I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Friday, December 22, 2023

Christmas at Nelson Crest, Christmas Home Tour, 2023

 

 




 Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!

 I am so happy you decided to stop by my Christmas Blog!!

  Every room in our townhouse has a different Christmas Theme and Color Scheme!!
 
 I prove that you do not have to live in a large home to have several Trees, over 20, in all shapes and sizes!!

The majority of my Christmas decorations are placed in the same room every year and I know that this is not what most Decorator's care for but to me, it like seeing old friends again when I decorate each year for Christmas as many of my decorations were gifts from family and friends........... 

I do try to add a few new things and change up things a bit but for the most part, these decorations are part of my Christmas Traditions and bring back a lot of treasured memories.....

  
 I post 3 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY, WEDNESDAY and FRIDAYS!!!!
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 ALL POSTS IN MY ROOM BY ROOM CHRISTMAS HOME TOUR SERIES ARE NOW FEATURED OVER ON MY RIGHT SIDE BAR!!
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 Today, I will be sharing my other house all decked out for Christmas....

Nelson Crest, my Victorian Doll House....
 
 
In my last post, I shared how I decorated my downstairs Powder Room for Christmas.....



 

 

 

 And the hallway from the Living Room to the Kitchen......


Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 

And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 

I did do a bit of shopping last weekend....

Since I shared all the cookies that I baked, I needed tins to give them to friends, family and neighbors.....

I happened to stumble upon a BOGO for 50% off sale....

The large 3 ones will be used to give cookies and fudge to my sons and DIL like I do every year....

The other ones with the nice clear window on top of them are for friends, neighbors and other family members....

 I think I have seen these cookie spatulas in every single You Tube Kitchen video that I have watched....


So cute for a Buck a piece!!

These ornaments were BOGO Free!!!

 
 
I may embellish these Snowman heads a bit and will be using them for Winter....

 
Maybe a few red berries.....


 
I can always use small bottle brush trees like these...

 
I grabbed these cute snow man measuring spoons in Big Lot's before they were all gone....


Also in Big Lot's, I picked up 2 stands of this pretty garland that I will put away to use next year.....
 


 25% off took it down to a little over $8 a piece and we used a $5 off $15 coupon....
 
Perfect for the Winter....

I picked up this cute tree and wonderful pine scented candle in Gabes....



Also in Gabes, I bought this for a mere $3.99....



I have no intention of using this for selfies or vlogging but I hope that maybe I could use it for extra lighting when taking pictures....

I like that it has 3 different types of lighting.....

White Light, White with Warm Light and Warm Light....

It also has a dimming switch too....

If anything, I can use it for extra lighting for crafting....

 
I filled up all those cookie tins I bought as gifts for friends, neighbors and family.....
 

  
 

 
I think the ones with the window on top really looked festive with the addition of red and green M&M candies to the cookies and fudge inside of them....
 

We continued our 22 year Tradition of seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra in Concert at Christmas time!!!
 

If you have never gone to one of their Christmas Concerts, you are so missing out on an amazing experience...
 
 
 
My favorite is always Christmas Canon Rock....

Click HERE to see a video of this Season's concert Finale with their signature song "Carol of the Bells"!!!!!

NEW this year was their performance of Queen of the Winter Night with the opera Singer inside a huge Snow Globe that rose above the back of the Arena!!!!!

Click HERE to see that!!!



I had a lot of fun decorating Nelson Crest for Christmas this year....


I gave it a good cleaning first.....

We will start on the left, on the side of the house....



I used a lot of Lemax Village accessories for the outside decorations.....





Wreath were hung on all the windows....


Last year, I added stars to the center of the wreaths on the windows....


Boughs of greenery are on all the window sills....


With a star in the center of them......



 
The balcony outside the Master Bedroom....


A garland around the door....


With a cherub on top....


Toy soldiers on the railing....
 
 



The left side of the front yard....


A sled full of presents....


The light up white trees are from Dollar Tree.....




The front porch....


A Santa head hanging from the balcony....


Milk and eggs were just delivered from the Dairy.....
 

 A broom and snow shovel are ready to clear the sidewalks for guests if there is snow....
 
 
 
 A pair of toy wooden soldiers stand guard on the steps.....



The right side of the front yard....
 

A sled with a snowman on it....
 
 







Now that you saw how the outside is decorated, let's take a look inside.....




Let me give you a bit of history.....

I used to dream of having a Victorian Doll House as a child and I finally was gifted one at the age of 50!

Joe bought the kit for my Birthday and I actually thought I could build it myself until I realized that I would be dead by the time it took for me to build and finish it...

I stumbled upon finding out that a former patient of mine who was also a fellow parishioner in our church, built doll houses!!

He had donated one he built to be raffled off for our church Summer Festival...

So I asked if he would build mine for me and he said yes!!


Other than the cost of materials, he never charged anything for the 30+ doll houses he built!
 
Roy Nelson was 88 years old when he built my doll house even though he had been just diagnosed with lung cancer.....
 
Now you know why I chose the name Nelson Crest and the family that lives here are the Nelson's......
 
If you would like to learn more about how he made this little girl's dream come true, please click HERE!

I opted to have more room in the rooms of the doll house so I asked Roy not to put in the steps.....

 
The First Floor...


The Dining Room.....




Yes, there is a Tree in each room......


 
The table is set for guests.....



A nativity set on top of the Hutch....


 

 
 

 
And Tea is ready to be served after Dinner.....
 

 
 
The Parlor




 
Mr. Nelson is sitting , reading the newspaper, after a long day at work.....



 
 

 
The Tree in this room actually does light up.......


 
 
 



The Second Floor......


Rose Nelson's Bedroom.....


I chose a little girl's bedroom as I am a Mom of 2 boys!!

 
 It is done in purple because that was the color I chose for my childhood bedroom.....



 
 
 Also a Tree in this room.... 

 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
Master Bedroom
 

It is done in blue and pink, similar to my own bedroom.....




Victoria Nelson is taking a break with a cup of Tea after wrapping a few Christmas gifts....


I made the Tree in this room.....






The Third Floor



The Bathroom


Even a small Tree in the bathroom, just like I have .....




The Music Room.....



   
 
There is a small Tree on the table......
 

 



 
There is also another Tree in the tower area....
 
The roof on the tower comes off....
 
 
 
And there is the Tree I made down in the tower room....


You can see it through the window.....

 
Along with the Master Bedroom Tree....

 
And the Tree in Rose's room....


Now as I have said many times before....

This is my Dream House .....

And there is no Kitchen in it!!!

That is because I truly hate to cook and bake and would prefer to just have to decorate my Kitchen!!!

I hope you enjoyed seeing Nelson Crest in all her Christmas Finery!!!



I look forward to the days when my Twin Grand daughters will be able to play with it!!!!

And this completes my Room by Room Tour of our townhouse decorated both inside and out for Christmas!!!
 
 
 I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas Weekend....
 
 
 And a Happy Christmas Eve!!!


I will be hosting Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Dinner for our family of 5 like I have for the past 25+ years but I will be doing a Debbie Door Dash Delivery of both dinners to my son Jim and DIL Danielle as she is STILL working, will be coming off a 5 day stretch at Target doing stock ( light duty) and will be exhausted as she is now over 36 weeks pregnant with our Twin Grand Daughters....

When not working, she needs to rest as much as possible so she does not go into labor prior to the selected target dates of when it is medically advisable for the babies to be born....

So it will be a quiet Christmas this year as it will be just 3 of us here....

In my next post on  MONDAY,  CHRISTMAS DAY, I will be sharing our entire townhouse, both inside and outside, decorated for Christmas.....

I will also be sharing a few changes I made to decor, a tablescape or 2 and I will be revealing just how many Trees I have this year that are decorated and how long it took me to decorate every room....

Also coming up next week is my good friend Anne Marie's Christmas Home Tour!!!!


So I hope you will stop by to visit again on MONDAY!!!!   

AND...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!
 

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 
  THURSDAY

  
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 

5 comments:

  1. Nelson Crest looks great! Merry Christmas to you and yours from our house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love all the little touches that make Nelson Crest so spectacular at Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Nelson Crest, now you have a beautifully decorated doll house inside your beautifully decorated home. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, that is the Victorian house that I have always wanted. So much love goes into everything you do. Someday, I would love to be a fly in your pocket when you go shopping..Merry Christmas to you and yours..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails