I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Friday, November 3, 2023

Christmas & Lusterware in the Upstairs Hall, Christmas Home Tour 2023

 

 
 
 
 
 
 

 

   

Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!

 I am so happy you decided to stop by my Christmas Blog!!

  Every room in our townhouse has a different Christmas Theme and Color Scheme!!
 
 I prove that you do not have to live in a large home to have several Trees, over 20, in all shapes and sizes!!

The majority of my Christmas decorations are placed in the same room every year and I know that this is not what most Decorator's care for but to me, it like seeing old friends again when I decorate each year for Christmas as many of my decorations were gifts from family and friends........... 

I do try to add a few new things and change up things a bit but for the most part, these decorations are part of my Christmas Traditions and bring back a lot of treasured memories.....

 
 I post 3 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY, WEDNESDAY and FRIDAYS!!!!
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
Today, I will be starting my annual Christmas Home Tour........Room by Room.....
 
 
In my last post, I shared more of my New Buys for Christmas and a few Packing Tips that I have learned over the years.......

 
 

 
Click HERE if you missed that post!!
 
 
I want to Thank Bev, over at Eclectic Red Barn, for choosing my Blog post, Christmas Haul, October Rudolph Day, as one of her features from last week's Thursday Favorite Things Linky Party!!!!

 

Thanks so much, Bev!!

Please stop by and link up to this wonderful party!!!
 

And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 
I was beginning to think that Joe's luck finally ran out.....

But he won $200 on this scratch off.....

 
 At least he is getting some of his money back.....
 
 
I am happy to say that I finished taking down Halloween, cleaned and decorated the Powder Room downstairs for Christmas today.....

It is supposed to be a bit warmer this weekend as we hit a record low of 25 degrees during the week....

I will be taking down and packing away Falloween outside decorations in the front of the house this weekend.....


I will be starting off my Christmas Home Tour with the upstairs Hall like I usually do each year......

There are a few changes since last year.....

As you walk up the steps.....

 
In Victorian times, houses had large hallways so Victorians frequently decorated them.....

I display my vintage Lusterware collection up here in the hall......

I had hoped to have ripped down the wall paper border and painted the hall peach to match the downstairs Living Room and walls as up walk up the steps but it got so hot and humid so fast this past Summer, I just did not get to it......


Hopefully next year......

I do not use garland on the railing like I used to due to safety concerns as I do still need to hang on to the railing on occasion.....


Instead, I hang a wreath that I made from the railing at the top of the stairs.......



I lit it with a set of battery operated lights.....

In the corner at the top of the stairs.....


This part of the hall is mostly done in white and gold in an angel theme......


A brass sconce on the side of a Home Interiors mirror......



I made the white and gold snowflake wreath last year using white Dollar Tree trees......
 

This year, I lit it with another set of battery operated lights....


I leave the light green and gold greenery up year round.....


I use a hanging vintage corner shelf and a free standing corner shelf here which is usually filled with Lusterware.....


I did leave some of these pieces out......
 

A large gold glittered tree.....
 
 
 
 The paper mache angels that I displayed on this shelf were bought at a church flea market several years ago......
 

 
 The music sheet ribbon bows that I made stay up all year round......
 


I have used gold berries and ornament balls to add a bit of Christmas.......


I bought this nativity figurine at Target many years ago and this gave me the idea to decorate the hall upstairs for Christmas.....




My friend Anne Marie gifted me this sweet Bearington Bear last year.....


And I have had this one for several years.....



Over on the other wall.....

 

 
Hanging on a vintage mantel mirror are 2 angels that I made and the one in the center was a gift from a friend......
 
 



 

 
 
 
 I framed this graphic of a "Silent Night" music sheet.....
 
 
 
This shelf was my late neighbor Elly's.....


This year, I decided to remove most of the Lusterware pieces.....


I made this bottle last year......
 

 
 
 
The houses were bought at Dollar Tree and I painted them white.....
 

 
 I framed these graphics of vintage Christmas music sheets last year and decided to hang it here this year...
 

 
 On the side of the shelf.....
 

There are battery operated candles that come on at night by timer on the shelf in the corner.....
 

On the other side of the railing, is a branch Tree....


This is just a bunch of white birch branches that I put in a vase and I added some gold branches to and I decorated it with angel ornaments that I made last year.....

 



And of course, it is lit by battery operated lights....




On the pedestal that I placed the vase on.....
 

I also made the angel last year....


On the opposite wall ......


On the wall across from the Craft Room.....

 
 I decorated this area in a Santa theme......
 

 
 This area is where I display my blue lusterware pieces......
 
 
 
 I did leave a lot of those pieces out......
 

 
 On the top shelf of a wall shelf.....
 
 
 
Another gold glitter tree......
 

 
 
 
I bought the gold Santa a few years ago in Big Lot's.....
 
 
 
 The gold Christmas trees are from Big Lot's last year and were bought at 90% off......


The Santa and Child figurine in the lantern is an old Home Interiors piece.....


Again, I used gold berries and gold ball ornaments to add a bit of bling......

I bought this shelf at Salvation Army for $10 quite awhile ago and restained it.....
 
 
 

A gold tree and a gold church.....


Gold reindeers.....



Gold sleds.....


Candles that come on by timer.....



An angel.....




And that is what our upstairs hall looks like this year for Christmas......


In my next post on MONDAY,I will be sharing our Master Bedroom......
 


 
So I hope you will stop by to visit again on MONDAY!!  
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!
 

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 
  THURSDAY
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 
 

4 comments:

  1. The gold and white is lovely, Debbie. Very formal but with some warm, homey touches like the bears! So elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said I never would, but you have inspired me to start earlier, just to get things done by Christmas!!! I emptied my "curiosity cabinet" and moved in the Christmas dishes! And I got Halloween packed. I did leave some pumpkins in the living and dining room because there is a 50/50 chance I am hosting Thanksgiving. I cleaned the bedrooms to get ready to switch to Christmas bedding - the plan for today. I am not sure if I will make it since I also have to get ready for a granddaughter sleepover. We are going to the last showing of the Taylor Swift concert on the last night our drive-in is open! We will be taking lots of blankets and mittens with us. I have a calendar of my "to do" list and I am four days behind at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see I can only post using Google on this blog, your regular one lets me use my name and website. I'll have to do some catch up on your posts, I've been busy this week with pre-surgical appointments before the Nov 16 surgery. No decorating here yet, but I have been doing Christmas shopping to be sure it is completed before surgery. It's drippy and dull day here, hope the sun is shining on you. Have a wonderful weekend. https://craftygardener.ca/into-november/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, your Christmas blog is back! I love virtually visiting your place at Christmas.
    Visiting today from SSPS 286 #50&51.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails