I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Victorian Christmas Dining Room, Hutch And a Tablescape, Christmas Home Tour, 2023

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!

 I am so happy you decided to stop by my Christmas Blog!!

  Every room in our townhouse has a different Christmas Theme and Color Scheme!!
 
 I prove that you do not have to live in a large home to have several Trees, over 20, in all shapes and sizes!!

The majority of my Christmas decorations are placed in the same room every year and I know that this is not what most Decorator's care for but to me, it like seeing old friends again when I decorate each year for Christmas as many of my decorations were gifts from family and friends........... 

I do try to add a few new things and change up things a bit but for the most part, these decorations are part of my Christmas Traditions and bring back a lot of treasured memories.....

  
 I post 3 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY, WEDNESDAY and FRIDAYS!!!!
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Today, I will be sharing how I decorated the Hutch in the Dining Room along with the chandy and a tablescape....
 
In my last post, I shared how I decorated the Buffet in the Dining Room in a pink, gold and white color theme....

 

 

 

 And also the top of the small curio in the room.....

 

 Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 

And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 
 We saw our very first snowflakes of the Season here yesterday!!!!!!


 
Like a kid, I had to run out and twirl around and try to catch one on my tongue!!!

 
I am sure my neighbors think I am crazy!!!

 
And I pray I will never ever lose that childhood delight at the first snowflakes of the Winter!!!

 
Just a dusting....


 
And it was gone in a few minutes.....

This is actually a bit late for us to see our first snowflakes here in NEPA....

 
We paid a down payment on the roof and signed a contract and hopefully, they will be starting on Thursday, weather permitting....

A warm up is predicted with a few days of showers so we will see how this goes.....



Today, I will be continuing the Tour of our Dining Room and will be showing you what I did differently with the Hutch....
 

 
 
 
 

  Again, I will be sharing where I put all the new things that I did buy to answer the frequent question of "Where are you going to put it all?"
 
These are the new items you will see in this post about the Dining Room...
 
 
 

 
Click HERE if you missed that post....
 
 
For 45 years, I have always kept the glass doors on the hutch.....
 
Last year with the glass sliding doors on....


But this past Halloween, I decided to take the doors off when I set up my Apothecary Cabinet......


I decided to keep the doors off until after Christmas.....

I wanted to do something a bit differently this year.....
 
 

I decided to fill the Hutch again, like last Christmas, with red transferware and Colony Park Lane Clear Ruby Red Flash Vintage Glassware......
 
 


And add a few more items....


But first, on top of the Hutch is a Nativity Set from Home Interiors that I bought the first year we were married, 45 years ago....


 


I bought the pink church at Target many years ago for 75% off for a mere $5.00......


I also added 2 Home Interiors Angels o each side of the church.....


And a set of battery operated lights....





 
 
 Inside the Hutch.....


 Where I carried on the Nativity theme.....
 
The top shelf.....
 
 
 
  I added the other 2 mica coated angels that are a set of 3 to each side of the top shelf....

The other one is on a shelf next to the Hutch....

 

 
Gold trees were placed in the vintage glassware....
 
 
 
 I placed the new Nativity scene that lights up in the center....
 
 
 
 In front of it is a painted rock that says Joy, tying in with the Joy to the World written on the Nativity scene........
 
 
 

 
 
The middle shelf.....


I added a set of 3 white Carolers, that my friend Anne Marie gifted me, to this shelf....


 
Gold mercury glass ornaments were also placed in some of the glassware....


 
The bottom shelf.....


I added the white deer to this shelf....


In the center is another Nativity scene that I bought several years back in J. C. Penney's.....


In the center is a Baby Jesus that came from my parent's manger set that they used to display under their Tree....



I added some greenery and a gold bow around the necks of the deer....




I am very happy with the way the Hutch came out this year.....

 
The Hutch is lit by battery operated puck lights that we bought many years ago in Lowes ....

 
 
     
Hanging on the door handles are 2 embroidered stockings that were gifts from a friend that I added bow ornaments to...
 
 
 
 To the side of the Hutch.....


 Hanging on the window divider between the Dining Room and Living Room.........
 
 
 
Is a wreath that I made a long time ago....
 
 
 

I also made a "table"
 
 
 
 I placed one of my round cardboard "hat" boxes on top of a pedestal, covering it with a vintage table topper and a hand made pink doily......
 
 
 
 The lighted trees were bought in Big Lot's at 90 % off a few years ago..... 



The Santa was also bought in Big Lot's and is a rose gold color....


I was thrilled to find the reindeer ornament, which matches well with the Santa, last year in J.C. Penney's.....


 

 
 
 
 
I like to decorate the Chandy that Joe's Aunt Margie gave us for the different Holidays....



 
 
I added pink ornaments and gold angel wings to it...


 
 
And I wanted to share a very simple everyday tablescape.....
 

We eat here on the Dining Room table every day so I needed something functional but I still wanted some sort of centerpiece.........

I placed a wreath that I made inside a tray and placed a chandy that I painted pink in the center of it.....
 
 
 
I can easily pick it up and move it as the tray has handles...

 
 
 I placed a napkin holder and crystal Angel salt and pepper shakers on a vintage pink depression glass dish......



With the candles lit....






And this is where I will leave off for today.....

In my next post on FRIDAY, I will be finishing up my Tour of the Dining Room and will be sharing my 7 ft. pencil thin Tree and the rest of the Dining Room.....
 
 
 



So I hope you will stop by to visit again on FRIDAY!!!   
 
  Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!
 

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 

  THURSDAY
 

  
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 

5 comments:

  1. Where do you store all your decor off season? That's a lot of decor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy,
    Thanks for coming by....Here is a link to a post that i did in regards to "Setting the record straight about where do i store everything".....https://debbie-dabbleblog.blogspot.com/2023/08/new-buys-gifts-and-setting-record.html Maybe you will pick up a few tips on organization and storage...
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, I just love all the pinks! I am going back through your posts. Thinking about doing some dabbling on some Dollar Tree items myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is just so pretty, I love the pink, thanks for sharing with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm having "house work" done this month, too. Timing couldn't be worse but essential to max the rebate -- and it will get me in gear to purge and donate things as I move stuff around to make way. We've had our first snow too -- not much, but for a day or so it was pretty. (I prefer not much!)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails