I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Friday, November 17, 2023

Christmas Buys & Gifts & a Craft Fair, 2023

 


  

 

 

 

 Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!

 I am so happy you decided to stop by my Christmas Blog!!

  Every room in our townhouse has a different Christmas Theme and Color Scheme!!
 
 I prove that you do not have to live in a large home to have several Trees, over 20, in all shapes and sizes!!

The majority of my Christmas decorations are placed in the same room every year and I know that this is not what most Decorator's care for but to me, it like seeing old friends again when I decorate each year for Christmas as many of my decorations were gifts from family and friends........... 

I do try to add a few new things and change up things a bit but for the most part, these decorations are part of my Christmas Traditions and bring back a lot of treasured memories.....

  
 I post 3 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY, WEDNESDAY and FRIDAYS!!!!
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
Today, I am taking a break from my Christmas Home Tour and doing a more personal post.....
 
 
In my last post, I shared the rest of the decorations in the Sitting Room including a flocked Tree decorated with vintage Shiny Brite ornaments and a few vignettes....

 
 




 

 

Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 
With my last post, I finished my Tour of the upstairs decorated for Christmas.....

Here is a break down of how long it took me to decorate the upstairs....

 Hall -  1 day
Master Bedroom - 2 days
Bathroom - 1 day
Craft Room - 2 days
Sitting Room - 3 days
 
Total - 9 days

I started decorating upstairs in the beginning of October.....
 
I also had the Den done by Halloween....

I have the entire downstairs decorated for Christmas now except the Living Room, which I will start to decorate today...
 
Last year, it took me 32 days to decorate the entire house inside and out!!

Every year, I aim to be done for Thanksgiving so I can sit back and relax and enjoy the entire Holiday Season....

This year, I wanted to be finished by Thanksgiving as our DIL will be 7 1/2 months pregnant with the Twins by then and I want to be ready for anything if need be....

She is doing well, still working....

They will be staying home for Thanksgiving as they will be going in to work at Target around midnight on Black Friday so Debbie Door Dash will be delivering Thanksgiving Day Dinner to them as they rest up before going to work.....

It is going to be a low key Holiday Season for us this year as Danielle will be staying home resting as much as possible especially while still working....

 
This past weekend was our church Craft Fair....

Joe and I went Saturday morning to look around and buy some food at the food stand....

Here we are walking in.....


This is the vestibule of our church.....


Pictures were taken on Saturday by our friend Barb....

On Sunday, Joe was scheduled to work taking the money at the Food Stand.....



I spent the day helping out where needed and visiting with old friends.....

Here I am helping out selling raffle tickets....


With my good friends......Betty, Carol and Barb.....

 
Buying my chances....


 

 
There was over 32 different baskets made up for the raffle.......


 
 And here is the crew drawing the numbers at the end of the Craft Fair.....
 
 
With Joe supervising!!!

 
Me and my friend Darlene....

 
I also had the opportunity to go outside on the side of our church and take some pictures of our newly refurbished Grotto honoring Saint Maria Goretti, who our parish is named after.....
 
You can see it through the window behind Carol and I......

 
The door behind us leads into the small chapel where morning Mass is held during the week....
 
 This is the grotto when you enter it off to the right of the church entrance.....

 
The window on the side to the left is the chapel's stained glass window.....
 

 
 The statue of Saint Maria Goretti.....
 

 
"St. Maria Goretti is best known for her commitment to purity and the courageous defence of her faith at the young age of eleven that made her willing to undergo death rather than participate in a sin against God. She is also remarkable for the forgiveness she willingly granted her attacker as she lay on her deathbed."
 
She is the patron saint of chastity, rape victims, girls, youth, teenage girls, poverty, purity, and forgiveness.
 
And a newly added fountain.....


The refurbishing of our grotto was the Girl Scout project of one of our young parishioners.....
 
Joe and I contributed toward the project with other parishioners and businesses....

I think it looks beautiful.....


Joe went to a Meet and Greet for Season Ticket Holders of our Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins who play at the Arena 5 minutes down the road from us.....
 
 
Season ticket holders were able to go down on to the ice for a free skate and tour the training and locker rooms....
 
 Here is Joe by the Zamboni.....



 
 
 
 Sorry that the pics are a bit blurry as Matt took them with my old camera....
 
Matt is who buys my ticket for most of the home games.....
 
 
 
The training rooms.....

 
Matt and Joe got a kick out of the broken mirror....

 
This is one of the lines for Season Ticket Holders to get autographs from their favorite players.....

 
This is the 25th Hockey Season and 25 years since our arena was built....
 
In the center of the ice this year at our Arena is this special 25 years emblem.....
 

 Encircling it are the names of the Season Ticket Holders who have been Season Ticket Holders for 25 years.....
 
 Joe is one of them and this is a special Tee shirt for those Season Ticket Holders....

 
 This is the back of his tee shirt.....

 
And here is Joe's name....
 

 
When the ice is removed at the end of the Season, the Season Ticket Holders will somehow receive their name that was on the ice.....


We are looking forward to seeing just how they will be doing that....
 

I want to show you something I recently bought.....


For many years, I have wanted a Mrs. Santa Claus.....

Look at her sweet face!!!


She has a cake and dough bag in her hands and a candy cane and gingerbread cookie in her pockets.....


And look at her pantalones and boots!!!!


I bought her online at Boscov's.....
 

She was 50% off, plus I had a coupon for 15% off and a $5 Reward, taking her  down to under $20 from $60!!


On Thursday, I woke up to no power in my Living Room....

Long story short, it was a very stressful frightening day dealing with a serious, potentially dangerous electrical issue.....

And to boot, I had my Living Room ripped apart cleaning it before decorating....

I had a headache and felt nauseated and was working off all the nervous energy and anxiety after the problem was fixed by cleaning the Living Room like a maniac.....

And then the mail came and there was a package for me.....

When I opened it.....


 
There were all these nicely packaged gifts from my Face Book friend Angela!!!!!

 
You may remember that after I gifted Angela a few boxes of laces, ribbon flowers and craft supplies, she created this amazing miniature room box of my Craft Room....
 
 
 
 I actually shed tears of joy and gratefulness when I opened all these amazing creations.....

 
This was the perfect end to a stressful day and the perfect "Pick Me Up" I needed.....
 
Ornaments..... 

Mrs. Claus

 
Santa

 
Snow men....

 
A Gingerbread cookie....

 
Gingerbread cookies....

 
Snowman ornaments....

 
A gingerbread house....


 
A gingerbread train....


I am incredibly BLESSED to call Angela my friend even though we will never meet because of the distance in miles between us but sometimes you just find a person , who shares the same interests, and you feel that connection....

That is what I felt when I first came across Angela on FB....

I knew she was the person who I would gift a lot of the craft supplies I used when I made and sold my Victorian Crafts too...

I knew she would make good use of them...

In fact, I see some of the laces that I sent to her on these wonderful hand made creations she gifted me.... 
 
THANK YOU SO MUCH, ANGELA!


And yes, I found the perfect places for them in my Kitchen, which I am calling Mrs. Claus's Kitchen this year....

And with that being said, I am starting my Tour of the downstairs decorated for Christmas this year with the Kitchen on MONDAY!!!
 
I hope to be almost finished with the Living Room by then....

Most of the things that I bought for Christmas this year went into the Kitchen as Gingerbread is a big thing this Christmas....

So there is a LOT to show you and a lot of changes which is why it took me 4 days to decorate the Kitchen with packing away Falloween decor and cleaning it....

So I hope you will stop by to visit again on MONDAY!
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!
 

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 
  THURSDAY
  Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 

8 comments:

  1. OH my!!! Your electrical problem sounds scary!!! My husband convinced me somehow to have our house rewired a few years ago. It was built in 1973 so it doesn't seem to old to me, until I consider how old I am and how long ago that was. And we upgraded something or other so he could have more power in the garage. Anyway - the thing is - the electrician found a LIVE WIRE in the ceiling of my bedroom hooked to nothing, just laying in the insulation that had been there since the house was built! To think I slept under it for 40 years! It made the cost of rewiring a little better.
    Girl, you look so good. I could barely look at the church festivities with looking at now great you look! You might have hit a plateau but you look WONDERFUL.
    Mrs. Santa is adorable and those special presents from Angela fit perfectly in your theme. I can't wait to see everything. in place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I have so much to say about your post, so here goes in one long run on…so happy to hear mama and babies are doing well, you look fabulous and I love all the gifts your lovely friend made for you, sometimes distance doesn’t matter when it comes to friendship! I have been busy in real life and haven’t visited blogs or answered comments in FOREVER. It’s on my list this weekend to catch up and I will start with your lovely site and all the rooms you’ve decorated!! I can’t wait to peek at them all!! Enjoy the weekend and Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Evening, Debbie,
    I apologize for taking so long to comment but it has been such fun to see all your Christmas decorations.🎄 You've shared so many interesting things in this post.. It's wonderful news that Danielle and the twins are doing well. 😇 How exciting!! You and Joe really take good pictures and you both look great! (I love your sweater jacket.) I hope your church did well with the craft fair, and the Grotto is lovely. Thanks for sharing the background information. Joe certainly had a special time with his team and that has to mean a lot..🐧
    What a treasured friend you have in Angela! 🎁 The ornaments are beautiful and it's so sweet they arrived just at the right time.
    And the Mrs. Santa is a cutie!
    🍂I hope you and your family have a Blessed Thanksgiving!
    Linda



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      Thanks so much for stopping by and thank you for your very sweet words!! I am happy to hear that you are enjoying seeing my decorations...I am having a lot of fun this year "playing" in my house and trying to arrange things a bit differently... We did have a nice Thanksgiving...I wish that you and yours did too!! I hope you are enjoying the Holiday weekend!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  4. That Grotto is lovely! I am so intrigued with the idea of Joe getting his name from the center of the ice rink; I had never heard of that but what a fun way to honor those long standing fans. Those crafts from Angela are the sweetest and what a perfect end to a stressful day. Wishing you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving and that those babies stay in nice and long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much color and so much fun. Love that Joe got honored in that way. A church craft fair (any craft fair) is always a fun idea. Lots of joy here! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your new Mrs. Claus and those lovely gifts. Wishing you a happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What awesome awesome finds and wonderful time.
    Thank you for sharing your links with us at #288 SSPS Linky. See you again next week.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails