I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Friday, November 24, 2023

Mrs. Claus's Kitchen, Gingerbread Village and More, Christmas Home Tour, 2023






 

 Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!

 I am so happy you decided to stop by my Christmas Blog!!

  Every room in our townhouse has a different Christmas Theme and Color Scheme!!
 
 I prove that you do not have to live in a large home to have several Trees, over 20, in all shapes and sizes!!

The majority of my Christmas decorations are placed in the same room every year and I know that this is not what most Decorator's care for but to me, it like seeing old friends again when I decorate each year for Christmas as many of my decorations were gifts from family and friends........... 

I do try to add a few new things and change up things a bit but for the most part, these decorations are part of my Christmas Traditions and bring back a lot of treasured memories.....

  
 I post 3 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY, WEDNESDAY and FRIDAYS!!!!
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, I will be completing my Tour of Mrs. Claus's Kitchen......
 
In my last post, I shared my Christmas Beverage Bar and the counter top area....

 

 

 

 

 

 Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 
 
 I want to Thank Donna, over at Modern on Monticello, for choosing my post, Merry & Vintage Sitting Room, Fireplace, as one of her features from last week's Home Matter's Linky Party!!
 
 


 Thanks so much, Donna!!

Please stop by and link up to this lovely party!!
 
 
 
And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 
I hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving Holiday and got to sped it with those you love......
 
I set a very simple table as there were only 3 of us having dinner here.... 

 
 I always chuckle when people say that they can not decorate for Christmas before Thanksgiving because they are having Thanksgiving Day Dinner at their house....



Personally, no matter what type of decorations are surrounding you, you can still be Thankful and Grateful for all the Blessings in your life and enjoy a Thanksgiving Day Dinner with family and friends!!!
 
My white dishes with a gold trim bought at The Christmas Tree Shop for a Buck a piece, my vintage Gold Leaf tumblers and my gold flatware....


My serving dishes were all Corelle except for the gravy boat....


Nothing in the center of the table because as my son Joey always says.....
"you have to have room for all the Food!"


 As per my tradition ever since I was a kid, I had the Macy's Day Parade on TV while I worked on Dinner....
 

 
 I would watch this parade with bated breath while both my parent's were cooking in the Kitchen, anxiously awaiting the arrival of Santa Claus and the beginning of the Christmas Holiday Season!!!
 
 Another reason why I am thrilled the inside of my house is completely decorated for Christmas because, with a flip of an imaginary Switch, it becomes Christmas Time!!

This was our 9 pound turkey breast....


I put some meat aside so I could make turkey salad sliders today on Friday.....
 

 
This is what I served for Dinner after packing up a Debbie Door Dash Delivery for my son Jim and DIL Danielle, who stayed home to rest as they had to go into work in the wee hours of Black Friday morning....
  

There was nothing left from this container of Turkey!!!!!

In fact, all that was left from dinner was this sausage filling!!


Joey ran Thanksgiving Day dinner over to Jim and Danielle......


I even included plates and napkins.....

Today, I made turkey soup....

 
Which we had with the turkey salad sliders that I made with potato buns...


It was a nice, quiet stress free Thanksgiving.....


Today, I will be sharing the final part of Mrs. Claus's Kitchen Tour......

Again, I will be sharing where I put all the new things that I did buy to answer the frequent question of "Where are you going to put it all?"
 
These are the new items you will see in this post...











 
 
 You can see more about these Buys by clicking HERE, HERE and HERE!!
 
 
 I left off, in my last post, at my Beverage Bar area which is next to the refrigerator...........


So I will start this post with my Gingerbread Village on top of the fridge....


This is the 3rd year that I have set it up on the top of the fridge.....


Last year, I used Christmas tins to elevate the houses that I bought a long time ago in Boscov's.....


I bought the white enamelware bread box in the Spring so I changed things around a bit.....


I used 2 candy trees....


One on each side of the bread box.....


I bought the large gingerbread house in the Dollar Tree Plus section this year....


 

 

 The house on the right came from Walmart this year....
 
 
 
The gingerbread trees were bought at Dollar General last year and the small candy tree at Micheal's a few years ago......
 
 
 
I hung an ornament on the lamp shade and changed out the candy corn that I had in this mason jar lamp for Halloween to Christmas candy....


 

That is actually a plaid rag rug on top of the fridge....

 
 
 I hung a Dollar Tree plate on the wall in the corner.....
 

 
 To the right of the fridge....
 
 
 
 Hanging above the doorway into the Dining Room.....
 
 
 
 I took apart the bow on this swag and added gingerbread ribbon bought in Dollar General to it....
 
 
 
 
 
 I added the front of Little Debbie boxes that I cut apart to the shelf along this wall.....
 

 The counter bar......
 
 
 
 
 
 On the left side.......
 
 
I added a few Christmas items to my vintage laundry display....

 
 
  
 
 
 
 
 I did the garland above the counter bar a bit differently this year.....

 


 
 
 I hung the new gingerbread garland that I bought in J.C. Penney's.....
 

 
 And added Gingerbread Baker ornaments at each end.....
 
 
 
Along with candy ornaments....


I hung a Dollar Tree sign over the galley sign.....


And also added candy canes.....
 
 
    

 
 
 
 
 Hanging on the side is another one of the hand made items that my FB friend Angela gifted me.....
 
   

 On the left side.....

 
 I hung new Christmas plaid napkins over the shutters.....
 
 
 
 One of my new nutcrackers from Penney's.....
 
 
 
 I placed my reindeer mugs with candles on top of them on top of the red mercury glass candle holders....
 
 
 

 
A Christmas plaid runner across the top of the counter bar.....
 

 
 
 Another Baking Spirits Bright plate from Dollar Tree....


 
 Christmas soup bowls at each end hold granola bars and cough drops and life savers....
 


In the center in the back....
 
 
 
  I filled the vintage Libbey Christmas mugs with candy canes and lollipops....


I also placed the light up candle from Big Lot's in the center....
 



On the right side....
 
 

 
 The other nutcracker I bought at Penney's....
 
 
 
 
 Another one of Angela's amazing creations that she gifted me!!
 
 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A cafe curtain I made from a vintage tablecloth.....

 
A new Kitchen mat bought at Ollie's....
 

 
 
 
On the right side of the counter bar.....



Last year, since I never used the rolling pin I got as a Bridal Shower gift 45 years ago, I decided to "dabble" a bit with it....


Much better.....


Mrs. Claus's Kitchen....


This sign bought at Gabes a few years back will stay here all Winter....



In the corner.....


A vintage Christmas apron.....

 
A large candy cane......




And that completes my Tour of Mrs. Claus's Kitchen!!!

My Kitchen is one of my favorite rooms to decorate and I could not be happier with how it turned out this year with all my new Buys!!!

I hope you enjoyed seeing it!!!
 
UPDATE!!! 

I decided to added the small vintage Tree that I found in my late neighbor Elly's when we cleaned out the house for her sons....

 
I have had this Tree on the windowsill above the sink in past years but this year, I did not think I had room for it as I did something different there....

 
After watching a "decorate with Me" You Tube video, I saw something similar to this done on the side of a counter bar....

 
So I inverted a crock, placed a Christmas plaid dishcloth on it and strung 2 piece of garland bought at Dollar General around it....



Glad I did it!

One more update....
 
I added a place mat , a green charger and peppermint candy plates that Joe bought last year on Clearance in Bed, Bath and Beyond.....


 
 
In my next post on MONDAY, I will be taking you in to my Victorian style Dining Room decorated in pink and gold for Christmas....

There are quite a bit of changes in this room too....

We will be starting at the Buffet and small Curio in Part 1 of the Tour of my Dining Room.....



The chandy.....


And an everyday tablescape as we eat in the Dining Room daily....


So I hope you will stop by to visit again on MONDAY!!
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!
 

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 
  THURSDAY
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Gingerbread is such a cute theme for a kitchen! You have found some really delightful gingerbread houses. I love "Debbie Door Dash". I am sure those hardworking Target employees appreciated it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, it looks like you had a lovely Thanksgiving dinner and packed up a lovely one to send to the kids, too! Love the gingerbread! I am all about it this year, it's a Christmas staple, but this year it's all over Instagram and in the stores. Your village is stunning and so festive...as usual!! Enjoy that switch flip...I need to get to work! Haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb: What a delightful display of all your sweet collections. You have a great bunch of gingerbread pieces. I love them. I bet the kids were happy that Debbie Door Dash came by. I can't imagine having to work Black Friday jobs. I never go out on that day but I'm sure all the shoppers that do appreciate them. Things are looking quite festive, you have been busy, my friend..Happy Holidays..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  4. We didn't have enough leftover turkey to do much of anything with it! We did have a delicious dinner though and it was nice with just a couple of extra people. Your gingerbread village is the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your attention to detail always amazes me, Debbie! So many little goodies to take in as you look at the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words and for taking the time to stop by!! I hope you have a great week!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  6. Absolutely stunning. You have so much creativity, love it.
    Thank you for sharing your links with us at #289 SSPS Linky. See you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, your collections always amaze me. Love the gingerbread collection. I am happy to feature your post at Love Your Creativity. Merry Christmas. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for sharing your gingerbread village kitchen at Tuesday Turn About! I'll be featuring your post at this week's party! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Debbie ! Your home looks so festive with all the Christmas decor. I love the ginger bread theme and all the little houses. Thank you for linking up with the Home Imagined Link party.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails