I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

A Traditional Christmas in the Living Room, Entry and Vintage Tree, Christmas Home Tour, 2023







 

 Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!

 I am so happy you decided to stop by my Christmas Blog!!

  Every room in our townhouse has a different Christmas Theme and Color Scheme!!
 
 I prove that you do not have to live in a large home to have several Trees, over 20, in all shapes and sizes!!

The majority of my Christmas decorations are placed in the same room every year and I know that this is not what most Decorator's care for but to me, it like seeing old friends again when I decorate each year for Christmas as many of my decorations were gifts from family and friends........... 

I do try to add a few new things and change up things a bit but for the most part, these decorations are part of my Christmas Traditions and bring back a lot of treasured memories.....

  
 I post 3 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY, WEDNESDAY and FRIDAYS!!!!
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, I am starting my Tour of our Living Room decorated for Christmas in a Traditional red, gold and green color theme.....
 
 
In my last post, I shared how I decorated our Front Porch along with the front of our house for Christmas!!

 

 

 

 

 Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 

And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 
I thought I would give you all a good laugh...

As a Season Ticket holder for the Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins games that are played at the Arena 5 minutes from our house, Joe receives "Freebies" at games through the Season....

This was one of them!!

A Snuggie throw blanket!!!

Can I tell you how much I laughed as he tried to first put in on backwards with the opening in the front!!

Then when he finally got it right , resembling a Hockey Monk!!!



Then we thought we would give our son Joey a good laugh....



Look at Joey's face as he tries to figure out what the heck this is!!!


Truth be told, I will be the one using it as I watch TV in the evenings.....

We do have 2 of them, each for our Season Ticket seats.....

LMAO!
 

As in past post, these are some of the items that I recently bought and used in the Living Room that you will see in this post, answering the frequent question of "Where are you going to put that"?






I will be doing my Tour of the Living room in 3 different posts.....

Today, we will start at the front door....


I hung a Santa Sign on he pediment above the door....


I hung a stocking on the curtain rod on the door...



I love all versions of Miracle on 34th Street and I love placing a cane in the corner by the door like at the end of the 1973 version....



Joe's paternal Great Grandmother's Hutch.....



On the side of the Hutch....


A Christmas bell on a shelf....


Beneath it, next to the Hutch in a brass can that I have had for over 40 years.....


There is a set of battery operated lights that illuminate it in the evening....


On the top of the Hutch.....

The vintage Carolers were a gift from my dear friend Anne Marie......

I estimate they are from the 1940's-1950's....

One of the new bottle brush trees I bought.....

 

Gold mercury glass candle holders.....

A swag I made in the center in back....

I made the cards hanging on the garland above the antique mantel mirror with music sheet paper and Christmas ephemera......

Inside the Hutch is where I have displayed my "Praying Santa" Collection....

Top shelf.....

Since I decided not to display my 2 gold churches on top of the Hutch this year, I decided to use the larger church on this shelf......

My Collection all started with this personalized Christmas Card that I ordered over 30+ years ago....

I cut the front of the card to fit over the front of the church......

The white angels on all three shelves came in sets of 2 from Sam's Club.....

Middle shelf.......

After I ordered the Christmas cards, I found this book to read to my sons in a local Catholic Guild store.....

"Santa and the Christ Child"

I bought the figurine in a local drug store, of all places.....

On the bottom shelf.....

I framed the inside of the card.......


I found the "Praying Santa" frame and small figurine at a church flea market....



 
Jesus is the reason for the season....


The shelf on the other side of the Hutch.....


With another Christmas Bell on it....


On the left side of the stairs.....

 
The lighted picture that I bought in Big Lot's......


The colors of it really go nicely with the other pictures on my Gallery wall going up the stairs.....



Some of my Santa's and 2 lanterns are on the stairs......


I bought this one in Sam's Club......


And also this one too.....


I love the details on these and they were only $12 over 20 years ago.....



I bought this one in Target.....


I loved his green outfit......

The other lantern and an angel I made....

On the right side of the stairs.....



A swag hanging on the wall.....



I clipped a vintage Christmas card in red velvet to it....


An angel that I made




I decided to turn them into lanterns!!!


I LOVE those toppers!!!!





I placed candles that I can change the colors of inside of them!!


I LOVE the way they look here ......

Thanks again, Lynn!!



On the side of the chair that I love to decorate for every Holiday....


2 Nutcrackers....the one on the left came from The Christmas Tree Shop and the one on the right is from J.C. Penney's...

 
The area in the corner by the stairs....




The chair that I use for Seasonal displays...


I did change this up a bit this year....


I moved the Bearingtom Bears that I normally place here elsewhere....


I thought this Santa head and this Bear went nicely with the ribbon I made a bow out of....

 
She has a vintage Avon perfume ornament in her lap and is sitting on top of a vintage looking drum with a vintage hankie on top of it....


I also displayed a toy sled, rocking horse, a doll and a book on this chair....


When my Mother was in the hospital having surgery when I was about 6-7 years old, she bought this doll for me in the Gift Shop downstairs so she would have something to bring home to me when she was released from the hospital....


I have treasured it ever since....

A book I bought at a yard sale....



Underneath the chair....


I changed up how I usually do these 2 lanterns for Christmas and placed candles in them....
 

Just florals in the smaller one and a red bottle brush tree and a house in the larger one...
 

Next to the chair on a marble topped cherub planer.....


Is a 4 1/2 ft. pathway Tree that I decorate with my red, gold, white and green vintage Shiny Brite ornaments....



I have a gold and silver tinsel vintage like garland on this Tree....


The bow will match all the other bows that I used in this room including the one on the large Tree.....





 
I decorate all of this Tree as it can be seen from all angles....



New this year, I clipped all my red candle ornaments to this Tree instead of using them on swags like I did other years....


At the base of the Tree is a vintage Christmas card that belonged to my late neighbor Elly and you can see where I used one of the poinsettia place mats bought at bBg Lot's.....


I love this pop up card because it depicts a Post Office in Victorian times and Joe is a retired Letter Carrier for the U S Postal Service.....


The curio in the corner.....


Hanging on the wall is this Santa head that I bought in T J Maxx one year after Christmas for 50% off....


I was drawn to it because if you look at this picture on top of the left hand side of my first childhood home, my Dad hung a Santa head surrounded by a wreath....

 
This pretty Christmas scene hangs on the side of the curio....


I have some of my Angel Collection displayed in the curio along with my Byrd's Crystal collection so I just add a few ornaments and florals to it for Christmas....


 
See the glass Christmas ornament I bought at the church Flea Market in the Summer???



Last year, I "dabbled" a bit with this hand made wooden sled that my neighbor Trish gifted me...


I tied a green velvet ribbon to this gold angel....


And clipped another vintage card to the bottom of her....


I hope you enjoyed seeing this area of our Living Room decorated for Christmas and some of the simple changes that I made this year.....



In my next post on FRIDAY, I will be continuing the Tour of our Living Room and will be sharing my 7 ft thin Tree and the Village below it....




So I hope you will stop by to visit again on FRIDAY!!!! 
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!
 

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 

  THURSDAY
 
 
  
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 




 

6 comments:

  1. Deb, I always love your posts, and your decor, but it's special attention to detail that always gets me! I just love the cane, and it's movie reference...and that doll your mom gave you is the sweetest. However, today, Joe wins!! I love that he posed for you in the blanket. That's awesome!! What a fun guy you have!! Merry Christmas!! Ps- love the porch decor, too! Santa Stop Here is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ability to remember where you got something and how much you paid for it 20, 30, 40 years ago blows my mind. I do well to remember where I got something six months ago. LOL Everything looks beautiful, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn,
      For some reason, I will always remember a good buy even though at times, I forget what I did yesterday!! LOL! Thanks so much for stopping by!! I hope all is well with you, my friend!!
      Hugs
      Deb

      Delete
  3. The story of your mom and the little doll is precious. What a sweet momento. I love all the history in the decorations you shared today. And the blanket is the bomb! Love those photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you love the Victorian era Debbie, the photos of the outside of your home for Christmas definitively give off that vibe. The grand porch pillars remind me of the south. You have so many beautiful decorations. I fell in love with the Father Christmas book, the graphics are perfect. You always have so many wonderful stories to tell about your collections. We have an old Santa head that I like to put out in our entryway too. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie, your Christmas decorations are beautiful! And I love your husbands outfit, it made me chuckle. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
    Visiting today from Weekend Traffic Jam Reboot.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails