I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Friday, November 10, 2023

Christmas in my Craft Room, Christmas Home Tour, 2023




 

 

 

 Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!

 I am so happy you decided to stop by my Christmas Blog!!

  Every room in our townhouse has a different Christmas Theme and Color Scheme!!
 
 I prove that you do not have to live in a large home to have several Trees, over 20, in all shapes and sizes!!

The majority of my Christmas decorations are placed in the same room every year and I know that this is not what most Decorator's care for but to me, it like seeing old friends again when I decorate each year for Christmas as many of my decorations were gifts from family and friends........... 

I do try to add a few new things and change up things a bit but for the most part, these decorations are part of my Christmas Traditions and bring back a lot of treasured memories.....

 
 I post 3 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY, WEDNESDAY and FRIDAYS!!!!
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
 Today, I will be sharing how I decorate my Craft Room in a sage green and pink color theme for Christmas!!!
 
 
In my last post, I shared how I decorate the upstairs Bathroom for Christmas and another Christmas Haul with a bit of crafting!!


 

 

 


 

Click HERE if you missed that post!!
 
 
I want to Thank Cecilia, over at My Thrift Store Addiction, for choosing my post, Late October This and That, as one of her features from last week's Vintage Charm link Party!
 
 
 

 Thanks so much, Cecilia!!

 
I also want to Thank Barb, over at French Ethereal, for choosing my post, Joe's Trip to Pittsburgh & Flight 93 Memorial , as one of her features from last week's Share Your Style Linky Party....
 


Thanks again, Barb!!

Please stop by and link up to these lovely parties!!!
 
 
I am going to get right into the Tour of my Craft Room so get comfy and have a seat and grab your favorite drink....

Again, I will start at the door and a wreath that I made......


The pink and white poinsettias match the ones that you will see that I tucked into the 6 ft. Tree in this room....


I also added a Santa head in the center.....

Hanging from the bottom of the wreath is an Avon calendar that I bought when my sons were young.....

 
I embellished it with fabric paint a very long time ago.....


My sons used to take turns moving the mouse each day.....
 

Now I move the mouse......

Hanging on the closet door is a chalkboard with my favorite quote written on it.........


Next to the closet is a shelf unit.......

 
I hung this cute stocking from the top of it......


On top of a pink vintage hamper, where I store fabric......
 

Is an Angel I made.....

On top of the shelf unit.....




You can see I decorated in a pink and green color scheme.....
 

I bought this house in Joann's.....


The pink Angel/Fairy was bought at our church Craft Fair a few years ago from a vendor who owns a florist business and does ceramics.....


The sweet figurines with the bunny and deer were gifted to me by my friend Anne Marie.....

 
This year is I used this small Tree here .....


You will see later on in this post where I put the other Tree that I used to display here....



 
 
In the evening with the lamp on....


 
 
 



My work table is below the window.....


I strung a swag light that I bought at an estate sale through a chandy that I took the wiring out of......


I placed this angel here instead of using it as a Tree Topper this year...

 
I love the way it looks when the sun is shining in the window....


I keep a Tree up in this room year round.....

In the Summer, I decorated this 6 ft. thin Tree, that I bought at a yard sale for $5, in a "Sweet Treat" theme.....

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 I stripped it down to the lights and removed the silk rose light covers that I used in the Summer....
 
 

I left the garlands on the Tree before re-decorating it for Christmas......

 

New on this Tree this year is this new tree Topper......


Last year, I bought this topper at 75% off, only $3.25.....


I painted the red metal bow pink.....


And hung 2 green snowflake ornaments from it......


I made the bow topper for this Tree out of pink and white striped ribbon....


The ribbon streamers are actually a thin ribbon that is not wired but used for sewing that I bought at a yard sale....
 
 At the top of the Tree is a pink Santa head....
 



You can see the pink and white striped poinsettias from Dollar Tree that I tucked into the Tree....

 
I also added some of my Special ornaments.... 

 These picture frame tea pot ornaments, that I bought on EBay years ago, always grace this Tree...


 My Dad and Joey, my oldest son...

 

 The last picture taken of my Mom before she passed away...

 

 And My Dad with Jimmy, my youngest son....

 

Here they are on the Tree.....
 
 
 
 
 
This little angel, made from vintage angel hair, was mine as a child and once hung on my parent's Tree....
  


 
 This spider ornament also graces this Tree year round....

It was gifted to me by my friend Anne Marie.... 
 

 
 

I just love it!!! 

The rest of the ornaments are mostly Victorian in style.....
 
 
 
 
 
 



 



At the bottom of the Tree.....


 An Ice Skate planter bought at the Christmas Tree Shop filled with the same pink and white striped poinstettias from Dollar Tree.....

And a pair of friends sit on this bench year round!!

I made the tree skirt.......

 To the side of the Tree hanging on the wall.....


Is a wreath I made 2 years ago......

 
 This wreath pays homage to my Dad, who started to do crafts after his construction accident to keep busy......

He made this wreath, using thread spools that my Mother would bring home from the Sewing Factory where she worked full time....

 
 
 
 I covered the cones with music sheet paper for my wreath.... 
 

 
 
 

Above Joe's Grandmother's antique Singer sewing machine...... 

 
  On a shelf.... 


 One of my Thomas Kinkade Pink Lady figurines that I move up here when I decorate for Halloween in the Dining Room......
 

 
Also on the shelf is a pink angel carrying a gift.... 



 
 
 
 I have pink wax light bulbs in the candles....
 
 
 
Some vintage sewing items displayed on the Singer sewing machine......

 
 
 
 Over in the corner......
 


 Shelves that I kept up after my son Joey moved out as this was his bedroom....
 

 
 I moved the rest of my Thomas Kinkade pink ladies on to these shelves....

 
 
The miniature room box of my craft room that my face book friend Angela created and gifted me.....
 
 
 
 It is one of my most treasured possessions....

 
 
 On a smaller shelf unit below the shelves....
 

 
 I created a little Village scene.....

 
 
 
On a vintage corner shelf that I painted pink....

 


 
Joe was gifted a gift card for Cracker Barrel when he was still working as a Letter Carrier and since he does not care for their food, I bought this sweet white and pink house!!


 
 
I bought the pink church at Target many years ago at 75% off for only $5!!!


 
I made this year out of wooden ice cream spoons in 2019.....


 
 



 
To the right of the shelf unit....



 
I hung a pretty Victorian style tray...


On the shelf below it....


One of my Screaming Meamies Christmas pictures...
 
Both my sons were terrified of Santa Claus so after 3 years of pictures like this, I finally gave up!!


I bought the frame at a yard sale for 25 cents as both my sons were born in December....
 
" Friendly and full of Love, December's Child is a Gift from Above"
 
Depending on how things go, I may be passing this frame on to Jim and Danielle.....

To the right of the doorway is a small wood stand that I bought at a church flea market....

 
 It was painted white and pink with roses on it!!!
 
This is where I moved the other Tree to....


 
I topped it with an Angel....


 
And decorated this Victorian style feather tree with green and pink ornaments and beads....

 

 
It is battery lit....
 
Underneath the Tree....

 
I painted 2 small Dollar Tree houses pink many years ago.....


 
And that concludes my Tour of my Craft Room decorated for Christmas this year...
 
 I have been working hard every day, taking down and packing away Falloween downstairs so I can be finished decorating by Thanksgiving Day as I like to sit back and enjoy the Holiday Season....
 
 So far, I have the Powder Room, the Den and I just finished the Dining Room yesterday....

I am starting my Kitchen today....

In my next post on MONDAY, I will start my Tour of the Sitting Room decorated in what I call a Merry and Bright Theme for Christmas.....
 
 







I will be sharing the Sitting Room in 2 posts....

So I hope you will stop by to visit again on MONDAY!! 
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!
 

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
  THURSDAY
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 

5 comments:

  1. So pretty! Pink is my thing! My favorite decoration is the wreath made with cones of music in memory of your dad. My favorite vingette is the one with the pink church. I just love every single item on this table top and they all coordinate so beautifully. Can't wait for the next installment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those tea pot ornaments! Everything looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That white tree with the pink and green and silver tinsel is especially pretty, Debbie. And that wreath -- so thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with the miniature of your crafting room, what talent to create something like that! I have had an idea tickling the back of my brain, and this idea would make it complete! I cannot imagine how long it took your friend to complete Debbie. Everything looks great, do you ever get tired of decorating? I never thought I would say yes, but I am only adding small touches this year, and I am ok with it. You have so many wonderful pieces to comment on, you go girl having it all ready before December! Maybe one of these days my crafting room will be organized, I finally got one, yeah for me. ;) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie,
    I always enjoy seeing your home decorated. You never cease to amaze. I love those tea pot ornaments.
    Congratulations, you are being featured on TFT. https://www.eclecticredbarn.com/2023/11/december-decorating-on-thursday.html
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails