I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Saturday, November 17, 2018

Master Bedroom Christmas Decorations, Christmas Home Tour, 2018


 Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!
Continuing on with my Christmas Home Tour, today I will be sharing not only Christmas decorations in our Bedroom but some areas in our bedroom that I seldom share.......

Let's get right to it because this post is a bit overdue!!!!

I have wreaths hanging on all the doors of the rooms in our house.......

Each wreath matches the color and Christmas decor of that particular room.......

The Master Bedroom is painted gold but has accents of blue,  deep rose, burgundy and ivory.......
I placed a sweet Victorian doll head in the center of the wreath that I made......
And I hung a gold stocking that I embellished from the wreath......
 When you look over to the left upon entering the room, this is what you see.......
 You can see from the colors in the floral drapes where I got the accents colors for the bedroom.......

It is in this corner that I have the first Tree in this bedroom........
 I call my Victorian Lady Tree........

Most of the bedroom is decorated in Victorian fashion.......

I had decorated this Tree the same way for several years now but this is the second year that I have it here in the corner on this table that was a dumpster find.......
Of course, I gave it a fresh coat of paint.....
I had hoped to paint our bedroom furniture, which was bought for my Mother when she was 16 years old and antiqued by my dad when it became my Bedroom furniture as a teenager, the same way, ivory with blue drawers, but this past Summer was too hot and too humid to do so....

Hopefully, I will be able to do so in the Spring........

Before I show you the Tree, let me show you what is to the left of the Tree on the wall.......
 This is an old Home Interiors picture but I love it!!!!
 On the shelf below it are 2 Home Interiors figurines of Mother's holding their their baby boys.......
Since I am a Mother of 2 sons, these are special to me....
  On the floor below the shelf is a large vintage brown glass jug that came from my neighbor Elly's house that I filled with flowers........
A Victorian style hat box and another box sit on the floor in front of the table where the Tree is displayed.........
 This Tree is one of a set of 2 Pathway Trees that I bought several years ago on Clearance.......
I spray painted the urn gold........
 I have decorated the Tree with Victorian ornaments that I have collected over the years.......
 The majority of the ornaments are in pink........
 The Tree is topped off with a bow that I made from a pink and gold shimmery ribbon........
 I call this Tree my Victorian Lady Tree because of the type of ornaments on this tree.......

Like Hats......
 Dress forms.......
Purses.......
Gloves.......
Shoes.......
Even a vanity chair and boudoir ottomans!!
 And a dress!!!
 I tucked frosted pink flowers into the Tree...

On the table.......
The Tree is actually sitting on a vintage dresser mirror.......
A hat box with a Victorian doll's head on it.....
Vintage cologne bottles in the back.......
A Shoe ornament  and a pair of vintage gloves that I embellished......
Now this is an area that I have now shared before.........
I moved the hope chest that belonged to my Mother on front of the window........

 I had planned on painting it a solid blue this Summer but it will now have to wait until the Spring.......
 On the left hand side of the hope chest is Rose........
 Rose is a mannequin that I embellished several years ago and kept int he Sitting Room......
 I thought she would look better here in our bedroom......
 In front of Rose is a small hat box with a pair of gloves ornament resting on top of it.......
 The hope chest is covered with a table topper that matches the drapes in the room.......
 In the center is a sterling silver Tea and Coffee set.........
 This is the 2nd Tree in our bedroom........
 It is a vintage gold tinsel Tree that came from my neighbor Elly's house.......
 Since I decorated it a bit, I am counting it as one of my decorated Trees for this Season........

 It is topped off with a gold star and there are several mini Victorian style ornaments on the Tree......
 The Tree is resting in the tea cup of a tea and toast set........
 A sweet angel that was gifted to me by a friend that passed away also sits on the tray........
 On the left side of the hope chest, is a stack of hat boxes........
 A Candle light, a rose candle holder, a box with another Victorian doll head on top of it underneath a glass dome, a vintage purse and another Victorian shoe ornament.........
 One box says Couture and the other is a Victorian hat box......
 Another vintage purse, gloves and an angel I made ......
 Next to the hope chest on top of the TV entertainment center........
 Is a small curio like cabinet that I bought in Target many years ago.......
 Home Interiors Victorian Lady figurines, a vintage hat pin holder and cologne bottles rest on top of the curio......
 The inside is filled with more cologne bottles, my Mother's vintage dresser set and more Victorian Lady figurines......
 Gloves and Joe's Grandmother's beaded collars hang on the doors.....
Another area in the bedroom that I want to share is on my side of our bed.......
 More Victorian styled pictures and a vintage lamp on a round table.......

I have our bed in a corner of the bedroom, giving me a storage area behind it........

I hung drapes and curtains to hide the corner used as storage.......
 This is a chandy I made by marrying an old brass chandy bought at a church Flea market with an electric chandy bought at Target many years ago.......
 Of course, I have it wrapped in tulle and flowered garland and hung crystal ornaments from it.....
 And this is Joe's side of the bed........
Now that I have showed you my Tree and how I decorated the bedroom according to what I like......
I had to give Joe some part  of the house that he could call "His", right??????

I had decided to decorate the top of his dresser with Victorian Gentleman items......
Back then, most men wore hats......
This 1950's style hat is displayed on a large brass candle stick.......
Antique looking frames hold pictures of what I call "Instant Ancestors"......
A vinatge looking Soap tin and an old razor......

Shaving brushes and old pipes.....
  A black bow tie is displayed on a small mirror.....
From which pocket watches hang.....
I decoupaged the top of a man's wooden jewelry box......
A top hat is displayed on this side of the dresser.......
More "Instant Ancestors"!
Do you like how I decorated Joe's dresser??????
 After I took these photos, I realized that Joe had change on the jewelry box!!!
Now let's take a look at the other side of the bedroom in an alcove where all of Joe's Pittsburgh Sports Collectibles are......
Joe is an avid Pittsburgh fan especially Pittsburgh Penguins and Pittsburgh Steelers......

Over to the left on a small stand is a Penguins Tree that we bought at a Craft Co Op a few years back.....
 I will not be counting this Tree among my decorated Trees as I am not the one to decorate it......

Several shelves are above the roll top desk in this alcove......
 We are Season Ticket holders to the Pittsburgh Penguins AHL Hockey team the Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins......

All the bobble heads are from that team.......
On top of a roll top desk is Joe's Pittsburgh Tree, Tree # 3 in our bedroom.......
A stained glass Pittsburgh Penguins lamp.....
Christmas Hockey items and Postal items are displayed on top of the desk like a photo of Joe with the Stanley Cup.....
Joe is a retired Letter Carrier for the United States Postal Service.......
For several years now, I have decorated a Pittsburgh Tree for Joe.....
After all, I have my Victorian Lady Tree......
The Tree rests on top of a Pittsburgh Steeler's place mat made by a crafter......
It is decorated with both Steeler and Penguins ornaments.....
Battery operated fairy lights light up the Tree in the evening......
This gold stained glass lamp came from my neighbor Elly's house.....
  You see that we framed Joe's picture with Tux, who is the mascot for the Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins!!
I made this chair for Joe several years ago first by painting it black and then decoupaging Penguins and Steeler photos on it taken from Calendars!!
Joe always says that no one has a chair like his......

Next to the desk are 2 shelves bought at flea markets that I also painted......
They are filled with all the Freebies that Season ticket holders receive through each Season......

This is the door to a small closet in our bedroom......
We also have another large closet in the bedroom too........

And here is Joe enjoying his Pittsburgh corner which he claims is the only place in the house he can call his own!!!
LOL!!

I hope you enjoyed seeing my Christmas decorations in our bedroom along with a mini tour of our bedroom.......

Let's see....

So far I have shared 4 Trees.......

This Tree made from branches in the upstairs hall way.......
 My Victorian Lady Tree......
 This small vintage gold tinsel tree with mini ornaments on it......
 And Joe's Pittsburgh Tree........
Next I will be sharing Christmas decorations in the upstairs bathroom and another Tree......
So I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

NOTE TO VENDORS WHO INSIST UPON LEAVING A COMMENT THAT CONTAINS A LINK TO A COMMERCIAL WEBSITE, YOUR COMMENT WILL BE DELETED AS SOON AS I SEE IT!! I DO NOT ACCEPT ADVERTISING ON MY BLOG IN ANY FORM,
THANK YOU!!!!!!

Hugs,
Debbie
  I am linking up to these parties:

All Things Christmas Linky Party

  Happy Holidays Link Up Party

 SATURDAY
 Saturday Sparks
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
The Fabulous Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
Project Inspired Weekly Link Party
 Celebrate Your Story Monday Night Link Party! 
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase
Wow Us Wednesday

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Grace at Home Party
 
FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
   Flaunt It Fridays
  Sweet Inspirations Link Party


Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I APOLOGIZE for having inadvertantly deleted some comments in my haste to remove undesirable advertising comments for my posts. PLEASE continue to comment as I have now set up Comment moderation. Sorry!!!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy seeing all the details of your fabulous Christmas decor! It's great that you work family treasures into your rooms and decor.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails