I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Christmas & Lusterware in the Upstairs Hallway, Christmas Home Tour, 2018

Welcome to my Christmas Blog and to my first Christmas Home Tour post for 2018!!!

While the downstairs of our townhouse was decorated for Fall and Halloween, I was busy decorating the upstairs for Christmas during the month of October!!!!

Yes, I start early because when you decorate every room and put up 20+ Trees in all sizes and shapes plus work part time night shift on top of that, one must start early!!!

And I know there are those people who say to wait until after Thanksgiving is over....

Our neighbors to the north in Canada already celebrated Thanksgiving in mid October so Thanksgiving is over somewhere in the world!!!!

Today, we will be starting in the Upstairs Hallway..........
 But first, Thanks to Bev, over at Eclectic Red Barn, for featuring my post, Hostess Tables at the Harvest Tea over on my regular Blog, Debbie-Dabble Blog, from last week's Over the Moon Link Party!!!
 Thanks, Bev!!

Please stop by and link up to this wonderful party!!!

 Not only will I be sharing my Christmas decorations here in the Upstairs Hallway today but I will also share some changes I made to my wall hangings and also show you my Lusterware Collection!!

This is what you see as you walk up the stairs........ 
A few years ago, I decided I might as well decorate the Hallway Upstairs for Christmas.......

For many years, I hung garland on the hand railing going upstairs but as we get older and as my knee deteriorates and I am closer to finally having my knee replacement surgery, I need to be able to hang on to that railing going up the steps.......

This year, I decided to hang a simple wreath from the railing at the top of the stairs.....
 I had this white tinsel wreath in my stash and since the color theme for the Upstairs Hallway for Christmas is white and gold, I thought I would just add a simple bow made from gold ribbon.......
 And a gold and white Santa head to the wreath.....
I used battery operated fairy lights to light up the wreath.......
As you come to the top of the stairs and look to the left.......
This is what you see.......
The peach paint from the Living Room continues up the stairs on this wall.......
I had every intention of painting this hallway peach this Summer but the heat and humidity pretty much ruled out any painting so it will have to wait until next Spring....

So except for this wall, the rest of the hallway is painted beige .......

I have a large mirror hung on this wall......
Next to the mirror is a brass sconce that I added a gold bow to........
The mirror has a gold frame.......
I hung a swag made of gold and almost an aqua color fern like greenery that I bought several years ago on Clearance after Christmas in Michael's for 90% off.........
A bow made from gold ribbon is in the center of the swag and a gold and white angel hangs on the mirror.......

A gold planter is beneath the mirror which I filled with the same greenery as the swag........
 Along with gold and white berry branches, gold glittered branches and 2 white and gold poinsettia picks......
Next to the mirror in the corner are 2 shelves.........
The top one is a vintage corner shelf that hangs on the wall.......
I have displayed my collection of Lusterware dishes on these shelves ......

I added a few Christmas things to the shelves........
The largest of a set of 3 gold glittered trees sits on the top shelf.......
Lusterware pieces are on the 2 other shelves.....
Underneath the shelf on the wall is another vintage corner shelf........
On the top of that shelf is a white lantern that I topped off with a gold bow.......
Some branches of the same greenery that I used in the swag and in the planter surround the lantern along with gold ornaments........
In the Summer, I bought a box of angels at a church Flea Market........
I thought these would be perfect to decorate for Christmas here in the hallway........
 The largest of the Angels sits on this shelf surrounded by greenery, ornaments and gold berries......
On the next shelf is a Nativity that I bought many years ago in Target after Christmas......
It was this Nativity that gave me the idea to decorate the Upstairs Hallway for Christmas!!!!
And again you can see that I added greenery, ornaments and berries.......

I hung the 2 Angels that are ornaments on the shelf!!
This one was missing her wings........I will have to look for some to replace them for her!!
More Lusterware pieces........
A simple gold ornament placed in a demitasse cup.....
And the bottom shelf.......
A Bearington Bear Angel dressed in gold and white......
A battery operated candle sits in a lusterware vase along with a plate and tea cups and saucers
Another Angel sits on the floor next to the shelf.......
This is what you see looking out of the Master Bedroom into the Hallway......
When decorating for Christmas, I re-did the wall hangings on this wall......
I took down a large picture that once hung here and donated it to a local Thrift Store allowing me to drop the antique mirror down a bit lower than it was........
 After spackling a few holes and touching up with some paint, I did a new arrangement on the wall.....

I had bought this mirror at a church Flea Market many years ago......
I hung a gold star in the center of it with gold ornaments on the sides......
Another shelf hangs below the mirror.......
On the left side of the shelf.......
Hangs a picture and a small mirror........
More Lusterware pieces grace this shelf with greenery, ornaments and berries added to make it look like Christmas!!

More gold branches are tucked into the top of the shelf with a gold church resting on top......
 
On the right side is a painted ceiling tile and mirror.....
And underneath the shelf is a Christmas picture......
As you make a right turn once you come up the stairs to go into the Master Bedroom........
Against the railing is a peach hamper and a small pedestal table.......
A brass single sconce hangs on the wall......
I added a gold bow and an Angel ornament to it......
Last year, I had a small LED lit branch Tree on this table but this year, I filled a vase with white branches that I got from a neighbor.......
 I tucked a few gold glittered branch picks into the white branches.......
Then I strung a set of battery operated fairy lights through out the branches and down into the vase.......
So since these are branches of a Tree with lights on and I even hung a few small ornaments on, I am going to count this as Tree #1!!!

On the table.........
The 2nd gold glittered tree from that set of 3 sits in a Lusterware tea cup.......
And you may remember the gold glittered Santa that I just bought at Big Lot's......
A gold reindeer with greenery and ornaments.....
On the wall directly across .........
 The left leads to the Bathroom......
More greenery with a bow placed on top of a picture.......
A bit of ribbon added to a small mirror.......
As you would turn to the right when walking out of the Master Bedroom.......
This is the wall on the right as you would walk into the Bathroom.........
Across from this wall are the doorways to the other 2 bedrooms or to what I now call the Sitting Room and Craft Room.......
More shelves for my Lusterware Collection!!
This is an old Home Interiors shelf......
When looking at this photo, I realized I forgot to clean the mirror that I tucked another gold bow into the top of!!!
Again, I added some Christmas touches.........
The 3rd tree in that set of 3 sits in the center of the top shelf.....
Flanked by 2 gold berry bunches.......
On the next shelf is a vase with a few Christmas picks in and 2 gold ornaments.......
On the bottom shelf is another white lantern topped off with a gold lantern......
With a gold reindeer and a sled.......
On the right side of the shelf.......
Is an old Home Interiors picture........
Underneath the shelf on the wall is the final shelf unit in the Upstairs Hallway.......
Antique cherubs ( marked from Italy on the backs) hangs on each side.......
More of my Lusterware Collection is displayed on this narrow shelf that I bought a few years ago at Salvation Army!!!!!
Again, greenery.......
Ornaments.........
Battery operated candles........
A reindeer.......
And a few sleds.........
Along with a few gold berries......
Add a bit of Christmas to this shelf.........
You can see that I added the remaining 2 Angels here ............
The bottom shelf has 2 gold churches on each side.......
And a small gold tree sitting in a tea pot that does not have a lid!!!!
I hope you enjoyed seeing my Lusterware Collection with a bit of Christmas added to it making the Upstairs Hallway a bit festive looking for the upcoming Holiday Season........

In my next post, I will be sharing more of my Christmas decorations in the Upstairs....

 So I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie
  I am linking up to these parties:
 
All Things Christmas Linky Party


 Happy Holidays Link Up Party

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
   Flaunt It Fridays
  Sweet Inspirations Link Party

 SATURDAY
 Saturday Sparks
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
The Fabulous Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
Project Inspired Weekly Link Party
 Celebrate Your Story Monday Night Link Party! 
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Reader Tip Tuesday Party
Let's Party!!

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase
Wow Us Wednesday

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I APOLOGIZE for having inadvertantly deleted some comments in my haste to remove undesirable advertising comments for my posts. PLEASE continue to comment as I have now set up Comment moderation. Sorry!!!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your Christmas decorations Debbie. I can not wait to put ours up :) Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty little teapots! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails