I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Monday, November 6, 2023

Christmas in the Master Bedroom, Christmas Home Tour, 2023

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!

 I am so happy you decided to stop by my Christmas Blog!!

  Every room in our townhouse has a different Christmas Theme and Color Scheme!!
 
 I prove that you do not have to live in a large home to have several Trees, over 20, in all shapes and sizes!!

The majority of my Christmas decorations are placed in the same room every year and I know that this is not what most Decorator's care for but to me, it like seeing old friends again when I decorate each year for Christmas as many of my decorations were gifts from family and friends........... 

I do try to add a few new things and change up things a bit but for the most part, these decorations are part of my Christmas Traditions and bring back a lot of treasured memories.....

 
 I post 3 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY, WEDNESDAY and FRIDAYS!!!!
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Today, I will be sharing how I decorated our bedroom this year with 2 Trees that reflect both mine and Joe's likes....
 
In my last post, I started my annual Christmas Home Tour and shared how I decorated the upstairs hall for Christmas.....

 
 

 
 
 
 
 

 

Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 
 Today, I will be continuing my Christmas Home Tour and will be sharing the 2 Trees in the Master Bedroom .....
 
I am not going to go into a lot of detail because not much has changed since last year.....

As always, I decorate each inside door in our townhouse with a wreath that matches the color scheme of that room.....
 
 The colors of our bedroom are a rose pink, blue and gold.....

This is the wreath on our bedroom door.....
 

 
 I made it a few years ago using rose colored flowers and ornaments.......
 

 
 I added this Santa head to the center of it.....
 

 
Also on the door is a gold velvet stocking that I embellished....


I do not do much Christmas decorating in this room except for decorating 2 Trees.....

One I decorate for me, which is my Victorian Lady Tree and one for Joe which I set up and decorate in what I call his Pittsburgh Corner.....

We will take a look at my Tree first.....

Last year was the first year that I used a white 4 1/2 Tree as my Victorian Lady Tree....
 


I originally bought the white Tree for the Siting Room and used it in there for 3 years.......
 
 
 
 But since Joe picked up a 6 ft. flocked Tree that I always wanted on Clearance for 90% off in Big Lot's after Christmas for under $8 two years ago, I now use that Tree in the Sitting Room.....
 
The Sitting Room Tree this year
 

Yes, it was under $8!!!!


This is what last year's Victorian Lady Tree looked like....


I felt that my light pink Victorian style ornaments got a bit lost on it and it looked a bit "pale"
 
So I bought a few bunches of blue roses to add to the Tree......


 I think it looks much better...... 

I set up this Tree in this corner of the bedroom on a small table....
 
 
 
 The blue roses seem to really pop on the white Tree..... 

 
And I think it goes well with my drapes....


 
I decorate this Tree with Victorian style ornaments that I bought many years ago........

 
 
 Last year, I added a blue ribbon to a pink one making the bow topper.....
 

 
 I tucked 2 white feathers into the top of the Tree like a Victorian Lady would have in her hat.....
 

 
The ornaments on this Tree are gloves and shoes....


Even a dress!

 
Purses and hats........



Boudoir dressers and ottomans........


 And dress forms and hand mirrors.........
 
 
 
 Everything you would find in a Victorian Lady's Dressing Room....
 
I also tuck frosted pink flowers into the Tree.....

 
 
 On the table underneath the Tree..... 


A hat box and shoe ornaments.....


A vintage purse, hanky and a pin with my Initial......
 
 
 
A Doll Head ornament on a box.....
 
 


 
 On the side of the table where the Tree is..... 

A Victorian Doll and battenburg lace parasol.....
 

 
A decorative hat box and a cute bear.....

 
 
 
 
My Mother's Lane Hope Chest is to the side of the Tree.....


  The Tree lit in the evening.....


 
 
 
 
Over on the other side of the room is Joe's Pittsburgh corner.....
 
 

 Joe is an avid Pittsburgh Penguins and Steelers fan......
 
And we have Season Tickets for the AHL Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins who play in the Arena that is located 5 minutes from our house......
 
Joe has a lot of Pittsburgh Sports Memorabilia displayed here in this alcove.... 


I set up a small Tree here on the roll top desk for him and decorate it with Penguins and Steelers ornaments.....
 
I also decorate the area around it too....
 

 
 
 

 
 A picture of Joe with the Wilkes Barre Scranton Pens mascot Tux when we hired him to make an appearance at our church Festival when I ran the Flea Market there.....
 

 
 
 
 
 
 I use a small Victorian style feather Tree and light it with a set of battery operated fairy lights......
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 A picture of Joe with the Stanley Cup when it visited our Arena.......
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
Joe and Tux at a game....



And there you have it!!

Each Tree is a reflection of each of us....


On WEDNESDAY in my next post, I will be sharing how I decorated the upstairs Bathroom for Christmas.....



And I also will be sharing another Christmas Haul.....
 

 
So I hope you will stop by to visit again on WEDNESDAY....  
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!
 

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
  THURSDAY
 
  
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 

5 comments:

  1. I love how you use the two trees to spotlight both of your interests! Victorian and Hockey! Our master bedroom is on the decorating list next. I am one of those sidetracked home executives. I have found the garland, but misplaced the bedspread. Yesterday I found the bedspread, but I'm missing the shams. But I also took a look at why I have so many comforters and quilts in that closet. Today I am going to call a friend who retired as a school social worker and ask if there is anywhere I can take practically brand-new comforters from a clean home. I know a lot of places won't take them anymore due to bedbugs. On that happy note, can't wait to see the Christmas bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like everything is coming together well Debbie. We are keeping it low key here this year, but I will be getting my "fix" by visiting others this year. As I was looking at your pictures, I said to myself, Debbie would love my mother's Victorian doll-head ornaments. She painted them many years ago, but no Christmas is complete without seeing them at her house. I wonder if you could find them and paint some for your tree? I was able to find the Victorian trio of carolers she has at a flea market in Cincinnati one year. They were all unpainted and awaiting someone to put their loving touch on them. I wish now I would have picked them up. It was lovely visiting with you today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're on a roll. I start the day after TG and work whirlwind style, though this year might be different with Rick's mom visiting and possibly grands, too. It is fun you can combine your collections!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this so much! I have always loved Victoriana of any kind, but my husband isn't quite as willing to go that direction as yours. In fact, I doubt he'd even notice if I did no decorating at all! I take that back...he does appreciate things when I'm done. I love that you decorate for your husband, too! BTW, my grandma had a feather tree. My oldest sister has it, and you can tell it's quite old and fragile now. It's white feathers (turkey maybe) with small stars and beads interspersed on it. I always loved that tree. Thanks for reminding me of it.

    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marsha,
      Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!! I am a Victorian soul and as far as my husband, he could not care less what I do with the house as long as he has a bed to sleep in and a chair to watch TV in!! LOL!! I hope you have a great weekend!!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails