I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Christmas in the Powder Room, 2021


 

 

 

 

 Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!

 I am so happy you decided to stop by my Christmas Blog!!

  Every room in our townhouse has a different Christmas Theme and Color Scheme!!
 
 I prove that you do not have to live in a large home to have several Trees, over 20, in all shapes and sizes!!

The majority of my Christmas decorations are placed in the same room every year and I know that this is not what most Decorator's care for but to me, it like seeing old friends again when I decorate each year for Christmas as many of my decorations were gifts from family and friends........... 

I do try to add a few new things and change up things a bit but for the most part, these decorations are part of my Christmas Traditions and bring back a lot of treasured memories.....



Just a reminder, I will be posting on Wednesdays and Sundays every week so be sure to check back on those days to see a new post......  
 
 I originally was going to share my Sitting Room decorated for Christmas but I was not able to find the time to get the pictures taken that i wanted to so I will be sharing the Downstairs Powder Room today on my Annual Christmas Tour.....
 

But first, Thanks to Linda, Over at Life and Linda, for choosing my post, Christmas Buys, Red Transferware and New Sled,  as one of her features from last week's Love Your Creativity Linky party!
 

Thanks so much, Linda!!


On to some personal notes...
 
 

This is the mask I sported when we went to the Trans Siberian Concert last Sunday.....

 
What do you think...Naughty or Nice???

I always used to tell people that I am not a nice person and the one girl I worked with would get so upset with me for saying that!!!

LOL!!

The concert was fantastic with all the pyro, lazers, special effects like the 2 large stage arms that lifted the participants up and over the audience!!!!



Joe bought me a 25th Anniversary ornament....

I love that it is black....


NOW since we were able to continue our Christmas tradition of seeing TSO in concert, I feel like it is Christmas.....
 
 

I am NOW officially FINISHED decorating for Christmas!!!

Last year, it took me 33 days to decorate the entire inside of the house and front porch and yard...

I was able to shave a few days off that this year.....

Upstairs Hall - 2 Days..
 
Upstairs Bathroom - 1 Day...
 
Master Bedroom - 2 Days
 
Craft Room - 1 Day
 
Sitting Room - 4 Days
 
Front Porch and Yard - 2 Days
 
Den - 4 Days
 
Powder Room - 2 Days
 
Kitchen- 3 days
 
Dining Room- 3 days
 
Living Room- 5 days
 
Doll House - 1 day 

 
 I did it all in 30 days this year!!
 
A few sneak peaks of the Living Room....

 
 
 
 
 
 




The Dining Room





And the Doll House which I finished yesterday.....


 

 

Now I can sit back and RELAX!! 

I am so behind on returning comments and I sincerely apologize for that but plan to start catching up today!!!

 

Okay....

On to my tour of our downstairs Powder Room....

I always like showing a few pics of what it looked like before I decorated it for Christmas/Winter as there is quite a contrast....

 

The gray walls allow me to completely change the entire color scheme for Christmas to silver, white and blue!!

I hang wreaths on the doors of all my rooms so we will start there....





Above the door way....

In the corner to the left when you walk in....

 

 

 

 On the shelf.....

I decorate this room with my Collection of Snow Buddies.....

 

 On top of the medicine cabinet.....

The silver acorns were bought at Dollar Tree and used in this room for Halloween....




The sink area....

 

 

 On the side of the medicine cabinet are frames that I normally use on the estagere....

 

 

 I simply changed out the Victorian Lady pictures for Christmas cards and hung them on the wall.....

 

 On the shelf unit above the toilet....

 

 Top of the shelf...

 

This pays homage to Joe's love of hockey and being a season ticket holder for the Wilkes Barre Scranton Pens and now being employed by the organization....

 
Penguin Hockey....

 

 I have several sets of towels.....

And I change them when one set is in the wash....

The silver mercury glass tree is part of a set of 4 bought a few years back at Sam's Club.....


I set up the Tree on the estagere....

 

Actually, it is attached to the tole tray on the wall in the corner and hooked onto the estagere itself....

 
 

I added 2 sets of battery operated lights and silver and blue beaded garland....

A few years back, I cut about an inch off the lower branches to make it slimmer so it would fit better in this narrow small space....

 I topped the Tree with a bow and this year, added silver branches to the top....


 I then added Snow Buddy ornaments....

 

 
 


These are actually quite heavy ....

Hence the need to anchor the Tree down....

 

 I hung small silver ball ornaments on the Tree ...


 Next I tucked some Buffalo Snow into the Tree....
 
 
And tucked some blue and silver berry picks into the Tree....
 
 

And now it is finished!!!!




 
And under the Tree....


With the blue and white icicle lights off....


On the shelf under the Tree is a little Village.......

 

 I added a small set of fairy lights to the shelf....


 On the shelf next to the estagere.....


 

 


A Dollar Tree silver tray filled with ornaments including 3 vintage Shiny Brite ones and Dollar Tree silver pine cones....




 
The shelf unit on this wall......
 
 
 
 
 

Two more mercury glass trees on these small shelves....
 


 The top of the shelf.....

 
The sledding Snow Buddy brings back many fond memories of sleigh riding down the hill in front of my parent's house....
 
  

All of these Snow Buddies have special meaning to me....
 
 
 

"Oops" is because I have been known to fall in some of the best places and the Carpenter Snow Buddy, who is sporting a tool belt, is for my Dad who built the 2 homes that I lived in as a child....

My Mother used to empty buckets of water from her wringer washing machine until my sister and I bought her a modern one so this one is for her and of course, "Remodeling" is for me!!

 
 
 

Tea Party is because of me being a hostess at our church's Harvest Tea's and hosting Tea's in our home for friends....
 
 
And "Charge and Shop til You Drop" were both bought because of our love of shopping....



 
On top of the cabinet under the shelf unit....


I keep Q Tips and cotton balls in the sugar and creamer set....



Hanging above the closet where the washer and dryer are.....

 
Two owls and blue icicles.....


After Christmas, I remove all Christmas related things, add a few Valentine's decorations and the Powder Room will stay like this until the beginning of March.....
 
Well, I hope you enjoyed seeing how I decorated the Powder Room and what a difference just a change in the color of accessories make....

On Sunday, I will be sharing the upstairs Sitting Room as originally intended for this post....

So I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 



Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

14 comments:

  1. Debbie, everything looks fabulous. Your home is always so festive. I haven't even started decorating yet. I'm so far behind. I'm also behind in visiting and commenting. Now that it's so cold out, maybe I'll be inside more and have a chance to visit all the pretty blogs! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Debbie!
    The powder room is lovely and what a joy it must be to look upon your collection. How wonderful you're finished decorating! (I've barely started in my small apartment.)
    I hope you and your family have a very Happy Thanksgiving.
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      Thanks so much for stopping by! I am thrilled to be finished decorating so I can now sit back and enjoy it all...We had an interesting Thanksgiving...Will be writing about it in Sunday's post....Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Hope you had a great day!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  3. Your mask is wonderful! I have been heard to describe myself as "not nice" a few times too. And I do that less now that I am retired, LOL. Gosh, I just love the blue and silver. It is just so clean and fresh. And I love all your snow buddies! I especially like the stories of the special ones at the end. It is so nice to have things with special meanings. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your snow buddy collection is just charming, even more so to hear the meaning behind them! The colors and lights are so pretty in that room. Congratulations on finishing your decorating! I’m staring tomorrow taking down Fall and Thanksgiving….turkeys and pilgrims, all will be put away for another year. Relax and enjoy your delightful home, it’s so lovely. (Love your mask!)
    Happy weekend. xo,V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V,,
      Thanks so much for stopping by again and for your kind words! Enjoy decorating your home Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  5. v.,
    Thanks so much for stopping by!! I am thrilled to be done decorating so I can start to do a bit of crafting...Good Luck with your decorating!! Happy Thanksgiving!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m loving the mask.
    For myself I would say I am naught but in the nicest way😊
    The house looks amazing!
    Tomorrow I will start my week of Christmas decorating.
    Lots of fun!! Been making plans since last year when I took it down.
    Jingle all the way.
    Blessings to you 💜
    Minnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minnie,
      Thanks so much for visiting again!! Enjoy your decorating and I am sure it will turn out just the way you envisioned it!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  7. The powder room is so pretty and the concert looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Debbie...Your house is as festive as ever for Christmas of 2021. It always looks incredibly festive, every single holiday season. I love the blues in the powder room and the snow people are totally darling. Loved seeing Nelson's Crest, as well. Looks so adorable. I love the idea of putting Christmas cards inside frames and hanging them. I always get a few beauties that are worthy of framing. Take care, Debbie, and have a WONDERFUL Christmas season. Hugs, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. How nice to have a lovely, large powder room! Another fun room to decorate -- and so happily!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not usually one for concerts but Trans Siberian Orchestra is one I have always wanted to see! I just love all the little snow buddies you have everywhere; I used to collect them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Deb, sit back, put your feet up and relax, you most certainly deserve it. Everything looks beautiful and wonderful and, believe me, I know how much work goes into it all. Looks like the concert didn't disappoint you and glad you didn't break your streak. As far as you being anything but nice, I doubt that very much..Happy Monday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails