I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Friday, December 1, 2023

Victorian Christmas Dining Room, Tree and More, Christmas Home Tour, 2023

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!

 I am so happy you decided to stop by my Christmas Blog!!

  Every room in our townhouse has a different Christmas Theme and Color Scheme!!
 
 I prove that you do not have to live in a large home to have several Trees, over 20, in all shapes and sizes!!

The majority of my Christmas decorations are placed in the same room every year and I know that this is not what most Decorator's care for but to me, it like seeing old friends again when I decorate each year for Christmas as many of my decorations were gifts from family and friends........... 

I do try to add a few new things and change up things a bit but for the most part, these decorations are part of my Christmas Traditions and bring back a lot of treasured memories.....

  
 I post 3 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY, WEDNESDAY and FRIDAYS!!!!
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Today, I will be finishing up the Tour of my Dining Room decorated in a pink, gold and white Victorian theme for Christmas....
 
 
In my last post, I shared how I decorated the Hutch in the Dining Room along with the chandy and a tablescape....
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 Click HERE if you missed that post!!


 I want to Thank Bev, over at Eclectic Red Barn, for choosing my post, Christmas in the Craft Room, as one of her features from the last Thursday Favorite Things Link Party!!
 
 

 Thanks so much, Bev!!

Please stop by and link up to this charming party!!!


And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 
On Wednesday, as a 25 year Season Ticket Member, Joe was selected to do the Puck Drop at the Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins game....
 
 
 
This is a copy of the professional picture taken by the Penguins photographer that I took off their Flickr site....
 

 
 These are pictures that I took......
 
 
Shaking hands with the captains of the Teams......

 
Getting fist bumps from all the players and the coach....

 
Of course, Tux, the team's mascot, had to come up and visit!!

 
And this is the ceremonial Puck that Joe got to keep!!


Yesterday, on Thursday, the roofers came!!!

 With about 15 guys!!

They worked on 6 roofs in our row of townhouses.....

Here are some pics of the chaos but all is good.....
 
 The whole front was tarped....
 
 
All my decorations were moved onto the porch!



7 guys were ripping the shingles off the back and 7 in the fronts....


 
A second dumpster delivered as 5 houses across from us will be also having their roofs done....


The only piece of plywood that had to be replaced from my roof!!


My neighbor's roofs were in worse shape than mine was!!
 

 
The shelf on that ladder is a powdered lift that was used to hoist the new plywood up!!

 
The shingles being delivered on a flat bed truck....

 
With a crane type thing that lifted them up to the roofs!!!

 
Joe was able to get out and take a few pics from the road....
 



On my roof......


They finished the main roof on all 6 houses that yesterday!!
 
What a production it was!!!
 
They will be back today to do the small back roofs ( over my Den) and clean up the mess in the front of our houses....
 
Hopefully before the rain that is predicted for this afternoon comes...
 
I will be hooking up all my lighting and re-decorating the front of the house this weekend....
 
Glad that it is almost done!!!!
 
 
Today, I will be completing my Tour of the Dining Room......

We will be starting in the corner opposite the Hutch where my 7 ft. pencil thin Tree is....
 
 
 
Joe brought the Tree up from our storage shed that we rent.....
 
I leave all the lights on it when I take it down after Valentine's Day.... 

You can see it did this before I decorated the Living Room for Christmas as it is still decorated for Fall...
 

 
I then put on a white tinsel garland....
 
 
 
 
 
 After putting on the floppy bow, needed to fit it under the soffit, and the ribbon streamers in 2 different types of ribbon, I "walk" it into the Dining Room.....
 

 
 I decorate the rest of it here in the corner.......
 
 
 
 It is decorated in pink, gold and white, like the rest of the room, and sports my collection of Victorian style ornaments in those colors....
 
 
 

 
 On the vintage window insert from a door that I use as a divider.....
 

 
 I hung a Santa sign from Michael's many years ago.....

 
 
 
And an angel....



The bow is made from a pink and gold ribbon and a pink glittered ribbon....



I have also tucked sparkly white baby's breath picks into the Tree.....
 

 
 Along with some pink sparkly floral picks....
 
 
 






At the base of the Tree.....


I bought this paper mache Santa for $5 in Salvation Army many years ago....


This is half of a tree collar that I bought last year on Clearance in Big Lot's......


I covered it with anaglypta paper.....

I bought the rocking horse for 70 % off after Christmas last year in Dollar General.....


I still want to embellish it so I am sure I will be sharing that with you after I do.... ....


Next to the Tree on a marble topped stand....


Is a Santa I bought at a church flea market....




The vintage children's cup was a gift from my friend Anne Marie.....





The wall behind the table....



The picture is from Home Interiors and titled "May I play?"



I hung angel wings from Big Lot's on the sconces.....


On the shelf are 2 gold cone shaped trees from Dollar Tree and the Princess House crystal candle sticks I got on Half Price Day from a church flea market this past Summer....


They were $2.50

I placed ornaments on top of them....

In the corner by the Kitchen.......

On the shelf on the side of the large curio is a gold Santa that I used to have up in the upstairs hall.....

The funeral basket that I decorate for the different Holidays and Seasons.....


Very simple for Christmas with white branches and a few pink branches.....


Pink glittered birds are clipped to the branches.......


On the marble topped table.......


Is my small collection of Dept. 56 Snow Babies.....

On top of the curio......




 My "Sitting" Santa was a gift from a friend....
 
 
 
 I just love his legs hanging down...
 
I placed the angel in a vintage milk glass compote bowl....

 
 The white and gold cardinal was a gift from my friend Anne Marie and I keep it out year round....
 
 I added a few ornaments and florals to the inside of the curio to "Christmas" it up a bit!!!
 
 
 
 
 

 
 A wreath I made is hung over by the faux stained glass window....
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
On the cabinet that my Dad made for me to match Joe's grandmother's Dining Room furniture......

 

This year, I moved these 2 Santa's, that I bought a few years back in Burlington, here......


The only new item that I recently bought in this post are the 2 tree candlesticks which were part of a set of 4 bought at Big Lot's.....


I placed them in the vintage hurricane candle holders....




I always fill this vintage crystal bowl with ornaments and florals.....







 I also want to share that I decided to use my chair covers on the Dining Room chairs.....
 
 
I bought these at Target a long time ago at 75% off after Christmas for $5 each.....



 
And that completes my Tour of the Dining Room decorated for Christmas this year....

I hope you enjoyed seeing it!!

I had a great time switching a few things around and doing my Hutch a bit differently!!

In my next post on MONDAY, I will be moving into the Den, starting the Tour of that room....





So I hope you will stop by to visit again on MONDAY!  
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!
 

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 
  THURSDAY
  
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 



5 comments:

  1. Go Joe!! What a fun experience. I love that he gets to keep the puck! Your pink decor is so beautiful. I think this might be one of my favorite rooms yet...and yikes, roofing is a mess, been there! Enjoy the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know the pinks are my favorite!!! The hockey game brings back memories. My parents had season ticket to the Toledo "Goaldiggers" way back in the 80's when they lived in Toledo.
    Wow- that is the way to roof. No fooling around with that crew! In and out - bring an army and get it done! I am very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is beautiful Deb. I love hockey and am so excited for you both! Thanks so much for sharing with us at this weeks Senior Salon Pit Stop. Have a wonderful Christmas

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails