I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Home Tour 2010 Part Four : Powder Room and Tree # 8

Welcome to our Christmas Home Tour Part Four. Today I will be sharing my Powder Room. Normally this room is very Victorian looking with lots of rose colored accents but for Christmas and a good part of the winter ( I change it over after Valentine's Day), it is all decked out in blue Snow Buddies! I pulled the blue from the border which also has blue flowers in it. So here is my Powder Room changed into a Winter Wonderland....... It is not a large room and this is the sink area..... The Snow man picture was from one of those Home Decor Parties and yes, I made the wreath..... These 2 snow buddies I feel are symbols for my parents... My Dad was a carpenter by trade and my Mom was ALWAYS cleaning! LOL! A Winter Welcome slate..... I don't have my pink Victorian tulip lamp on when I have the room decorated like this..... The penguin is once again for Joe. If you visit Home Tour Part One, you will see why! A Thomas Kinkaide Angel on the left and a lusterware Santa on the right..... Penguin Hockey is for Joe..... Christmas Tree # 8 A 3 foot tree that is wired right into the shelf unit so it does not fall over...... The silver pine cone was a gift from a friend..... I made the bow for the top of the tree... Unfortunately , I cannot light this tree as there are no receptacles close by. I use Buffalo snow to stuff the tree with snow, along with blue berries and silver sprinkled greenery... The rest of the shelf unit.. A Target battery operated house that I got on clearance last year........ And a battery operated snow village , also from Target.... Both the house and the village are blue when they are lit....... My tissue box cover that makes all kind of sounds is usually a crowd pleaser for guests.... It is funny to hear people playing with it when they use the bathroom!! LOL! It was a buck at a yard sale..... Can you tell I really like shelves! OOps! You can see my Chap stick....I guess I need it in this winter wonderland!! Each snow buddy figurine has a special meaning to me like Shop til you drop, tea parties, sleding ( my childhood) , Remodeling, etc. Joe bought me these Santa's on Clearance one year at a Hallmark Store... I have told you that he likes to shop????? This swag that I made is above the closet that houses the washer and dryer..... I hung snowflakes and icicles from it.... These 2 cute items are above the door to the Powder Room... And that is my Powder Room all decorated for Christmas and Winter!! Many of you have asked how long it has taken my to decorate the house- I started in October with the upstairs and have been working on it since in the midst of working full time, doing 2 craft Fairs, making things to keep my shop space stocked and did I mention working full time! And also I had a surgical procedure in November too! Another question has been where do I store it all- I have my attic floored and it is as large as the house so a lot of the decorations are up there. We also do not have a basement or a garage so we do rent a storage shed and most of the bigger items are stored in there. Thank you for all of your very kind comments! I am linking this post up to : Blue Monday Amaze me Monday All Things Merry and Brite Deck the Halls Friday Seasonal Sundays Open House @ Coastal Charm Christmas 2010 Tour of Homes Hooked on Holiday House Tour Share the Decor party and all of the Christmas parties listed on my sidebar! As part of my progressive tour, please click HERE to see my Den! Thanks for visiting me today and every day that you take the time to do so!! Hugs, Debbie

17 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie...oh cute!!! You really go all out ;) :) :) I haven't done much decorating in past years...although this year feels different...especially since my dad is really wanting a tree this year. I have some various Christmas decorations that I've gathered over the years. It'll be fun to put them on display :) :) I enjoyed seeing how you literally are making every room of the house warm/happy for the holidays :) :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I just love the colors in your powder room. That wreath is gorgeous. You are so talented and creative. I also love shelves~~more space to put things! Looking forward to the den tour! Thanks again for posting such great pictures. It satisfies my addiction for decorating magazines, which sadly are sure not what they used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such beautiful decorations!

    My Blue Monday is Santa's Secret Shop

    Oh, I just became your follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew! I'm worn out just thinking about all the work you've done!

    Happy Blue Monday, Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although I've never gone to the extent for decorating that you do, I love browing through your home and enjoy the decorations. Your swag and wreath are lovely, thanks for sharing your Christmas decor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tree #8? Oh girl! You do Christmas up right! Wish I could attend one of your open houses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could you please please come to my house..I NEED you my precious girl. You inspire me so much to keep adding more to my home even though I have already decorated. This morning before leaving for my first day on the job outside my home, here I was cutting ribbon and adding it to my garland on the stairs. I so love the look. will be taking pics, and doing a video soon...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my oh my I think I missed some of the trees. Have to see them all. Happy Monday!
    MYM-Town parade

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another grand decoration tour showing. All the things you have done are outstanding, but I love the powder room best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HELLO DEBBIE,

    OHH HOW BEAUTIFUL YOUR POWDER ROOM LOOKS :)
    I'M AMAZE AT ALL YOU DO AND STILL FIND TIME TO DECORATE YOUR ENTIRE HOME AND HOLD A FULL TIME JOB :) WOW GOD BLESS YOU :)

    XO~MARI

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love all of your photos. That tree is beautiful. Happy Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All I can say is omg. It is absolutly beautiful. I love your dining room and bath. I did 6 trees last year but at 79 I had to cut down. Nothing as beautiful as yours. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh gosh, i don't know where to start...loved everything in your powder room...i guess, you are one rosourceful and very creative lady.

    keep more photos coming, i'll surely llove to drop each time new rooms will come up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, this is absolutely unreal. I love it all. I never think about the bathroom. Wow, yours is gorgeous and the tree is fabulous. Stunning and so creative. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  15. My my girl, you really know how to deck those halls. The tree is beautiful and I really like the full wreath. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How did you fit a tree in your powder room????

    Thanks so much for being a part of Seasonal Sundays. Sorry it's taken me so long to get to visit. It's such a busy time of year.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails