I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Sunday, November 14, 2021

Angels in the Hall and a Purple Christmas in the Bathroom , Christmas Home Tour 2021

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!

 I am so happy you decided to stop by my Christmas Blog!!

  Every room in our townhouse has a different Christmas Theme and Color Scheme!!
 
 I prove that you do not have to live in a large home to have several Trees, over 20, in all shapes and sizes!!

The majority of my Christmas decorations are placed in the same room every year and I know that this is not what most Decorator's care for but to me, it like seeing old friends again when I decorate each year for Christmas as many of my decorations were gifts from family and friends........... 

I do try to add a few new things and change up things a bit but for the most part, these decorations are part of my Christmas Traditions and bring back a lot of treasured memories.....


Just a reminder, I will be posting on Wednesdays and Sundays every week so be sure to check back on those days to see a new post......  
 
 
Today, I will be starting my Christmas Home Tour for 2021......
 
 
 But first, I want to THANK Amber, over at Follow the Yellow Brick Home, for choosing my post, Late Fall Foliage and Garden Update,as one of her features from last week's Thursday Favorite Things Linky Party!!
 

 
Thanks so much, Amber!!
 
Please stop by and link up to this charming party!! 
 
 
 
 I usually start each of my posts over on my regular Blog with a few personal notes about my every day life....
 
I will continue doing so here on my Christmas Blog.... 
 
 
 
And now for a few Personal Notes...
 

Joe's luck has not run out...
 
He purchased a lottery ticket using his Tip money and won $500!
 
 
 
 He got the Win All symbol.....
 
 
 
Yes, I know he is just getting his money back but at least he is getting it back....


On Fridays, my son Joey treats us to Dinner...

This week, it was Buffalo Wild Wings right up at the top of our hill.....

For a place known for it's chicken, they sure do make a mean burger....

Joe and I got the All American Burger...this is mine with bacon added and no tomato, lettuce or onion as I can not eat veggies.....

3 orders of Fries which we could not finish.....


 My son, Joey, got chicken tenders and an appetizer of Mac N Cheese with chicken bites....


Yes, that bowl is an appetizer!!! 

 On Saturday, I made a simple $8.99 Price Chopper Pizza.....


A great buy for the money!!
 

I have now finished decorating the Dining Room...
 
 


 
And have moved into the Kitchen, having packed away all of Fall/Halloween, stripping everything down and cleaned.....



I should finish the Kitchen tomorrow ( Monday)

I am still on course to finish decorating for Christmas before Thanksgiving as all I have left after the Kitchen is the Living Room which will take me all of this week into the weekend , most likely!!
 
As of now, if I finish the Kitchen by Monday....

 
Upstairs Hall - 2 Days..
 
Upstairs Bathroom - 1 Day...
 
Master Bedroom - 2 Days
 
Craft Room - 1 Day
 
Sitting Room - 4 Days
 
Front Porch and Yard - 2 Days
 
Den - 4 Days
 
Powder Room - 2 Days
 
Dining Room - 3 Days
 
Kitchen - 4 days
 
25 days of decorating so far!! 
 

And with that being said, I will officially start my Christmas Home Tour for 2021!!

I started decorating in October and I always start in the upstairs.....

So let's take a walk upstairs.....
 

 
Since I need the railing to hang on to, I no longer drape garland on it....

But I do hang a wreath that I made from the top railing.....




I strung a set of battery operated lights throughout it....

The upstairs hall is where I display my Lusterware collection....

For Christmas, I decorate the hall in a white and gold color theme.....


 I had planned on stripping the wallpaper border off and painting the hall peach like the Living Room but the heat and humidity this Summer prevented me from doing so....

 
 
 Hopefully, next Spring.....

On this side of the hall, I decorated with mostly Angels.....

I haven't changed much of the decorations since last year....

In the spring, I did decide to change all the bows from a gold and white ribbon to a musical note one as I keep them up year round.....

I did replace some of my Lusterware Collection with Christmas items.....

By adding some greenery, gold berries and ornaments to the existing displays, it makes it look like Christmas...

All the Angels were bought at a church Flea Market......

I bought the Manger in Target a long time ago.....

 A Bearington Bear Angel.....


And a Victorian Doll that I moved up here from the Living Room.....

Over on the other wall.....

I hung Angels on the antique mantel mirror.....

 

This shelf was in my neighbor Elly's Bathroom.....

It is perfect for this set of dishes......

I added bottle brush trees and 2 vintage style Angels.....

An Angel picture.....

I have my collection of vintage postcards from our area and from Atlantic City, where we vacationed often, displayed in this frame....

I consider this bundle of white birch branches a Tree as I decorate it like one...

To the left of this Tree is the Master Bedroom.....

Decorated with gold ornaments.....

On the wall across from the Tree......

On the wall across from the Sitting Room and Craft Room......

This is the area where I display my blue Lusterware.....

I decorated this area with more of a Santa Claus theme......

I bought this Home Interiors shelf on Ebay....

The gold Santa was purchased in Big Lot's....

On the bottom shelf unit was bought in Salvation Army for $10 and re-stained..........

Again, I added Angels and bottle brush trees.....

Gold berries......

Gold reindeer.......

Gold ornaments......

I painted some Dollar Tree houses white......


 Gold churches......

Gold sleds and a gold tree......


 The candles that you have seen on the shelves are set on a Timer and come on around 7 pm and function as night lights as they stay on for 8 hours.....

I wrapped them in music sheet paper in case you did not notice....

 

Next we are going to take a look at the upstairs Bathroom......

I made the wreath on the door.....

 After I finish decorating, I may tweak this wreath a bit differently....


The Bathroom is decorated in a purple, gold and sage green theme......

I decorated it in the same color theme for Christmas......

 
My upstairs Bathroom is very small so it is hard to take pictures in there......

 
I usually say that this is the smallest Bathroom known to Man!!
 
I added ornaments to the sconce.....

 
And a few Christmas items to the sink area......


 
Right next to the sink is the toilet and right next to the toilet is the tub......
 
The only place to put a Tree was on top of the shelf unit above the toilet......


I decorated this small Tree in purple, green and gold.....

 
 To the one side of the Tree.......




 
 I added birds to the Tree....
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 On the other side of the Tree.....

I bought the Putz house in Joann Fabrics a long time ago...


 
I also hung ornaments from the handles on the doors of the shelf unit......

 
Not much more I can decorate in this small Bathroom.....

I think I show that by simply adding a few touches to existing vignettes, you can make it look like Christmas....
 

On Wednesday, I will be sharing Christmas decorations in the Master Bedroom and Craft Room.....




 
 
 
 
 So I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

15 comments:

  1. Hey Debbie!
    The upstairs hall, filled with all your treasures on display, is just beautiful. And the purple decorations in the bathroom are a delight.
    Also I love the red transferware in your hutch❣
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      Thanks once again for stopping by!
      I appreciate all your kind comments!! I do like the red transferware in the Dining Room hutch too! Stay safe, healthy and happy!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  2. Congrats on winning the $500! What a great result! :)

    Your Christmas decorations are beautiful, I can see why you would want to put them up early! :) I really like the gold and white colour scheme with the angel room, it's so pretty! I wish I had as many Christmas decorations - I love everything about Christmas and decorating for it but my husband doesn't really like it much which is a shame! Sometimes he lets me buy a few more Christmas decorations in the sales though so I'm slowly getting there, haha!

    Hope that you had a great weekend :) We made the most of the warm sunny days after a rainy week :)

    Away From The Blue | Handbag Gift Guide

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog and photos are always a treat for the eyes and creative imagination! Everything shown is just gorgeous. I do love love that angel picture in the hall and those dear postcards from your travels, sweet memories. You take ordinary items and show us how to make them into precious, one of a kind heirlooms. How lovely of you! Happy new week and good luck on completing your decorating and meeting your time table. Enjoy every decoration, light, illustration, bow and every minute. Your family is very lucky.
    Best, V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V.,
      Thanks so much for your very sweet and encouraging words!! I truly appreciate them!!
      And I think you for taking the time to always stop by and visit for a bit!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  4. Hi Deb: You are truly amazing. I am trying to start my Christmas decorating but the kids are coming for Thanksgiving so I want to leave a bit of fall up yet. You better hang on to that hubby of yours, he will make you a rich woman someday!! Good for him. The purple is so pretty. I just makes everything pop..Happy Sunday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sitting here on Sunday evening going picture by picture exclaiming, "now that's cute", "oh, that's pretty", "how cute", "so pretty", etc. I really enjoy looking at all your "pretties" and all your decorating. I am off to a good start with my new "Hallmark Christmas Inn Bedroom" project, but we have another pause. My three year old grandson will be here for two days and two nights due to a childcare situation and brother's oral surgery. And my two year old grandson will be here all five days and having a sleepover on Friday night. I really can't do anything - except chase and head off disaster when they are here, so I won't be up to much until next weekend, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a pretty angel collection, a few years back I wasn't sure about pink for Christmas but now I think it is pretty

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty. Christmas everywhere. I always enjoy visiting! The angel collection is so pretty.
    I hope you get to do your paint project in the Spring! Good luck on your to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always look forward to your posts that share photo's of your lusterware collection....it's just gorgeous and perfect to display at Christmas! I think the purple wreath that you made is one of your prettiest creations yet...love it! Tell Joe congrats on his win....hope he bouhght you some new pretties with at least a few dollars of it....lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You do AT LOT more decorating than I ever do! We have a tree, a vignette type thing on the side, some dinner table centrepiece bits and a wreath on the door and I'm done! It all fits in 2 large storage boxes :-D
    Everything is so pretty and I totally relate to the 'old friends' thing. I feel exactly the same as we get our tree ornaments out. I love putting up all the old favorites and adding a few new ones each year, it is like finding old friends in the box <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. That purple wreath is so pretty! You decorate a lot more than me, but I should be finished in the next or so, too :) Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I finally made it here for a visit and I have been here for hours now! You told me you started quite a while ago but I didn't know so much was up on the blog already! First of all, congrats again to Joe! He is still on a roll. I love the purple you used in the bath. What a pretty color to decorate with. Wrapping the candles in musical note paper is simply brilliant. Brand new now! I am crazy about your angels. I spent so much time looking at each one last year and here I am again! I hope you never change them because they are exactly what brings the season home. Just beautiful. I'm in awe Deb as usual! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! You put so much effort into decorating. I'm sure your family loves it! Thanks for sharing on Happiness is Homemade at LifeasaLEOWife.com!

    Niki ~ Life as a LEO Wife

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails