I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Colorful Christmas Fireplace in the Sitting Room, 2021

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!

 I am so happy you decided to stop by my Christmas Blog!!

  Every room in our townhouse has a different Christmas Theme and Color Scheme!!
 
 I prove that you do not have to live in a large home to have several Trees, over 20, in all shapes and sizes!!

The majority of my Christmas decorations are placed in the same room every year and I know that this is not what most Decorator's care for but to me, it like seeing old friends again when I decorate each year for Christmas as many of my decorations were gifts from family and friends........... 

I do try to add a few new things and change up things a bit but for the most part, these decorations are part of my Christmas Traditions and bring back a lot of treasured memories.....



Just a reminder, I will be NOW posting 3 times a week as I realized that in some rooms, there is just too much to share in one post SO until the New Year, I will be posting on SUNDAYS, TUESDAYS and THURSDAYS so be sure to check back on those days to see a new post......  
 

 
Yes, it is Tuesday and I have a new post!!!

I will be posting on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursday until the end of the year.....

Today, I will be sharing the rest of my upstairs Sitting Room decorated for Christmas....
 
But first, I want to Thank Debra, over at Common Ground, for choosing my post, Christmas in the Craft Room, as one of her features from last week's All About Home Link Party!!!
 

 Thanks so much, Debra!!!

 
Please stop by and link up to this wonderful link party!!!
 
On to some personal notes...
 
 


In my last post, I shared part of my upstairs Sitting Room decorated for Christmas....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Click HERE if you missed that post.....

 I also shared in that post that Our Thanksgiving was not what we had planned as Joe came down with an acute case of Sinusitis and we elected to keep Jim and Danielle safe from catching anything from us so I delivered Thanksgiving Day Dinner to them at their house.....

Joe also tested NEAGTIVE for CoVid....

This was the BEST decision ever as Joe, who is now back to work and doing much better, Joey and myself are all on Antibiotics for a bacterial sinus infection....

AND to top it off, I have conjunctivitis in BOTH eyes!!!

Never had it before and never want to get it again!!

The itchiness, tearing and picking feeling is driving me crazy!!!!

If it does not let up with taking an oral antibiotic, our family Dr., who I have emailed far too many times for my liking in the past week, will order me an antibiotic ointment...

That is a fate worse than death for me because my eyes are hyper-sensitive and that is the reason why I do not , can not, wear contacts

So the thought of squirting an ointment into my eyeball send shivers down my spine and I won't be doing that unless I truly have to!!

Apparently, this sinus infection thing is running rampant in our area with people reporting on FB being sick for 1-2 weeks and bare shelves noted where cough medicine and the likes are normally kept!!

BUT so far, knock on wood, Jim and Danielle are good so it was worth the sacrifice of not spending Thanksgiving together and not jeopardizing their upcoming trip to Las Vegas!!

Yes, we will have little Faye for about 5 days!!

Her and I will be sleeping on the sofa in the Living Room by the Christmas Tree!!!

LOL!

We had our first inch of SNOW for the Season on Sunday morning!!

Sneak Peaks of the front of our house with a bit of snow....


 




I will be sharing the Christmas decorations on the front porch and outside of our house in my next post....

The back yard with a bit of snow....




And it is snowing right now....Another inch predicted today!!

 I managed to re-do my little Beverage Center in the Kitchen, using jars from Heinz gravies and containers from Herb Ox chicken broth cubes!! 




I will be sharing more of this in my Christmas Kitchen post...


Today, I will be sharing my faux Fireplace in the Sitting Room.....

You can read how I transformed this piece of furniture that we took out of my MIL's neighbor's house and had it down our storage shed for over 5 years until I had room for it .....



By clicking HERE.....

This room is decorating in bright colors with a Garden like theme normally....

 
 And I kept that same brightly colored theme for Christmas too!!!

 
 Several years back, I decided to get rid of the single bed that was in this room and buy a rocker/recliner for myself with the intention of using this room for reading......



 I bought this hanging lamp at the estate sale of a neighbor who passed away....


I hope to be able to spend more time in this room now that I am all decorated for Christmas.....
 
This is a small room...8 foot by 10 foot only....
 
This is the other corner....
 
 
I have craft supplies, blankets, curtains and drapes and some seasonal clothes stored in this closet....
 
Joe's Christening gown hangs on the closet door....

 
Both our sons also wore it for their Christenings....
 
And here is where Minerva lives....

 
Last year, I dressed her using a tree skirt for a winter cape but that tree skirt in now underneath the Dining Room Tree for this year....
 
So I wrapped a pretty hand crocheted scarf around her neck....

 
I think I will have to scour some thrift shops and look for some Winter Garb for her to wear!!!

 
Here is what I really call my pride and joy!!!

 
I made an old piece of furniture that was going to be thrown out into a "fireplace" that I can sit and read by!!
 
 
 Okay, let's take a look at the area above and the village displayed on the mantel of my faux fireplace.....

 
 
 
 
 
 

I hung a Santa head ornament and bright pink snowflakes from the gold leaves on the wall.....
 
 
That is a vintage hand mirror hanging on the wall....

 
 I kept out the 2 crystal cake stands on each side of the mantel
 
 
 I set up this little display on the one on this side....

  
 
 
 
 This is one of several houses/churches that I bought at Target many years ago at 75% off, paying only $5 for them....



In the center, on a wooden pedestal, is a 3 foot white Tree....


Again, I decorated it in the same color theme of the room.....


There is a vintage glass topper on top of the Tree....
 

This year, when going through my stash of craft supplies, I found that I had a few wood candy cane ornaments painted in the colors of bright pink, aqua and green so I hung them on this Tree.....

 
 Along with ball ornaments in the same colors and bright pink icicles.....
 
 
 
  
 
 I bought the bright pink tear drop ornaments at a church flea market.....

 
 


Underneath the Tree is a putz house, 2 snowmen and 2 aqua colored bottle brush trees.....

 
And part of a vintage fence that was my neighbor Elly's......

 
 I do have a larger section of that vintage fence, that was used on a Tree platform, running along the back of the display....
 
 
 
 Underneath the pedestal....



Another $5 church......



On the opposite side.....

 
A vintage plate that was gifted to my Mother by an Aunt of hers, hangs on the wall....


The other crystal cake stand.....



I strung a set of snowflake fairy lights through out the top of the mantel.....


I decorated the white garland with ornaments in the same bright colors of the Trees.....


Hung a bow, matching the ones I made for the tops of both trees in this room, in the center of the garland...


2 large bright pink ornament hang on each side .....
 


 
And now let's take a look at the Hearth area.....


 
 
 
 Of course, I decorated the inside of the "hearth".....


 
 
 
 
2 LED battery operated branch trees are on each side of a large lantern.....


2 bright pink striped candy canes hang on each side....


I took the lid off of a white paper mache box and placed it on top of the lantern.....

 
 Bottle brush trees, ornaments and a vintage putz house....
 
 
 
 I place the bottom part of the round container upside down inside of the lantern and placed a white house and bottle brush tree on top of it....

 
 
There is a set of fairy lights woven around the top of the lantern and down inside of it....


Mr. and Mrs. Bear and their pet dog are having Tea....



 
There is a set of skates and a sled on each side.....




And that is how my faux fireplace looks this year.....




All decked out for Christmas.....


It truly is a joy sitting in this room, looking at all these Christmas decorations!!!





And that completes my tour of the upstairs Sitting Room on my annual Christmas Home Tour!!!

In my next post, we will be moving outside and taking a look at the front of the house in it's Christmas finery!!!!








So I hope you will stop by to visit again on THURSDAY!!

Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

11 comments:

  1. DYING over these festive touches, Debbie! I wanted to do a Candyland theme SO bad this year but our travel plans put it on hold so I am tickled pink to see so many candy inpsired colors used in your sitting room. I'm so sorry to hear your Thanksgiving was not as you'd had hoped and that you've been so sick too. You definitely deserve a long holiday vacation and lots of extra tlc too. Praying you're on the mend soon, CoCo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're all set for the holidays, Debbie! Everything looks great! I can't believe you made that gorgeous fireplace! I can see why you'd want to spend more time in that room! Glad you're feeling better! You are one busy lady and have to be well for your guest, and gran-furbaby, Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you have all been sick. That sinus infection sounds awful. A million years ago I worked in the children's room of our public library and had a few cases of "pink eye", I think from touching the books out of the book drop then touching my face. I got it more often than my elementary aged children. I found the ointment easier than eye drops. My eyes were so sore and I could not hold them open for drops (or hold a child still if they had it too) The ointment I could just rub between the closed lids. Good luck.

    I love the cheerful colors in your sitting room and the glitter churches. You did such a wonderful job repurposing your fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you weren't able to spend Thanksgiving with the entire family, but you were right to keep Jim and Danielle healthy, especially since they have an upcoming trip. What a transformation that fireplace is. And how beautiful you have it decorated. While I prefer traditional colors, I can sure appreciate how beautiful it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by!! And thanks for your kind words... I am glad that the "fireplace" turned out the way it did!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  5. I love a lot of color at Christmas and you aced it! Fireplaces are so cozy. And your front porch area is so welcomng, too.

    I hope by now you are all back on your feet. I, too, deal with repetitive sinus infections and I know how miserable they can be. You want to be on your toes soon -- tis the season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tea set is so lovely. Can't imagine a different theme and color scheme in every room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, your decorations are charming, and I love your little tea nook! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear you guys were under the weather at Thanksgiving. Glad you are feeling better now,
    take care of yourself. Wow.....I loved the tour of your sitting room. It's such a festive colorful room that I am sure you will enjoy spending time relaxing in it over the holidays. I enjoyed all of your gorgeous Christmas decor, but the garland across the fireplace is my favorite hands down. hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry to hear you've been sick, Debbie. Conjunctivitis is no fun, especially combined with a sinus infection! Your fireplace is amazing - the room looks so cozy! Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJ's

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your furniture makeover to a fireplace is so clever! And the colors and the decor in your home is stunning as always. Sorry you have been sick so I hope you get to sit in your chair and read a while to recover. Thanks for linking up each week. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails