for Christmas and even have a Christmas Tree in it!!!
 
 In my next post on FRIDAY, I will be sharing my Craft/Sewing Room decorated for Christmas.....





So I hope you will stop by to visit again on FRIDAY!  
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!
 

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
  THURSDAY
 

  
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 


8 comments:

  1. You have been busy, that's for sure! I always love the fall tree pics you post each year. With the little ones due before long, do you think they will change how or how much you decorate your home? I can just see their eyes as they take it all in. Hope Danielle is feeling well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PJ,
      Thanks so much for stopping by!! Danielle is doing well...She is still working....As far as if I will change how I decorate, absolutely not...I taught my sons as my Mother taught me...Not to Touch or you get your hand slapped...My sons never bothered anything in my house when they were young and I never put anything away...They will never learn how to behave around nice things if you pack everything away....Same thing goes for the dogs we have had and even the grand pups.....They learned not to touch....I hope you have a great weekend!!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. Space will always be a problem but it looks like you always manage to find room! I must get to Dollar Tree sooner rather than later while the selection is so good. The boys would love those candy cane spoons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great finds, candy cane spoons are fantastic. I'm still not into Christmas, too busy thinking and planning for upcoming knee surgery Nov. 16. I did get my Christmas gift shopping done, now working on some embroidered tags. Here is my latest post,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is looking so festive already. :) You found some great new finds and that burnished sled looks amazing with all your Dabbling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the shoutout in this post, highly appreciated in sharing with your readers where you hang out and party. We would love to have you onboard as a co-host, so please get in touch with us

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been busy! I love how your bathroom turned out, I love the green and purple together, very nice! Thanks for sharing with SSPS, I sure appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty decorations, I love the pops of purple! Also, those mugs are super cute. Thank you for sharing at Tell It To Me Tuesday, I hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails