I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Saturday, November 24, 2018

Christmas in the Dining Room, Part 1, 2018

 Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!
I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!!!

Our oldest son Joe won a whole turkey at work when they held a drawing entering those who donated to a local Food Drive......
I was a bit intimidated because it has been over 20 years since I made a whole turkey as I usually just make a turkey breast.......

It turned out well even though craving it became a challenge!!

As Joe said it was the only piece of dead meat that seemed to fight back!!!

I was going to show you the upstairs Sitting Room decorated for Christmas in this post but truth be known, until I am done decorating, everything that comes down from the attic is stored in that room until it can go back up to the attic......

Since I really can not even walk in that room right now, I decided to show you the Dining Room decorated for Christmas instead which I will be doing in 2 posts......

So today, I will be sharing Part 1 of the Dining Room.........

Let's start over here by the buffet...
Over in the corner by the Kitchen.....
A Christmas swag that I made hangs over a Home Interiors picture.....
Underneath the picture on a shelf sits a Lenox Santa......
On the floor in the corner......
2 Santa's dressed in pink, both bought at Church Flea Markets.....
Hanging on the handles of the drawers of the buffet are gold stockings with pink angel wings attached to them......
 I have decorated the Dining Room in pink, white and gold.......
Last year, I bought this Santa wall hanging at Michael's......
I decorated the buffet like this for a few years now and this year, I did things a bit differently......
Other years, I decorated the 2 gold Trees on the buffet with small pink ball ornaments and white snowflakes.......
This year, I just decorated them with white snowflakes.......
They are topped with a pink star and also have 2 birds on each Tree.......
Beneath the Tree on the left side......
I have used 2 sets of white and gold figurines that were bought at Sam's Club many years ago to decorate the buffet......
On top of a mirrored gold cake stand......
Is a Tree from one of the sets......
The gold reindeer were bought at Walmart several years ago.....
Above the buffet on a gold shelf......
Sits a white and gold Santa......
In the center of the buffet is Santa and his sleigh.......
2 gold glittered bottle brush trees are on each side of the sleigh.....
You can see that I scattered gold and pink ornaments throughout the display......
Over on the right side of the buffet......
Is the other gold Tree.......
 These Trees are 2 of 3 decorated Trees in the Dining Room......

Underneath this Tree.......
 Other years, I used 2 clear houses that I called Ice Houses in the display on the buffet as you can see in the photo below......
This year, in a future post, you will see them in the Living Room......

Next to the buffet.......
Is a small curio.......

Above the curio......
A white angel sits on a mirrored gold shelf.....
Underneath the shelf on top of the curio......
A large pink mercury glass votive filled with some florals.......
A white and gold house that I bought many years ago at Big Lot's......
3 Department 56 Snow Babies .......

A crystal vase filled with more florals......
On the floor in front of the curio......
I added a few ornaments and berries inside the curio to give it a bit of a Christmas touch......
2 pink angels flank the curio......
Next to the curio is the hutch........
On top of the hutch......
An angel dressed in green hangs above......
To the left......
A few Christmas figurines......
I bought this pink church a few years ago in Target for 75% off , just $5.00........
Over to the right.....
On the window that divides the Dining Room from the Living Room.......
A wreath that I made......
The Season's Greetings sign was bought at Micheal's last year.....
And that completes Part 1 of my tour of the Dining Room all decked out for Christmas.....

In my next post, I will be sharing Part 2 of the Dining Room......
   So I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

However, if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Hugs,
Debbie
  I am linking up to these parties:

All Things Christmas Linky Party

 Happy Holidays Link Up Party

 SATURDAY
 Saturday Sparks
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
The Fabulous Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
Project Inspired Weekly Link Party
 Celebrate Your Story Monday Night Link Party! 
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase
Wow Us Wednesday

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Grace at Home Party
 
FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
   Flaunt It Fridays
  Sweet Inspirations Link Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!!

4 comments:

  1. I have had to scroll up and down a couple of times to take it all in, beautiful. You are indeed the spirit of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Debbie!

    I don’t know why I’m not getting your updates. I saw this on a link party. I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving, with your family.

    http://anaussieintheworld.blogspot.com.au

    Cath

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Debbie, loved Joe's comment about it's the only piece of dead meat that fights back. I would never even attempt to cook a whole turkey. A chicken is enough of a challenge for me :D I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving dear lady and as always your Christmas trees take my breath away

    ReplyDelete
  4. So festive, Debbie and I love all of your Santas and angels! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails