I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Bit of Christmas This and That.....

 I was recently notified by NEPA  Blogs, a website that features local Bloggers living in Northeastern Pa., that my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas, would be featured as Blog of the Week , both on the site and also on the local NBC affiliate WBRE's daily show PA Live!

I am so very flattered and humbled by this honor...

This is December 18th's post on NEPA Blogs....

PA Live! Blog of the Week: A Debbie-Dabble Christmas



NEPA Blogs will be presenting a "Blog of the Week" on the WBRE's PA Live! every Tuesday. PA Live! airs weekday afternoons on WBRE from 4:00 to 5:00.


Our PA Live! Blog of the Week this week is A Debbie-Dabble Christmas (http://adebbie-dabblechristmas.blogspot.com/).

Debbie Dabble is a local crafter and bon vivant who loves Christmas. A lot. She has one blog all about crafting, decorating, and things that interest her, but A Debbie-Dabble Christmas focuses exclusively on Christmas. And it's updated year-round! Her blog is filled with photos of ornaments, decorations, figurines, collectibles, wreaths, and more trees than you can imagine. If I were looking at this stuff in person I would be afraid to move for fear of knocking over something, or a lot of somethings. But with A Debbie-Dabble Christmas you can view it all on her blog from the safety of your computer!

Lots of people have hobbies. Lots of people like to decorate. Lots of people like to collect things. And lots of people love Christmas. But some people take it to the extreme - and then are good enough to share the results with the rest of us. Maybe you won't wind up decorating your house quite as elaborately as this, but A Debbie-Dabble Christmas is still a fun place to visit!


If you have a blog you would like us to link on NEPA Blogs, or know of a blog you think we should link, please let us know! You can always drop us a line at nepablogs@gmail.com!



I want to THANK NEPA Blogs and PA LIVE for this honor....

To go to the video of the TV show to see my 90 seconds of fame, please click HERE

I also want to Thank Jody and Stan over at Rooted in Thyme for featuring my post
Christmas Home Tour, Part Seven, the Upstairs  from last week's Simple and Sweet Friday Party!

Thanks so much, Jody and Stan! I am so honored and very flattered!! Please go check out and maybe link up to Simple and Sweet Fridays!!

So ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS???????

Lo and Behold...I AM!!

Even though I was running really late this year , I managed to.......

 Display 19 Christmas trees this year!! 2 more than last year....







  




 I honestly do not know how that happened ......LOL!

I also finally finished posting my Christmas Home Tour 2012.

To take the Tour, please click HERE and then click on the link to the next Part at the end of each post until I have taken you through all 7 Parts......and the downstairs and the upstairs of our home.......

I also baked 4 different types of cookies and made fudge in one day!

Already had a small group of friends over ...

Here are a few pictures...
I say a few because we always forget to take them when we have company....
I took the easy way out and we ordered pizza and stromboli.....

So I set a very informal table......
 I used my red transferware and my ruby red glasses and cups and saucers....
 Just waiting for the pizza to be delivered....






We enjoyed having our friends over....

Anne Marie with Joe.....
  Our Friends Sue and Anne Marie.....
 Joe.......
 Yikes!

I should have not given the camera to Joe......
 Sorry, no more pics of this day ......

Then we held an Open House for our friends from our church.......

Sorry, I don't have any pics because it was very hectic with close to 15 people coming through out the 4 hours of our Open House.....

But I do have pics of my buffet of goodies that I served.....
Cookies, cheeses, veggies and dips, mini cheese cakes and creme puffs ( from Sam's Club)  and candy , of course!!



Yes, I did cave in and used paper plates......

I usually use dishes but I have been flying by on a wing and prayer this year so I opted to take the easy way out.....

I sent out all 75 of my Christmas cards!!

I made wreaths that people ordered and I still have 2 more to do....
  
 This last week before Christmas, Joe is spreading a bit of Christmas cheer while delivering the mail on his route wearing his Christmas Hat........
 Here he is coming home after a long day....

Joe begs to argue with the fact that they say Mail delivery is down....

He has delivered more mail and packages than he ever has  in one week.....
He does look a bit drained , now doesn't he????

I have also been doing some tweaking around the house.....

Yes, I do have a pink house like this in my Craft Room but I had another one in my storage shed.  When they were on clearance after Christmas at Target several years ago for a mere $5.00, I had bought several as gifts and had this one left  so I thought it would look nice in the Dining Room......
What did I do with the white church that was there....
 I moved it here and arranged the shelves a bit.....


This is my new Thomas Kinkade Pink Lady....
I am enrolled in the series.....
See those cute candy trees???  The Dollar Tree!!
I looked at the bows that I had  on the corner of my porch railing originally.........
I realized that I had had them for many years and that I didn't even make them!!  I bought them at a flea market and they were looking a bit worse for wear.....

I saw these bells in the Dollar Tree and switched the bows for the bells.....
Not bad for a total of 5 bucks, huh?

You can see that we are ready for the winter ice and snow by the things on the front porch......

Also the poinsettia pot was looking a bit ratty in the wooden reindeer planter and I found a nice one  at our church Flea Market for $2.00 so I also switched that one out......
I put this fine gentlemen also outside on the front porch....
I added battery operated LED branches to this arrangement in the Living Room.....
Nice , huh???
I added a plaque that I made to my mirror in the Living Room....
It 's the one in the middle , flanked by 2 ornaments....
Also added some ornaments that I also  made to the LR Tree....



Joe bought me 2 cute Santa mugs....
 And here they are with a gift I received.....

An Jar Candle with a Santa Head glue to the top.......
 Almost all of Christmas is now 50% off at Big Lots.

I found bright pink ornaments there for my white tree...
 See the icicles.....
Bright pink icicles and stars.....
 20 icicles for $2.00 and 5 stars for $2.00!!
 They do have other colors there too......

No wrapping presents for me!!!

We give money rather than gifts so I truly had no gifts to buy so I get to avoid all that holiday shopping madness!!

Lucky me!!

So I am ready....

When will you be?????

I am linking up to these parties:

Weekend Warmth Party

Home Sweet Home Friday
Show and Tell Friday
Potpourri Friday
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Thrifty Things Friday
Simple and Sweet Fridays
Tickled Pink Party
Inspire Me Fridays 
 Flaunt It Fridays 
Fall into the Holidays
Fabulous Fridays 
Inspiration Fridays

Weekend ShowOff Party
Saturday Nite Special
Pink Saturday
 Strut Your Stuff Saturdays
One Great Idea Saturday Party

Seasonal Sunday
Sunday's Best
Sunny Simple Sundays
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Sunday SHOW-licious Craft Showcase 
Clever Chicks Blog Hop

Masterpiece Monday
Blue Monday
Mod Vintage Mix Monday
Metamorphosis Monday
Make It Pretty Monday
Mop It Up Mondays
 DIY Project Parade

Cowgirl Up! Creative Linky Party
Knick of Time Tuesday
You're Gonna Love It Tuesdays
Tabletop Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Tweak It Tuesdays
Totally Transformed Tuesdays 
Show Me What You Got Tuesdays
Tout It Tuesdays

All Star Blogger Block Party
What's It Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesday
Rednesday
Winter Blues Wednesday Party
Wednesdays Adorned From Above Linky Party
Primp Your Stuff Wednesdays
HOME Party on Wednesdays
Welcome Home Wednesday Party

DIY Holiday Highlights
Delightfully Inspiring Thursday
Treasure Hunt Thursdays
Show Off Your Stuff Party on Thursdays
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share your Creations Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Vintage Thingie Thursday
Transformation Thursday
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Time Travel Thursday
 Open House Party


Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie


14 comments:

  1. What a well deserved honor, congratulations! I have finally found a friend that enjoys decorating for Christmas as much as I do....can't wait to see what we do next year! Merry Christmas! Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! and well deserved.
    You've been busy for sure - the gatherings, (the goodies look delish)
    the wreath-making, the decorating.
    I love the pink house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home is full of dazzling sparkly beauty and I think there is creativity flowing from your finger tips. Congratulations on being featured, you deserve the honor.
    Love the wreath you made with blue and silver.
    Merry Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh honey, you deserve to be in every magazine and show across the huge USA!! Congrats sweetie. Now..I WANT TO GO TO YOUR HOUSE FOR CHRISTMAS TOO...please, pretty pleaseeeeeee....and have all those goodies too and enjoy your fabulous and unique C'mas tour, for real!!!!!!!! Thank you for the tour and sweet and kind comments you did at my humble C'mas decor..everything is plain next to your loveliness! Wishing you and yours a very blessed C'mas sweet Debbi. Big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie,

    I am thrilled that you received such a great honor for your hard work on your blog. You will someday be on the cover of some well known magazine.....just wait and see!

    Your tables of goodies look wonderful. I have yet to start by Christmas baking!

    I also got in on some of the 50% off items at our local Big Lots this week! They have some really pretty things too.

    I love all the tweaking you have done. Everything looks incredible.

    Hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, Debbie..U have the most energy and Christmas Cheer!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic honor, congratulations! Love all your splendid pics. It always warms my heart to find someone who loves to decorate seasonal trees as much as I do. Hugs to Joe for all his hard work during this holiday mail delivery chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I am not in the least bit surprised, Debbie. I have never seen anyone that does Christmas the way you do. You are amazing. It's like being in a Christmas wonderland. Amazing! Congratulations my dear PA friend. Love to you- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Debbie,
    Congrats on your well deserved honor and feature. Your home is gorgeous and all the details are amazing. I love your trees and you have the best ornament collection.
    You pull it all together beautiful and have so many great ideas for your displays.
    Wishing you continued success in all you do and create.
    Merry Christmas and all the best in the new year to you and yours.
    Hugs, CM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your trees are so wonderful but right now I am addicted to Putz houses and envy your collection of these lovely glitter homes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Debbie,

    If anyone is ready for Christmas, it's you!
    Thanks for sharing your blue.

    Happy Blue Monday, and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a treat to see your home all decked out! I bet your friends loved visiting there with you! Merry Christmas sweet Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a spectacular display! Thank you for the tour of your home and thank you for joining Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Debbie, I now know someone who has more Christmas decor than me. That would be you sweetie. I am just in awe of everything you do and work too. Great job! Happy New Year and thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
    Hugs,
    Jann
    p.s. I have not made it to the mail box yet to mail your bottle brush tree. I will get it out this week.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails