I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Monday, December 4, 2023

An Olde Tyme Christmas in the Den & a Gift, Christmas Home Tour, 2023

 

 


 

 

 

 

Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!

 I am so happy you decided to stop by my Christmas Blog!!

  Every room in our townhouse has a different Christmas Theme and Color Scheme!!
 
 I prove that you do not have to live in a large home to have several Trees, over 20, in all shapes and sizes!!

The majority of my Christmas decorations are placed in the same room every year and I know that this is not what most Decorator's care for but to me, it like seeing old friends again when I decorate each year for Christmas as many of my decorations were gifts from family and friends........... 

I do try to add a few new things and change up things a bit but for the most part, these decorations are part of my Christmas Traditions and bring back a lot of treasured memories.....

  
 I post 3 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY, WEDNESDAY and FRIDAYS!!!!
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Today, I will be starting the Tour of our Den decked out for Christmas in Olde Tyme Style with a blue, burgundy and ivory color theme......
 
 
In my last post, I finished up the Tour of my Dining Room decorated in a pink, gold and white Victorian theme for Christmas....

 

 

 

 

 

Click HERE if you missed that post!!
 
 
 
 I want to Thank Allyson, over at Southern Sunflowers, for choosing my post, Mrs. Claus's Kitchen, Hutch and Tree, as one of her features from last week's Home Matters Linky Party!!
 


 Thanks so much , Allyson!!!

 
 

 
 
Thanks again, Melynda!!
 
I also want to Thank Linda, over at Life and Linda, for choosing my post, Mrs. Claus's Kitchen, Gingerbread Village and More, as one of her features from last week's Love Your Creativity Link Party!!
 
 

Thanks so much, Linda!!!
 
Please stop by and link up to these lovely parties!!!
 

And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 
The roof is done!

AMEN!

Everything in front and in back of our townhouses is cleaned up but this week they will be starting 5 townhouses across the Court from us....

And I have decorated the Front Porch and Yard for Christmas so now, I am officially done with my decorating!!!

I will be sharing it soon....
 
 
 A package was delivered yesterday and I told the Fed Ex guy that it must be a mistake as I did not order anything...
 
But it was addressed to me and when I saw the return address, I was shocked!!
 
 Lynn C. was a reader of Debbie-Dabble Blog back in 2011..
 
She wrote me such an encouraging email when I was thinking of quitting blogging.....
 
 She told me what reading my blog meant to her and it made me cry...
 
We then corresponded back and forth for a bit but we lost track of each other...
 
I do not think that I heard from her in 10 years! 
 
Until yesterday...
 
She enclosed a simple note saying that she found these at a Goodwill store and they had Debbie-Dabble written all over them....
 
And they sure did!!! 
 
A set of glass canisters......
 
 
 
 I love the toppers.....
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 I found this high end dressmakers green velvet ribbon in my stash....
 
 
 
 I tied bows made from the green velvet ribbon around the canisters after filling the bottom of them with some epsom salts and crystals and placing candles in them.....
 
 This is a natural color......
 

 
Red.....



Green....
 
 
Red and green.....

 
And here is where I put them...



 I absolutely LOVE them!!!

Thanks so much, Lynn!!
 
 

I do not have many new things for the Den.....

Just this set of ornaments that I added to the 4 1/2 foot tabletop Tree.....


And Joe bought this hand made sled from the Amish Farmer....

 
So I replaced the one I had with it as I liked the burnt finish better....
 
 
 
 The Den is decorated in a blue, burgundy and ivory color theme that I kept for Christmas....
 
This area was once part of a larger storage room but when my Dad converted the back patio into this room, I had him open it up to enlarge the room....
 

 
 To the left when you walk into the room from the Kitchen....
 
 
 
 On the wall......
 
 
 
 
 
 My sister bought me this the first Christmas after my Mom passed away and I since have replaced her picture with one of both my parents.....
 

 
A mail box I got a few years ago in Micheal's....
 

 
 On the door going into what is left of our storage room.....


A wreath I made many years ago....


And a burgundy velvet stocking down below....
 

 
 My Cynthia Hart Calendar for the month of December hanging on the door of a pantry closet that I had my Dad build for me......
 

 
 
 
 And to think this area was once a storage room....
 

 
 This is my cozy little corner where I watch TV when Joe is watching his Hockey Games....
 

 
 
 
 I made the swag for this room as well as every room in the house....
 
 
 
 On Home Interiors shelves....
 
 
 
Is where I display some of my Santa Collection that have the darker burgundy like red color which I think are perfect for this room.....
 

 
 This year, I decided to leave out my globe bookends....

I moved my "Twas the Night Before Christmas" display over here this year.....
 
 
 

 
A book box with "Twas the Night Before Christmas" written on it and a mouse holding a sign that says "Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse"
 
 
 
  Another Santa on another shelf.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 I recently discovered that You Tube has screen savers for TV's to hide that big ugly black box!!!!
 
The top of a reproduction Ice Box that is solid oak that I bought at an estate sale for only $15........
 

 
 I have my remotes for the Roku, etc. in a Santa mug...

 
 
In the corner, you can see how my Dad disguised the electrical box and the now extinct phone box.....


Our next project will be replacing the now illegal Federal Pacific Electrical box but that will be after the Holidays....

I bought those plates on Ebay many years ago......

 
 Right next to my chair is an end table that Joe bought at a church Flea Market for only $6 and I refinished it....
 

 
 This table is set up in more of a Winter Woodland theme....
 
 
 
  I made the tree out of wood ice cream spoons..... .  
 

 
And bought the Santa and snowman at Burlington one year for half price....
 
 
 
 
 
 I also added more snowmen....


The bottle brush tree is placed in a vintage glass candy dish that I took the top off.... 


 
  
 
 NEW this year is this fluffy and warm Christmas Throw that Joe bought at Big Lot's for 50 % off!!
 

 
 Since this room had to be insulated when it was first converted from a patio into another room of the house, it is a bit cooler out here than the rest of the house so this throw is perfect for me to use when watching TV in the evenings here....
 

 
 This is where I put the burnt wood sled that Joe bought from the Amish Farmer....

It matches the wood basket I have on the side of the chair that was also bought from the Amish Farmer....

 
I made a bow to match the decor in the Den for the sled...
 
 
 
I hung a sign on it that I took off this piece that Joe bought on Clearance for 90% off last year...



I think it looks good with the new throw!!!



Above my chair....



 
 More Santa's on a large long shelf.....
 
 
 
 I placed the vintage bottle brush trees inside of a blue transferware creamer and sugar bowl this year....



I also replaced the picture that normally hangs here with a Thomas Kinkade calendar picture that I framed....


 
 New this year is the display on this shelf....
 
The lantern mimics the one in the picture, the sledding figurine came from Hallmark and was a gift from a friend, as was the tree that I placed in a vintage candle holder...

 
I hung vintage looking girl ornaments on the sconces....



 Christmas pillows on the chair.....
 

 
 
 
 To the right of the chair is the back door....
 
 
 
 This year, I hung this garland bought a few years ago in Big Lot's on the valance with a vintage looking angel.....
 
 
 
 
 
 Hanging on the bottom of the door is a small wreath I made.....
 
 
 
 To the right of the door.....
 
 
 
 My Thomas Kinkade 4 Seasons Clock.....
 

 
 On a shelf below it....
 
 
 
 I simply taped Thomas Kinkade Christmas cards to my Americana wood blocks.....



The 4 1/2 foot table top Tree.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 It is decorated with mostly Victorian style ornaments in blue, burgundy, gold and ivory.....
 


I have 2 different types of garland on this Tree....



In Victorian fashion, the Tree is topped with burgundy feathers, ostrich fathers and a bow made from burgundy velvet ribbon that is gold backed.....


See the new blue ball ornaments I bought recently.....


I also tucked burgundy velvet roses into the Tree.....



And added gold candle ornaments in true Victorian fashion!!!




Did you know that you can "trim" your trees to make them slimmer?????


This Tree was too wide for this table so with wire cutters, I cut off about 1 to 1 1/2 inches from the bottom branches to make this Tree a bit slimmer.....


Joe bought this blue velvet like tree skirt in Big Lot's one year at 90% off!!!!

It was a little over a Buck!!


I did not want to hide those beautiful gold snowflakes so I simply put 3 house ornaments around the bottom....



In front is a vintage manger just like the one I had under the Tree in my bedroom when I was a child!!!




On the side of the Tree on a burgundy velvet like ottoman that I bought a very long time ago in Target......


The Santa is one of 4 that I have from Sam's Club made by Grandeur Noel which is no longer in business......


The deer came from Big Lot's several years ago and the Santa head was a gift from a reader of my blogs....


Looking towards the computer armoire....
 

 
  I hung angels dressed in burgundy garb on the curtain rods....



Between the windows are 2 Home Interiors Shelves....



On which I display my Christmas Carol figurines bought probably over 30 years ago when my boys were young in Boscov's!!!!



I bought the sign in Big Lot's a few years ago....




I just love these figures....


And this is where I will leave off for today.....

On WEDNESDAY, I will be sharing the rest of the Den decorated for Christmas including my Thomas Kinkade village.....

 
The china cupboard....


 
And 2 more Trees.....



So I hope you will stop by to visit again on WEDNESDAY as I continue the Tour of the Den.....  
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!
 

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
  THURSDAY
 
  
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 




7 comments:

  1. I am so happy you like the canister set. I just knew you had to have it when I saw it. I would have never thought to turn them into luminaries. You are genius! Something that you aren`t aware of is this: I have followed your Blog religiously since 2011. I don`t think I have ever missed a single blog post. You have inspired me for well over a decade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn,
      Just like you did over a decade ago, your kind words and extreme thoughtfulness has again touched my heart and soul....I am so deeply honored and humbles that you have continued to follow me and that I have inspired you...As I told you over a decade ago, it is because of people like you that I keep sharing my life and my home on my blogs...Just when I start to tire of blogging, someone like you comes along and encourages me to continue and to let me know that there are people out there who actually like seeing what I am doing!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH for your generosity and your thoughtfulness, my friend!!! Please keep in touch!!! I LOVE the canisters and you were so right that they had Debbie-Dabble written all over them!!!!
      Love and Hugs to you,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. Lynn - What a perfect gift! You were right - the cannisters just SCREAM Debbie Dabble!!!! So pretty and the ribbon and candles just make them that much better!
    Debbie - such a cozy room. It just makes me want to curl up in that blanket and enjoy a cozy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is much to love here, Debbie, but that piece that your sister gave you after your mom died really hit me. It's wonderful. I can see why this is your cozy room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That gift from Lynn is just perfect; how sweet of her to have thought of you. The house is looking just lovely. That sled looks like it was made to go in your den. Are you relieved to be all done decorating?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Christmas joy you share with us all! This post is one of my features for WTJR 12.15.2023. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous surprise from Lynn! I love how the green ribbon dresses up the already beautiful canister set. You found the perfect spot for them! Thank you for sharing at You're the Star Blog Hop. Merry Christmas! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails