I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Monday, December 11, 2023

Christmas Front Porch and Yard, Christmas Home Tour, 2023

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!

 I am so happy you decided to stop by my Christmas Blog!!

  Every room in our townhouse has a different Christmas Theme and Color Scheme!!
 
 I prove that you do not have to live in a large home to have several Trees, over 20, in all shapes and sizes!!

The majority of my Christmas decorations are placed in the same room every year and I know that this is not what most Decorator's care for but to me, it like seeing old friends again when I decorate each year for Christmas as many of my decorations were gifts from family and friends........... 

I do try to add a few new things and change up things a bit but for the most part, these decorations are part of my Christmas Traditions and bring back a lot of treasured memories.....

  
 I post 3 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY, WEDNESDAY and FRIDAYS!!!!
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
Today, I am quite happy to say that I will finally be sharing how I decorated the outside of our house this year for Christmas!!!
 
In my last post, I shared the final part of my Tour of the Den decorated in Victorian style in a blue, burgundy and ivory color theme.....



 

 Along with my Thomas Kinkade Tree.....

Click HERE if you missed that post!!
 
 
I want to Thank Andrea, over at The Cottage Market, for choosing my post, Victorian Christmas Dining Room, Hutch, as one of her features from last week's A Morning Cup of Joe link party!
 


Thanks so much, Andrea!!

Please stop by and link up to this charming party!!



I am so excited to finally be able to show you how I decorated the front of our house this year for Christmas....

The first thing I do right after Halloween is over is to usually decorate the front of the house but this year, I had to wait until we had our new roof put on....

I was able to decorate the outside of the house last Saturday as they finished 6 roofs on our row of townhouses on Friday....

So glad that I finally have a new roof on so I do not have to worry about any leaks...
 
I like to go and cut greenery from the trees on the side of our road to fill my pots out in front for the Winter....

 I used 4 different types along with some faux greenery.....
 





As in my past posts, I want to share where I put some of the new things that I bought this year for Christmas that I used out in the front of the house....



There are a few more new things that I will show you when we get to them that I did not post about before ......

I was thrilled that we actually had some snow on 2 different days that left a nice dusting .....

This is what the front of our townhouse looks like from the parking lot....


Yes, it is snowing...



As I walk up the steps from our parking lot to the sidewalk that runs in front of our row of 10 townhouses....




Snow makes everything look so much prettier!!





The front porch.....



New this year is this set of 3 lighted candy canes that I bought on Clearance last year after Christmas in Ocean State Job Lot for only $4 each!



I placed them in a pot...

 
 I moved the post over here this year and hung a metal stocking from it....
 

 
 
 
 I also moved the wood reindeer that my son Joey made for me when he was in Cub Scouts over to this side of the front porch this year........
 

 
 I hung my SNOW sign between mine and my neighbors front doors....


And filled this pot with greenery, both real and faux, on top of the red milk can but this year, I placed one of my garden angels inside the pot!!!



I have hung this garland around the front door and on the railing for many years.....


Last year, I changed out the bows from ones I made out of a Christmas plaid ribbon.....


Snow flakes were added to the garland.....


I made this wreath last year....


And this year, I added the sign and 2 reindeer from Dollar General which were $1 each!!



 
I painted a star bought from the Amish Farmer white and added a small wreath to it last year and hung it in the center of the house....


To the right of the front door....


I hung this wood sleigh that my son Jim made for me when he was in Cub Scouts....


New this year, I moved the snow man over here by the front door and placed another set of those lighted candy canes behind him....


The vintage mail box was also hung by the snow man and a Christmas gnome is on the ground below.......
 

Underneath the porch light, which I added a bow to, is my childhood sled that has graced my front porch for over 40 years now during the Winter...



I bought the "Welcome to the Warming House" sign many years ago at Target.....


This year, I decided to leave one of the chairs out for the Winter months....


My snow man sign hangs above the chair...


I painted this old star that I had red in the center and attached a bow made from Christmas plaid ribbon to it....


Since this chair is not protected from the elements, I threw an old red scarf that I had over the back of the chair instead of using a nice throw.......


This was my inspiration for what I decided to use to decorate this chair...


I saw this picture on Pinterest about 2-3 years ago and loved it...
 
I do have my Dad's vintage wooden measuring tape......somewhere.....
 
When I do locate it, I hope to create a star out of it like in the inspiration picture....
 
I think I have it up in my craft room....

This red tool box was one of my Dad's....
 
I just added a few things that I had in my stash and placed the star on top of the open lid....


The candle is battery operated....
 
 

I really like the way it looks...


In the corner of the porch.....


Don't mind the broom handles that you see but I do not have any other place to put them and soon snow shovel handles will be joining them........


I want to direct your attention to the window.....
 
Last year, I made new wreaths for the windows and since they were smaller than the ones I had there for many years, I added boughs of greenery to the window sills.....
 

 
 This year, for some reason, there has been more pine cones on the trees in the neighborhood than I ever recall seeing before!!!

 
I picked tons of them and then baked them to kill any critters and get the sap off of them....

 
I added some of them to the wreaths and also to the greenery on the window sills in the front of the house.....

 
I also added a few of the long ones to some of the greenery you have already seen...
 
I decorated the tree in the corner that graces our porch year round ....
 
 

I topped it with a bow and another sign from Dollar General for $1....


I also added ornaments I bought a few years ago in Big Lot's to it.....

I moved the lighthouse that I made over here this year.....


I placed a black urn filled with both faux and real greenery here by the railing....


I hung bells on a small wrought iron trellis behind it and placed a Dollar Tree candy cane inside of it....



Looks so much better with a bit of snow...




I hung garland on the railing along with snow flakes from Dollar Tree.....


A "Happy Holidays" sign and "Welcome" sign hangs in the center.....




 
 


On the side of the porch is a mailbox that we keep some garden tools inside of.........


Looking toward the flower bed under the Living Room window....




First let me show you it without the snow.....


I filled up 2 pots with both faux and real greenery and birch branches that I bought at Target several years ago....


A set of net lights is draped across the shrubs.....


I left my Chippy Angel where it was only I elevated it on a pot and added 2 new metal yard signs from Dollar General in front of it.....


I also filled the pots on the small retaining wall to the side with greenery from the side of our road.....


And now with the snow....







The flower bed that runs along the sidewalk on top of our slope.....



At this end, another pot of greenery......


The Dollar Tree candy canes are battery operated but can only be turned on at the bottom which is sort of dumb.....


The Santa is a solar light from Dollar Tree.....

Snow pretty.....




I left the deer down on this side of the flower bed after the roofers actually placed them here when they put everything back after moving everything when they tarped the front of our house.....


I added greenery and red velvet bows to their necks....




I placed Dollar Tree light bulb solar lights in the pipes I use to elevate the solar lanterns I have out front in the Summer....


I like the pop of color that they add even during the day....
 
Greenery in the red vintage watering can....

My park bench......



A velvet bow on the lantern with an angel and owl on the sides of it....

 
The Grandpa and Grandma garden stones I bought for 90% off at Big Lot's at the end of the Summer...

 
More of those long pine cones placed in and around the greenery....


I did not wrap greenery around the lamp post this year but instead just added another Dollar Tree snowflake.....


 
 


A red lantern and a large red jingle bell hang on the hooks on each side of the park bench......



 
 
The metal Santa sign I bought at Ollie's.....

 
 
 
 My new Santa mini flag, also from Ollie's....
 

 
 And another pot at this end.....
 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 



I was so happy that I was able to get some pictures of the front of our house with a little bit of Snow this year.....

 
We hardly had any snow last year so I had to jump on the chance to get Snow pictures....





I enjoyed changing some things up a bit this year.....
 
 I will be sharing a Tour of my entire house decorated for Christmas in the future and I will be including how I also changed some of the lighting in the front.....
 
Sneak Peek!
 



 But I still have more to share inside the house....
 
And with that being said, in my next post on WEDNESDAY, I will be starting my Tour of our Living Room decorated for a very Traditional Christmas in red and green.....





So I hope you will stop by to visit again on  WEDNESDAY!!!! 
 
  Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!
 

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
  THURSDAY
 
  
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 


6 comments:

  1. Debbie, everything is lovely! Your front door and banisters are a beautiful greeting to all who visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it felt good to finally be able to go out front and get your decorations up! But even better, no more fear of leaks from the roof. Whew! Glad that project is over. You have so many pretty things! I wish I lived across from you so I could enjoy it all! Keeping your grandchildren in my prayers. Hope they stay comfy where they are a few more weeks. Can't wait until the news of their arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bright and beautiful, as always! Blessings, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always decorate so beautifully! Thank you for the tip about baking pine cones. I have an idea for January wreaths with pine cones. Now I won't be worried about uninvited guests! ;-) Marci @ Old Rock Farmhouse

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to see your beautiful Christmas porch! I’ll be featuring you on Happiness Is Homemade 511! Merry Christmas, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails