I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Monday, November 19, 2018

Upstairs Bathroom Christmas Decorations, Christmas Home Tour, 2018



Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!
 ANNOUNCEMENT:

Unfortunately, after almost 10 years of Blogging, I have been forced to change my settings on my Blog this morning.

I woke up to 79 emails showing 79 comments on my Christmas Blog by a Company posting advertising for some silly product.

I do apologize that in my haste and ANGER to DELETE and REMOVE all those comments, I inadvertently deleted ALL recent comments.

I apologize to my fellow Bloggers and non- Bloggers for deleting some of your comments. I did not intend to do so and I tried to restore them but apparently, you can not do that.

 I changed my settings to Comment Moderation!!

 I had hoped to never do that but because of some idiots who did not read the notice on my Blogs not to leave advertisements in my Comment section, I have been forced to do so.

To readers of my Blogs:

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS because I so enjoy hearing from you and as soon as I read them, I will post them!!

 My apologies that I have been forced to do take this action!

In this next post on my Christmas Home Tour, I will be sharing our Upstairs Bathroom all decked out for Christmas!!

In my last post, I shared how I decorated our bedroom for Christmas with the things that I love......

Victorian decor......
 My Victorian Lady Tree......
 A vintage gold Tinsel Tree decorated with mini Victorian ornaments......
 And with what appeals to Joe!!!
 His Pittsburgh Tree......
 Click HERE if you missed that post.....

I am feeling like I am behind this year in my Christmas decorating....

I did manage to get the entire upstairs decorated by Halloween which is a deadline that I set for myself every year but then I seemed to fall behind.......

With Thanksgiving falling on the earliest date that it could possibly be this year, I am sure that is also contributing to my feeling of being behind ..........

We had our first snowfall of the Season last week!!!!!

They originally predicted 3-6 inches for our area........
We ended up with almost 11 inches of snow,  topped with ice!!!

Amazing how they could be so wrong!!!

I took these photos of the front of our house early Friday morning......
 You can see that I still have my Fall decorations up.......
 This is probably going to be the first year in decades that I will not have the front of our townhouse decorated for Christmas so I can light it up for the first time of the Season on Thanksgiving night......
 Our back yard......
 We went right from Summer weather and temps.........
 Into Winter with 11 inches of snow!!
 And below average temps!!!

I have to wait until the snow melts in front of our house so I can first take down the Fall decorations and then decorate for Christmas and I have no idea when that will even be.......

But I have been decorating inside the house like crazy!!

I have the Dining Room finished and the Living Room is done except for the larger Tree and the village underneath it.....

I plan on having that finished by Thanksgiving as I will be hosting Thanksgiving dinner as I always do for 5, possibly 6 people.......

Today, I am sharing how I decorated our upstairs Bathroom.....

The colors in our bathroom are beige, purple and green and those are the colors that I use in my Christmas decorations.......

I hang wreaths on the doors of every room in our house and for Christmas, the wreaths reflect the colors of the room and the theme of that room for Christmas.....

This is the door of the upstairs bathroom.....
I made this wreath a few years ago......
You will see that the bow on the wreath matches the bow used as a topper on the Tree in this room....

I added a Santa head with a purple hat!

Hanging beneath the wreath is a gold velvet stocking that I embellished.........
  And also added a purple velvet star ornament to.......
 I also hung another purple ornament from the door knob.....

I always say that this bathroom is the smallest bathroom known to man.....

You can see that by looking in from the hall.....
I think the only way it could be smaller is if there was not a cabinet under the sink!!

I put up wallpaper border in this room in Victorian fashion using 2 borders and also adding it to the ceiling!!
But before I show you the Tree in this room........
  Let's start our tour of this room and it's Christmas decorations over here by the sink.....
Hanging on the wall directly to the right of the door......
A framed picture depicting a Victorian styled bathroom in purple.......
A brass sconce with purple glass votive cups hangs beneath it......
I tried to add a few Christmas touches to the small sink area......
A gold cone Tree from Dollar Tree with a purple ribbon tied in a bow around the star on top.....
A small purple glass vase filled with gold and purple florals.....
A purple snowflake hangs from the night light.......
A Victorian Lady ornament hangs on the brass hand towel holder......
It is so hard to take photos in this room because it is so small......
I almost had to get into the tub to take these photos!!!  LOL!!

Above the commode is a wall unit....
 It is on top of the wall unit where I have the Tree for this room......
This proves that you can always find somewhere in a small room to put a Tree!!!!
This tabletop Tree is decorated in purple, gold and green.......
I topped it off with a bow made from gold ribbon with purple roses on it....
I decorated it with purple, gold and green ornaments......
And tucked gold poinsettia stems, bought at Dollar Tree, into the Tree......
 To the left of the Tree, is a purple glass vase filled with more gold poinsettias from Dollar Tree.......
 And a cute purple putz house bought at JoAnn Fabrics a few years ago......
A purple gift wrapped ornament sits in front of the Tree.......

To the right of the Tree is a brass candlestick with a purple glass votive cup that I added a few gold berries to so it looks a bit more like Christmas.....
And a purple and green Diorama like ornament!!
The Tree is lit by 2 sets of purple LED battery operated lights.....
I also scattered a few purple ornaments around the Tree.......

I placed them in vintage fingertip bowls to prevent them from rolling off the wall unit into the toilet!!!
These are the shelves on the wall unit.....
The embellished fabric covered tissue box covers are the type of Victorian crafts that I used to make when I was selling crafts as a vendor at Craft Fairs........
I made the valance that hangs over a solid purple shower curtain out of a tablecloth!!
A bag of lavender potpourri hangs on the towel bar on the shower door along with vintage embroidered towels........
Hers and His!!
This is the wall behind the door......
Yes, I had to sit on the toilet to take these photos!!!  LOL!!!!
The small pictures were bought at yard sales......
Another Victorian style bathroom picture in purple......
I tucked a few gold and purple berry picks into a bush of green and purple leaves.....
Hanging from Home Interiors small gold baskets are sachets that I embellished and used to sell at Craft Fairs.....
So this is my very small bathroom, decked out for Christmas, showing that you can add a bit of Christmas to even the smallest room in your home!!!
Next up on my Christmas Home Tour of our townhouse will be my Craft Room.....
 So I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Hugs,
Debbie
  I am linking up to these parties:

All Things Christmas Linky Party

 Happy Holidays Link Up Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
Project Inspired Weekly Link Party
 Celebrate Your Story Monday Night Link Party! 
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase
Wow Us Wednesday

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Grace at Home Party
 
FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
   Flaunt It Fridays
  Sweet Inspirations Link Party

 SATURDAY
 Saturday Sparks
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
The Fabulous Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

13 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie, oh I am so sorry for your problems with the comments. I too have to delete so many comments with links for advertising. It's so annoying.
    I love the way you decorated this bathroom as for the rest of your house too. Thanks for sharing this at our Cooking and Crafting with J & J. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.
    Hugs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. Sorry to hear that you were invaded by inconsiderate people looking for free advertising.

    I didn't realize your area got hit so bad by the snow. In south Jersey, we got about 4 inches and by the next morning it was just about all gone. Hoping this is not a sign of what is to come this winter.

    Keep on decorating. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OKAY, well, I had to change my browser, because I havent' been able to comment hardly anywhere---for over a month. SO...I have enjoyed all your posts and tried to comment..and wasnt' able to. We had snow like that last year with orange lights poking through, lol. I hope we have a break in weather here also---to get our lights outside. Good luck! (plan b is a bunch of spotlights with colored bulbs...easy peasy, lol.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gracious!So much snow and so early!Wow.
    Your bedroom and bathroom Christmas decorating is amazing!
    Do take care .��

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow another beautifully decorated room, loved the colour theme. Such a lot of snow, hopefully it will clear quickly so that you are able to get all your decorations changed over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry this happened to you, Debbie, I remember that you had to start from scratch once before. But still you did your usual splendid job with the decorations, I love all the purple accents.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! I think Christmas is you!!! I love all the purple hues in your bathroom. Hugs :)

    www.artdecorationcrafting.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of your purple and gold decorations Debbie, they look beautiful together.

    Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays :) Hope you can join us today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks so pretty, Debbie - love all the touches of purple! So very Victorian :) Sorry about the spammer - they seem to be everywhere these days. 11 inches of snow is serious business - my goodness, be careful out there! I bet it is beautiful. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love the purple Christmas bathroom, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Purple with green work well together. We never get snow where we live. Take care, Cath

    http://anaussieintheworld.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  12. As always, your decor is lovely with your attention to details. How about that snow? I live in Florida and the A/C is on. Some of the trees are starting to turn colors. Happy Holiday Season, Kippi

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails