I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Monday, November 27, 2023

Victorian Christmas Dining Room, Buffet & Small Curio, Christmas Home Tour, 2023

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!

 I am so happy you decided to stop by my Christmas Blog!!

  Every room in our townhouse has a different Christmas Theme and Color Scheme!!
 
 I prove that you do not have to live in a large home to have several Trees, over 20, in all shapes and sizes!!

The majority of my Christmas decorations are placed in the same room every year and I know that this is not what most Decorator's care for but to me, it like seeing old friends again when I decorate each year for Christmas as many of my decorations were gifts from family and friends........... 

I do try to add a few new things and change up things a bit but for the most part, these decorations are part of my Christmas Traditions and bring back a lot of treasured memories.....

  
 I post 3 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY, WEDNESDAY and FRIDAYS!!!!
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Today, I will start my Tour of the Dining Room decorated for Christmas in Victorian style with a pink, white and gold color theme.....
 
In my last post, I shared the final part of my Tour of Mrs. Claus's Kitchen featuring my Gingerbread Village.....

 
And the Counter Bar....




 
Click HERE if you missed that post!!
 
 
 
And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 
Just when I think that Joe's luck is running out.....
 
He wins....
 
 
 
 $500....
 

Just getting his money back.....

A good thing though because the battery on our car was dead Saturday morning....

It was the original battery, which was over 7+ years old, so it was to be expected....

We had it jumped professionally because now they advocate to not use jumper cables on the newer cars as it could damage electronic systems in both cars.....

Luckily, they came to do that within 15 minutes after Joe called them and then he drove down to locally owned Kost Tires, who is open on Saturday and under 10 minutes away....

New battery put in with in an hour....
 

Still waiting for the roofers......

Tentatively this week depending on weather....


On Sunday, Joe, Joey and I attended Jurassic World Live at our Arena!!!

 
 They did 8 shows over the Thanksgiving Holiday....

With fees, it was only $19.50 a seat and we got handicapped seats which meant no steps to climb and padded chairs....

I apologize for the pics as it was dark in the arena.....

An hour before the show, you could go down on the floor and take pictures with the dinosaurs, the Jurassic World jeep and other things.....
 
 
Did I mention we had great Full View seats????






 This was an hour and a half stage "Play" acted out by actors and stunt people...

There were motorcycles, acrobatics, things that came down from the ceiling, even a man was taken back up into the ceiling by a prehistoric bird, Pryo and of course, DINOSAURS....

We thoroughly enjoyed it and highly recommend seeing it....

The kids in the audience loved it and so did us big kids who are avid Jurassic Park Movie fans......

Like my son Joey said...."It was a theme park ( like Disney World or Universal Studios) experience at an Arena near you!!!
 
 
 
 Again, I will be sharing where I put all the new things that I did buy to answer the frequent question of "Where are you going to put it all?"
 
These are the new items you will see in this first post about the Dining Room...
 
Bought at Big Lot's.....
 
 


 
 
 Last year, I bought these gold mercury glass pedestals in Dollar Tree for 70% off.....

 
 
 They were $3.00 and $3.60!!
 
 
I always say that my Dining Room is the most Victorian looking room in the house.....
 

 For Christmas , I decorate it in a pink, gold and white color theme....
 

 
 We are going to start today with the buffet.....
 
 
 
 In the corner by the Kitchen.....
 

 
 
 
 A swag I made a long time ago with a Lenox snow man ornament.....
 
 
 
 Another Lenox ornament.....
 
 
 
 Hangs from this metal Magnolia flower....
 


This Lenox Santa was gifted to me by a friend.....


I moved the branch Tree from the Living Room in to the Dining Room...


I hung gold and white snowflakes on it....


The large wood pink Santa Sign came from Michael's quite a few years ago......


You can see I also hung a white and gold Santa ornament that I bought at Penney's last year on the Tree...

 
 
 
 
 
 This hand made pink Santa, that I bought at a local Craft Fair, is the spitting image of the one hanging on the wall....
 

 
 

This sweet Bearington Bear was gifted to me last year by my friend Anne Marie.....


I like how the fur on her outfit matches the fur on Santa's......


 
A very Victorian looking stocking was a gift from a friend....



As in other years, I set up my 2 white and gold Sam's Club sets from Gandeur Noel here on the buffet.....

One set is a Snowman family.....

 
And the other is Santa, 2 reindeer and his sleigh....

 
Grandeur Noel is no longer in Business and these sets are selling for over $100 a piece on Ebay!!!!
 
I believe they cost $30 and $40 over 23 years ago.....




 
On the left side....


I elevated the Christmas Tree from the Snowman set on a gold mirrored cake pedestal....



I also used 2 round mirrors to place the snowman family on.....
 
 
 
 A pink mercury glass Christmas tree is on the side of Mrs. Snowman......
 

 
 On each side of the buffet, resting in 2 crystal candle holder cubes bought at the Estate Sale of a florist and his shop, are 2 large pink mercury glass ornaments.....


I used the gold pedestals to elevate 2 gold trees with stars on top of them behind the sleigh....


But first, let's look at the shelf above the buffet....


I used 2 of the tree candlesticks and the white and gold piece from Big Lot's here....


I added some pink ornaments, berries and a rose....


I placed the pink cone tree behind the sleigh in this vintage milk glass Colony Harvest Water Goblet that I got at a church flea market during the Summer for FREE!!!!



Santa's sleigh is filled with pink ornaments and mint green berries.....






On the right side....


Mr. Snowman on another round mirror......


I strung a set of battery operated lights throughout the display....

Next to the buffet is one of 2 curios in the Dining Room that belonged to my late neighbor Elly.....

This is the smaller one.....


A white Angel on a Home Interiors shelf....


 
 
 On top of the curio....


A white and gold church I bought many years ago in Big Lot's.....

 
The mica coated figurines are actually ornaments that I bought on Ebay a long time ago....

 

 
I bought them in June and I was the only bid at the starting price of $9.99 for about 10 of them....
 


 
They were listed again around Christmas that year and sold for $50!!!

 
I added a few ornaments and florals to the inside of the curio to make it look more like Christmas....



On the floor in front of the curio.....



This gold metal filligree church was formerly used in my Living Room hutch ......



I used another gold church in the hutch this year....

I added 2 pink bottle brush trees in front of the church, a pink flower and glued a bit of greenery onto the front of it......



I can also light it up more easily here....


A gold lighted ball bought in Ollie's a few years back is in the center.....


And  gold sleigh with a floral candle ring I made up is on the other side.....


Lit up....





And this is where I will leave off today.....

In my next post on WEDNESDAY, I will be sharing how I changed up the Hutch and area around it this year.....
 



So I hope you will stop by to visit again on WEDNESDAY for Part 2 of the Tour of my Dining Room decorated for Christmas.....
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!
 

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
  THURSDAY
 
  
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 




9 comments:

  1. This was a fun post to read Debbie, because I spotted some items that I have!! Lenox Santa and the goblet...and I love your sweet bear. Her face is darling. I never knew that about the jumper cables, thanks for sharing...I need to share that with my mechanic (husband), he knows everything, but he's never mentioned that. Interesting! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the lottery win! And the timing couldn't have been better! Ah, car stuff -- it always happens at the worst possible times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Whoo! Paid for the car battery! A win is always nice and nice it came at a time when you had something to spend it on. He really is a lucky lottery guy.
    Your Grandeur Noel sets are just lovely. They really look so high end and no wonder people are willing to pay the big bucks for them on Ebay. So pretty. And I just love pink and white for Christmas.
    I am running more and more behind. Today was "late start" in our local schools which I believe stands for "force grandparents to care for school aged children for 2-3 hours on a Monday after a holiday and don't bus them to school until lunch time." I am not sure what parents who don't have grandparents available for childcare do since I am sure most employers don't offer "late start".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debbie - The pink colour scheme and the decorations and lighting really reminded me of Victorian drawing rooms and how I imagine they'd look at Christmas. You certainly go the extra mile to create an amazing Christmas in your home Debbie - mine is SO much less involved, but I love seeing what you do - I live vicariously through your decorating! And congrats on the timely lottery win. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to keep my eyes open to see of the show comes here. My grandkids would love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great show and I am sure your grand kids will love it!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  6. So sorry to hear about the battery, Debbie, but the lottery win sure helped! You have so many pretty things to see in your home, but I just love the white sleigh with the ornaments and berries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun room! I could look for hours! Love your Lennox Santa, especially as it's a gift from a friend. That's the best kind of piece. Thanks for sharing your creativity Debbie, and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We appreciate you dropping by and linking up at SSPS 290. Superb and thanks for sharing that you party with SSPS
    Take care and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails