I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Friday, December 8, 2023

Olde Tyme Christmas in the Den, Thomas Kinkade Tree & More Plus a Haul, Christmas Home Tour, 2023



 

 

 

 Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!

 I am so happy you decided to stop by my Christmas Blog!!

  Every room in our townhouse has a different Christmas Theme and Color Scheme!!
 
 I prove that you do not have to live in a large home to have several Trees, over 20, in all shapes and sizes!!

The majority of my Christmas decorations are placed in the same room every year and I know that this is not what most Decorator's care for but to me, it like seeing old friends again when I decorate each year for Christmas as many of my decorations were gifts from family and friends........... 

I do try to add a few new things and change up things a bit but for the most part, these decorations are part of my Christmas Traditions and bring back a lot of treasured memories.....

  
 I post 3 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY, WEDNESDAY and FRIDAYS!!!!
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Today, I will be finishing up my Tour of the Den decorated for Christmas in a blue, burgundy and ivory color theme....
 
 In my last post, I shared my Thomas Kinkade Village.....

 A Victorian style feather Tree decorated with ornaments depicting children from the 1940's and 50's....


 
And the top and inside of my China Cupboard...
 
 


Click HERE if you missed that post!!
 

I would like to Thank Barb, over at French Ethereal, for choosing my post, Mrs. Claus's Kitchen, Gingerbread Village and More,  as one of her features from last week's Share Your Style Link Party!!!
 

 

Thanks so much, Barb!!!

Please stop by and link up to this charming party!!!
 

And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 

Yesterday, December 7th, was my baby boy Jim's 40th Birthday!!!

 
Where does the time go???

 
He married the Love of his Life, Danielle, in a simple ceremony because they did not want anyone "to spend any money on them"....

 
He became a Dad to 2 fur babies....

 
And is now anxiously awaiting the birth of his twin daughters....

 
These 2 are going to be fantastic parents!!!!!


Happy Birthday, Jim!!

Love you much!!!


Last Friday, Big Lot's "Black Friday" Sale was 50% off all Food Gift Sets....

I sent Joe down to pick up a few for my Beverage Bar...


 Joe got carried away....
 
 

I have been using these in my cooking already....



 
These are quite yummy!!!
 

 
 I put this away for my Winter Beverage Bar...


 
 
 This one is also  put away for Winter....
 

 
 
 
 I will be drinking these all Winter....
 
 
 
Along with these....


50% off plus a $10 off $40 coupon......

All of these cost $30!




Today, I am finishing up the Tour of my Den, starting where I left off at the china cupboard....


I like to decorate around the bottom of it on the vintage suitcases that I stacked....


On the left side on top of a small table....
 

A burgundy feather tree that I placed on top of a drum planter.....


I strung a small set of fairy lights around it.....


A few figurines....


Under the table are 2 Bearington Bears that I normally display in the Living Room but I decided to bring them out here in the Den this year.....


They were a gift from a friend.....


On the vintage suitcases, one of which was my Mother's....



I let the village that I set up inside the china cupboard, sort of spill out onto these suitcases....




On the right side, on a pedestal.....



Recognize the sign that I bought for a Buck at Dollar General????









On the side of the china cupboard......



A Santa Head in Burgundy...


And another Sam's Club Santa made by Grandeur Noel.....
 
 
I love the detail that they put into their Santa's....


In the corner is a 4 1/2 foot Pathway Tree that I decorate with my Thomas Kinkade ornaments.....


 
This is the 3rd decorated Tree in this room....


I topped it with this burgundy Santa....


A Thomas Kinkade Christmas plate hangs on the wall behind it....


 

I tucked some cotton picks into the Tree....



And clipped on a few iridescent glass candle ornaments....



 
I placed the Tree inside of a vintage blue enamel pot....



And that completes my Tour of the Den decorated for Christmas....


After I finish my Room by Room tours, I will share Nelson Crest, my Victorian Doll House, with you....

I am excited to finally be sharing how I decorated the front of our house including the Front Porch this year for Christmas on MONDAY....
 


 Yes!!!
 
We were lucky enough to get a dusting of snow so I could take some pics of the decorations with snow!!!

I changed up some things, added a few new things and changed up some of the lighting for the first time in years but I will be saving the evening pictures for my Annual whole house Christmas Home Tour....

I will also start to share my Living Room next week so there is plenty more to see.....

 I hope you will stop by to visit again on MONDAY as I continue my Christmas Home Tour......  
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!
 

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 
  THURSDAY
  
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 




5 comments:

  1. Congrats to Jim and Danielle, and to you and Joe for becoming grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely!!! I am sure you are all excited to be entering the countdown to the twins. Good luck to all. Our twinkies turn 14 this February and it seems like yesterday. I think it was because we went so long without sleep. (all worth it).

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, a happy birthday to your son! And oh, that porch entry to your home is so festive with the snow and your red. I love it! A happy vintage Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have much to "Be Merry" about! Merry Christmas to you all, and thanks for sharing with us at SSPS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your old time Christmas in your den Debbie.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails