I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

A Merry & Bright Vintage Christmas Tree & Vignettes in the Sitting Room, Christmas Home Tour, 2023

 
 




 

 

 

Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!

 I am so happy you decided to stop by my Christmas Blog!!

  Every room in our townhouse has a different Christmas Theme and Color Scheme!!
 
 I prove that you do not have to live in a large home to have several Trees, over 20, in all shapes and sizes!!

The majority of my Christmas decorations are placed in the same room every year and I know that this is not what most Decorator's care for but to me, it like seeing old friends again when I decorate each year for Christmas as many of my decorations were gifts from family and friends........... 

I do try to add a few new things and change up things a bit but for the most part, these decorations are part of my Christmas Traditions and bring back a lot of treasured memories.....

 
 I post 3 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY, WEDNESDAY and FRIDAYS!!!!
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
 Today, I will be sharing the rest of the decorations in the Sitting Room including a flocked Tree decorated with vintage Shiny Brite ornaments....
 
 
In my last post, I shared how I decorated the Sitting Room upstairs with brightly colored Christmas decorations with a vintage flare starting with my faux fireplace.....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Click HERE if you missed that post......


I want to Thank Esme, over at Esme Salon, for choosing my post, Late October This and That, as one of her Top 10 Posts from last week's Senior Salon Pit Stop Link Party!!!


Thanks so much, Esme!!

 Please stop by and link up to this wonderful party!!!


Today, I will be finishing my Tour of the upstairs decorated for Christmas......

And will be sharing the rest of the decorations in my upstairs Sitting Room.......

As I mentioned in my previous post, because of the floral wall paper border in this room, I decorate it for Christmas in bright colors like bright pink, green, aqua and silver.....

When you walk into the Sitting Room, directly to your left..... 




I painted this wash stand, which a neighbor gave to me, white a few years back.....


This year, I decided to place this small flocked Tree that I have used in the Den other years, in this Victorian style bowl and pitcher set....


I decorated it with a multi colored small beaded garland and bright pink tear drop ornaments.....


 Lighting it with battery operated fairy lights....
 
I also decided to place this white Tree, that I decorated with small ornaments in the same bright colors that I have used throughout this room, in the matching chamber pot on the bottom shelf of the wash stand.....


I have no idea why I did not think of this other years.....


On the side of the wash stand....


An angel, a sled and a pair of skates....




Hanging in this corner of the room is a chandy that I made....


Normally, this room is decorated in a garden theme hence the small flower pots in the votive cups I glued to the metal chandy....


A bright pink ornament hangs from the center of it.....


To the left of the Tree is a window mirror I bought many years ago at a church flea market.....


I hung 2 small mirrors below it and love seeing the reflection of the Tree in all of them......

On the shelf, is a small flocked tree placed inside of the small pitcher that belongs to the bowl and pitcher set....


And a Santa head wearing a bright pink Santa hat.....
 
 
Last year was the first time I used this 6 ft. flocked Tree that Joe bought on Clearance in Big Lot's at 
90 % off!!

It was under $9!!!
 
 

I did have to replace all the lights but I like to use my own warm white LED lights that I add to all my Trees....


Much better.....


This year, I added these globe lights to the Tree......


$19.99....down to $1.99 each at 90 % off in Big Lot's this past August......

I love how they look lit up.....
 

And of course, I forgot to take a picture of how they look on this Tree before I decorated it.....

But here is the Tree.....
 

 
 Last year, I worried how my collection of vintage Shiny Brite ornaments would look on this Tree and I was pleasantly surprised as I loved how they look on a flocked Tree....
 
 
I also use newer solid color ball ornaments that I tuck way inside of the Tree to add depth and a bit of color....

I topped the Tree off this year with one of my vintage glass tree toppers......


 

 And a bow made out of 3 different type ribbons in bright colors.....
 
I used different beaded garlands strung together in the bright colors of the ornaments....
 
 
 
One year, Target had an entire line of decorations in these bright colors....
 
I bought most of it on Clearance at 75 % off......

 
I thought it went well with the bright vintage ornaments I had....


There are also bright pink icicles on this Tree...



It is on this Tree that I hang the Baby's First Christmas ornaments that were for my sons when they were born.....




  I wrapped the Tree in a bright pink wired string garland.....


At the base of the Tree....


I bought the hand made tree skirt at a church flea market.....


The white snow village was also bought a long time ago at Target on Clearance....



I lit it with fairy lights because when lit the lights inside look blue and I wanted a warmer effect....

And here in a toy wagon are all my son's Christmas books along with some vintage Golden Christmas books.....


In the evening......




Hanging on the wall to the right side is a tea cup shelf that I also painted white.....



I decided to do something different this year and removed all my vintage tea cups from the shelf and replaced them with putz houses for Christmas....


I placed small flocked trees, bought at Ollies last year, in my Rosie B Tea Set that was a gift from a friend.....


The vintage crystal candle sticks on the top of the shelf were a Salvation Army find!!
 
 
I used vintage style cards as a back drop.....


Most of the houses are vintage....


And some are actually newer ornaments......



I saw this idea on Pinterest so I can not claim it as my own but I am happy I did this......

 
 
Below this shelf is a chair that I painted and reupholstered when I changed this room into a Sitting Room after my youngest son Jimmy moved out....
 

.
On the chair is a pair and the box that they came in of young boy's skates that were my late neighbor Elly's sons!!
 
He is my age so they were bought in the 1960's.....

On top of the box is a Santa head and on the chair is one of my vintage Golden Books.......

Along this wall.......

I made this shelf unit by stacking 2 different tables that I painted white on top of each other!!!! 

Originally, I did not want a TV in this room because I wanted it as a room for me to read in as I have one recliner ( it is too small for 2) in the room .....

 But my oldest son Joey had a TV he was getting rid of ( for a bigger one), he asked if I wanted it and it turned out to be perfect here.....

I use an antenna for it and can pick up 26 TV stations!!!


On top of the TV is a pop up Mother's Day card that my son Jim and DIL Danielle gifted me in the shape of a birdhouse!!!

 
On the top shelf....
 

 
The dog ornament resembles our sweet late Savanna, vintage ornaments with small ones in a box....

 
  
 I bought the angel at an Estate Sale.....

 
An cloche style ornament and one bought for me when Jim and Danielle went on one of their many trips to Las Vegas


In August, I picked up these door knobs for FREE at a Church Flea Market.....


The colors of them called out to me.....

And who would know that they would fit perfectly on top of the knobs on top of this table!!!!


The other 2 are on the back ones!!!


I took the dishes that I normally have displayed here off  and set up a few Villages scenes.....



On the top shelf is my vintage Plasticville collection......


The barn and the cottage with the blue roof along with the farm animals belonged to my parent's and were under their Tree on a platform that my Dad made......

You can see them on the left side of the platform!!!

The 3 chalk people figures were my Mother's as a young child and she would would have turned 104 this year so I estimate they are close to 100 years old....



On the next shelf are some houses that I bought several years ago in Ollies......


The trucks were both of my son's......


And on the bottom shelf.....
 
 
 
 An ornament bought at Hobby Lobby.....
 

 
 A village piece that Joe bought at Bed, Bath and Beyond one year for 75% off.....

 
Two light up snow men that I was gifted by a friend.....


And two vintage reindeer on each side......



 
I hung a pair of skates on the side....
 
 
 
Next to this is a book case that my Dad built for me when I was a child.....




On the top of it.....


I made this miniature Tree last year from a kit that I found when cleaning out my late neighbor Elly's home for her sons after she passed away..........

 





 
It stays here year round.....

 
The vintage lamp was my Mother's...


Joe bought the tree and Santa to have at the concession stand when he was working last year...


I like the vintage look of them and they light up!!!



On the top 2 shelves of this book case....

 
 A card made for me by my face book friend Angela and 2 pairs of vintage baby booties that belonged to Elly's sons....
 
 
 
 Some Christmas books....
 

 
On the 3rd shelf, along with some other home and garden books are my Christmas magazines ( more are now downstairs to look through)
 

And on the bottom shelf are my Christmas books.....

 
 
I also display here my original Chipmunk album that my sister bought for me one Christmas when i was a child!!!
 

 
 And on top of the last book case before you come to the corner curio.....
 


Is my Dollar Tree Candy Land display!!!


I bought these crocheted trees ages ago in Bon Ton and embellished them....

The larger one is resting in a vintage Ribbon and Bows Milk Glass Wedding Bowl.....


 
The smaller one is in the middle of this vintage shelf with all the miniature Candy Land pieces that I bought one year in Dollar Tree on the sides....


I thought they were adorable!!!!


 Minerva is back in the corner where she belongs and ready to go to a Christmas Ball.....
 
 
 
If you followed me on my regular Blog, she made an appearance downstairs for Halloween.....
 
 
 
 And that not only completes my tour of the Sitting Room but also of the upstairs.....

I am so looking forward to being able to sit and relax and enjoy this room like I did last year....


With a cup of Hot Cocoa....


And my lap top.....



 In my next post on FRIDAY, we will take a break from my annual Christmas Home Tour and I will catch you up on some buys, crafts, a craft fair and where I am with my Christmas decorating.....
 
 So I hope you will stop by to visit again on FRIDAY!
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!
 

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
  THURSDAY
 

  
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 

3 comments:

  1. We had a tree topper just like your vintage tree topper when I was a girl at home! I found a knock off cheap plastic one that is similar that I have been using in the last few years. Yours is just fabulous. I love the Putz houses on the shelves, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your color theme this year, Debbie. And that vintage tree is just a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie this is one of my features for this week's Weekend Traffic Jam Reboot!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails