I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Christmas in the Craft Room, 2021




 

 Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!

 I am so happy you decided to stop by my Christmas Blog!!

  Every room in our townhouse has a different Christmas Theme and Color Scheme!!
 
 I prove that you do not have to live in a large home to have several Trees, over 20, in all shapes and sizes!!

The majority of my Christmas decorations are placed in the same room every year and I know that this is not what most Decorator's care for but to me, it like seeing old friends again when I decorate each year for Christmas as many of my decorations were gifts from family and friends........... 

I do try to add a few new things and change up things a bit but for the most part, these decorations are part of my Christmas Traditions and bring back a lot of treasured memories.....



Just a reminder, I will be posting on Wednesdays and Sundays every week so be sure to check back on those days to see a new post......  
 
 
 
Today, I will be sharing the Craft Room decorated for Christmas......
 
 
 But first, some personal notes...


Today, November 17th, would have been my Dad's 102nd Birthday....




I have missed him every single day for the last 34+ years....

But I carry him with me in my heart....

 I can hear him saying "That a Girl"! with each project I do.....

I inherited my Love of Christmas from My Dad who loved to decorate the house and we frequently did it together as my Mother was always cleaning when she came home after working all day....

He also loved to make things for Christmas......
 
Before I was born, he made these for the front yard of our house that he built and we lived there until I was 4 years old.......
 
 They were also displayed in front of what my Mother always called her dream house which  he also built and later, they graced the front of our house.....
 

When he became disabled after a construction accident, he did smaller crafts...
 
He made the wreaths and trees from thread spools my mother brought home from the Dress Factory where she worked as a Sewing Machine Operator.....



He made the platform for my Village under my Tree which I still use and is now up year round....


I will set up my Village, just like he did every year.....

Until I can no longer able to do so......

My Love of Christmas comes from my Dad and until I can no longer physically do so, I will continue to decorate every room of our house for the Holiday Season....

Happy Birthday, Dad!!
 
In my last post, I started my annual Christmas Home Tour and shared the upstairs Hall.....
 
 

 

 

 

 

 And the Bathroom....
 
 
 
 

Click HERE if you missed it.....


 I originally planned on sharing both the Craft Room and the Master Bedroom but I realized that there is a lot of pictures of the Craft Room so I will be sharing the Master Bedroom in my next post, along with a few crafts.....

I hang wreaths on all the room doors in the house....

This is the door to the Craft Room.....

I made the wreath in the colors of the Craft Room......Pink and sage green....

This year, I hung this Avon Calendar on the door.....

When my sons were young, they took turns moving the mouse each day until Christmas.....

On the closet door......

On top of the large shelf unit.......

I took these pictures during the day....

 This lamp is one of my Mother's vintage lamps that was on the vanity of the bedroom furniture which her parent bought for her at 16 years old, which is now in my bedroom.....

 

 I did arrange this vignette a bit differently from last year......

 

 

 

 

 

  

 There are 3 Trees decorated in this room and this is the first one......

 

 

 

In the evening with the lights on......

The chandy above my work table with the Sun shining on it.....

The second Tree....

 

This 6 foot slim Tree which was a $5 yard sale purchase with the lights not turned on....

And now with the lights turned on.....

Again, I decorated the Tree in pink and sage green to match the room.....

I used a pink and white striped ribbon for the bows and streamers.....

 

My Dad holding my son Jimmy in the picture in the tea pot ornament frame.....

My Dad holding my son Joey in this one.......

My Mother in this one....

And a Christmas Spider that was gifted to me by my friend, Anne Marie!

Do you know the Legend of the Christmas Spider????

The spider stays on the Tree year round as this Tree stays up year round and looked like this decorated for Summer....

Click HERE if you would like to read the post about it....

On the floor in front of the Tree.....

On the wall to the side of the Tree.....


The area above Joe's Grandmother's vintage sewing machine......

 
A display of vintage sewing notions is set up on top of the antique Singer sewing machine....


Over in the corner......


My Pretties.....


For Christmas, I moved my Thomas Kinkade Pink Lady Collection up here in the Craft Room....

 
 
And before I decorated the Dining Room for Halloween, I moved my Miniature Craft Room Box also into the Craft Room....


This mini room box was hand crafted and gifted to me by my FB friend Angela in appreciation for gifting her some craft supplies....


Click HERE if you would like to read about this amazing work of Art, crafted by a very talented Artist!!


This is the third Tree in the Craft Room.....

If it is decorated, I count it!

On top of another shelf unit....

This vignette is pretty much unchanged from last year....

The other lamp that was my Mother's with the shade that I embellished....

I made the pink "tree" out of wooden spoons used for ice cream.....

You can read about it HERE if you like....

In the evening....

Over on the wall by my sewing machine....

Both my sons were born in December with each of them being 3-4 weeks early....

They did not care much for having their pictures taken with SANTA!!

I could not resist this frame bought at a Church Flea Market......"Friendly and full of love, December's child is a gift from above"

Another one of my Mother's lamps on a small stand by the door....

A tissue box cover that I made and used to sell.....


And that completes my Tour of the Craft Room decorated for Christmas....

In the Summer, I gave the Craft Room a good cleaning and re-organized all my supplies after doing a bit of purging.....

Click HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE....
if you would like to see those posts about what I did.....

And right now, I have set up my other table.....
 
 
 
 Pulled some supplies out and I am ready to do some Christmas crafting as soon as I finish decorating....
 
 
 
 I hope to start working on this mini Tree that was my neighbor Elly's....

 
Don't know if I will finish it this Season but I will try.....

With the arthritis in my hands along with carpal tunnel and cataracts, small detail work that needs good eyesight and fine motor dexterity is a problem for me....
 
I will work on it here on my work table that has a lot of light.....

 
The Kitchen is now finished....
 
It took 3 days....
 
Sneak Peek....
 





Today, I start packing away Fall in the Living Room which is the last room I need to do....
 
So far, I am right on target to be finished before Thanksgiving!!

Next up on my Christmas Home Tour for this year, will be the Master Bedroom....
 
 




 
And a bit of crafting.....



And more shopping....
 
 
I will be posting on Sunday again....

So I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 


Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

15 comments:

  1. You know I'm bananas for all your pink trees and houses, Debbie! They're so pretty. I love that you have tributes to your Dad around the house and how he inspired your love for Christmas. Your home is always so festive and fun so I know he must have been a great guy. Loved seeing you Mom on the tree too! Hug, CoCo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a pink person and I love every inch of your craft room! I can't even pick a favorite although your room box from Angela is pretty darn special!!! I can't wait to see what crafts you come up with with your supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you love to decorate, and it shows! What a lovely photo of you and your Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pink theme of your craft room - it must have taken you a while to get all those pieces as you don't often see pink Christmas decorations!

    it's sweet your Dad shared your love of decorating too! I think I get it from my mum. we don't decorate any other time of year, but we go all out for Christmas! I just have the 3 trees though, although I'm always wanting to buy another one and hubby just laughs! :) He indulges me now and then though!

    Hope that your week is going well and you have a nice weekend planned ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that little glittery house iss so pretty! And I loved seeing the photos of your dad and learning about him. I can see that you are the apple that didn't fall far from the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful, Debbie, and the trees are fabulous. Love those paper houses! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your memories of your dad and decorating with him! Your craft room looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty! I love Victorian pink for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet tribute to your dad! Happy heavenly birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the teapot photo frames. I;m just getting started on decorating. The decorations your Dad made are really special.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved seeing all your festive decor and pretty pinks, Debbie. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh Debbie! I absolutely loved reading about your Dad! I was a Daddy's girl and we did so much together just the two of us. He was a salesman but he did window displays as well. He was such a talented artist. I loved reading about all the things your Dad made. What a craftsman he was! Now I no longer have to wonder where you got your own incredible talent! The rooms you've showed us so far are just stunning as usual. What you do each season is such a wonderful gift to your family. They will remember these things just as you do with your Dad. Thanks so much for sharing your stories and your lovely home with all of us. I wish you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful memories of your dad and what beautiful memories you're making for others, Debbie. My dad loved Christmas so much, too. He would always make it special, and he was like a big kid. He had some sleigh bells, and he would ring them from another room, late on Christmas Eve, so that we knew we had to sleep because Santa was on his way. I love the colors of the craft room. The pops of bright pink from those little bottle brush trees make me happy, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Debbie, a visit to your house at Christmastime always inspires me to get going with my own decorating! Your joy is just contagious, and I am grateful for it. But this post was just the best--I LOVED reading about your dad. It's obvious that you and he had a special bond, and I think it's awesome that you're able to enjoy your decorating and honor his memory at the same time. You are a treasure, and what a treasure trove of decor your craft room is!

    Thanks so much for joining the Grace at Home party at Imparting Grace. I'm featuring you this week!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails