I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Thursday, December 2, 2021

Christmas Front Porch and Yard, 2021

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!

 I am so happy you decided to stop by my Christmas Blog!!

  Every room in our townhouse has a different Christmas Theme and Color Scheme!!
 
 I prove that you do not have to live in a large home to have several Trees, over 20, in all shapes and sizes!!

The majority of my Christmas decorations are placed in the same room every year and I know that this is not what most Decorator's care for but to me, it like seeing old friends again when I decorate each year for Christmas as many of my decorations were gifts from family and friends........... 

I do try to add a few new things and change up things a bit but for the most part, these decorations are part of my Christmas Traditions and bring back a lot of treasured memories.....


Just a reminder, I will be NOW posting 3 times a week as I realized that in some rooms, there is just too much to share in one post SO until the New Year, I will be posting on SUNDAYS, TUESDAYS and THURSDAYS so be sure to check back on those days to see a new post......  


Happy December!!!!
 
 
My most favorite month of the entire year!!!!!

Today, I will be sharing how the outside of our house looks, all decked out in her Christmas finery....

But first, I want Thank Linda, over at Crafts A La Mode, for choosing my post, Christmas in the Master Bedroom and More Christmas Buys and Crafts,as one of her features from last week's Thursday Favorite Things Link Party!!! 
 
 
She especially liked my "It's a Wonderful Life" sled!!!
 
 
Thanks again, Linda!!!


And also Thanks Richella, over at Imparting Grace, for choosing my post, Christmas in the Craft Room , as one of her features from last week's Grace At Home Link Party!!!! 
 
 
She especially enjoyed reading about my Dad and this picture below....
 
 Thanks for your very sweet words, Richella!!
 
Please stop by and link up to these wonderful parties!!!!


On to some personal notes...
 
 

Joe, Joey and I are feeling much better....
 
Joe has returned to work at his part time job...

My eyes are still sore but no longer red and draining....

Thank Goodness!!!
 
I have been tweaking decorations around the house and hope to do some crafting today.....
 
I will be cleaning and getting ready for our sweet little Faye, who will be coming on Saturday evening and staying with us until Friday morning.....


While Jim and Danielle are in Las Vegas on vacation....
 
Because of Faye coming to stay with us for a few days and the need to be leaving her out in the back yard, I hung the sled  in the Den instead of just having it propped up against the back door....

 
This is the safest place to hang it as the nail it is hanging from is in wood and not dry wall....


 
I moved the Thomas Kinkade framed calendar picture that I originally had here....

 
Over here....



I will be sharing more of this when I do my posts on the Den.....
 
Otherwise, nothing is really new since my last post on Tuesday....


 In that post, I shared my faux fireplace in my upstairs Sitting Room.....
 
 

 

 

 

 

 Click HERE if you missed that post....
 
And in the post before that one, I shared the Tree, which is decorated with Shiny Brite vintage ornaments and some Christmas vignettes in the Sitting Room....
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

Click HERE if you missed that post.....
 
That finished my tour of all the rooms upstairs.....
 
I was waiting to post the outside of our home until we got some snow and that happened last week!!!
 
I took the pictures in this post over several weeks.....

First, when I initially decorated...

Second, in the evening with the lights on

And third, when we got our first inch of snow the other day....

This is what the front of our townhouse looks like from our parking lot, looking up at it....

Since we cut down the shrubs in the front flower bed, you can see the front porch a lot better.....

The backside of the park bench with a vintage sled in front of it.....

I decorated the front of the house the week after Halloween when it was in the 50's.....

Good thing I did because most of November, we have had below normal colder temps.....

I really did not change much from last year when I gave the wreaths and other things an overhauling.....

I used a combination of real and faux greenery in the pots....

They usually keep until the beginning of March....


I did move this post, with the galvanized tin stocking hanging from it, over here from the other side of the porch....

I tied a bow around the lighthouse that I made from clay pots.....

I also moved the SNOW sign over here, between my house and my neighbors......

Again, I added faux and real greenery to this pot on top of the milk can.....

 

 


I took down the porch signs that are normally hanging here and hung this Christmas sign above the front door....


I added Snowflakes to the garland

A wreath that I made on the front door.....



Again, I use the weeping mortar to hang decor items on the front of the house....


To the side of the door....

I am very sentimental about a lot of my decorations and for many years now, these 3 things have graced our front porch....

The first is this wood sled that my youngest son, Jim, made for me while in Cub Scouts.....


The vintage mailbox is a nod to Joe being a retired Letter Carrier for the U S Postal Service.....
 
The second is this wood reindeer planter that my oldest son, Joey, made also when in Cub Scouts for me....


And the third item is my childhood sled.....



"Baby, It's Cold Outside"



 A lighted wreath hangs in the center of the house.....



And this sign hangs below the flag post and because we are up on a hill where it is frequently windy, we have to take the flag down frequently!!!


In the corner of the porch, I decorated the Tree that is here year round with some bells and snowflakes....

In the Summer, we moved the mailbox over to the porch and used brackets to hold a flower box to attach it to the railing....

I added a Christmas mail box cover to it....


And this is what it looks like from the other side of the porch....

Another pot filled with greenery.....



The flower bed under the Living Room window.....

I moved the pots that were in front of the porch railing over here into the flower bed to make it easier to shovel snow....


I also moved my chippy angel into this flower bed too for the Winter.....



I filled these pots and the two planters with greenery.....



In the front flower bed on top of the slope in front of our house....

 
I moved my rusty iron angel bird bath out into the yard....


 More greenery in the vintage watering can....
 

My Park Bench.....

 
 I painted these a bright red last year.....



 
 Garland wrapped around the lamp post with snowflakes and bird on this side.....

 
 
I kept one of my owls out for the Winter.....

 
 
 

I put greenery with bows on round the necks of the deer.....




Now, I want to share how this all looks with the lights on at Dusk.....



 

And now with SNOW!!!!

Which makes it all look so much better!!!


I hope you enjoyed seeing the front of our home all decked out for Christmas this year....

I mentioned in a few posts that after 11 years of having the same wreaths, which I bought at our Church Flea Market after the church decided to get rid of them, I will be stripping them down at the end of this Winter and donating them to Salvation Army....

I will be decorating smaller wreaths to hang on the windows next year, making a new wreath for the front door if I decide not to keep the current one and will be hanging a wooden star in the center of the house along with greenery boughs on the window sills like I had many years ago....

I already bought the ribbon that I will be using....


I just have to buy the wreaths....
 
In my next post, I will be sharing my Christmas Kitchen.....
 





So I hope you will stop by on Sunday to visit again!!!!

Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 


Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

5 comments:

  1. December is such a fun month, isn't it. Except for when it's driving you crazy! I bet lots of people drive or stop by your home -- the porch is so lovely. It might be my favorite part of your home (and that might be because I don't have one and I've always admired porches!) It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking very festive at your house. That bit of snow puts you in the Christmas spirit. We had some but today it is pouring of rain so it has just about all melted away. But like Frosty, it will be back

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh I wish I lived across the street LOL!!! What a gorgeous display at the front of your house. I love the stories and meaningful items anymore. I have 3 sleds on my porch, all were my mom's. And I have two pairs off ice skates. I believe one pair was my mom's (not sure where it came from) and then a beautiful pair of girl's white skates that were never used. There used to be a vacant lot at the end of our street and the city would dam and flood it in the winter for ice skating. We had plastic ice skates for the little kids and, when my oldest daughter was finally old enough, she received a beautiful pair of white skates for Christmas. It was a mild year without much skating so she was looking forward to the next year. And the property was sold and developed into more houses. No more skating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must get a lot of drive by's of people to see your Christmas decorations. Beautiful .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie, yes!, snow just makes your garden and all the Christmas decor just magical... Love it all!!! So happy to feature your garden at Christmas for you at tonight's Share Your Style #329. <3 Really ethereal! I'm glad you all are feeling better! Stinks being sick...

    I think I shared 15 photos to various boards, including my Share Your Style one (under French Ethereal itself).

    Happy Christmastime hugs,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails