I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Christmas in the Den, Christmas Home Tour, 2018

     Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!
I only have this post and one more post left on my Christmas Home Tour for this year....

Today, I will be sharing my Den, decorated for Christmas!!!

But first, I want to Thank Bev, over at Eclectic Red Barn , for featuring my post, Victorian Style Christmas Tree and Village,  from last week's Over the Moon Linky Party!!!
Thanks so much, Bev!!

Please stop by and link up to this great party!!

The color theme of our Den is ivory, burgundy and blue and I carried that over into my Christmas decorations......

We will start directly to the left when you enter the Den for the Kitchen......
The mirrored door leads into a small storage room......

On the side of the door.....
When I bought this vintage looking mailbox at Michael's in October, I had planned on using it outside on the front porch but on second thought, I decided to use it in this room instead......
A wreath that I made hangs on this door.......
And a calender hangs on the door of the Pantry Closet....
This is the left side of the room......
This is my corner where I watch TV when Joe is watching his hockey games in the Living Rom......
Above the TV.......
Carolers on the shelves......
A swag that I made hangs above the picture.....
"Twas the night before Christmas....Not even a mouse was stirring"......
On each side of the TV are 2 Thomas Kinkade Christmas houses......
In the corner where the electrical box and old phone box is.......
A vintage style phone.......
On the end table in the corner.......
A Santa and a snowman that I bought at Burlington.......
Above my chair.......
The shelf.......
Victorian style Christmas plates........
And a vintage style Christmas book box......
On the shelf below the picture.......
More vintage style Christmas items.....
A pillow and a dapper looking snow man sits on the top of the chair......
The back door......
Angels hang on the curtain rod.....
A wreath that I made hangs on the door......
A Thomas Kinkade 4 Season clock with a Winter plate in it.....
A Santa and a Santa head.....
The right side of the room......
The 4 foot Christmas Tree in the Den......
I decorated it in ivory and burgundy......
It is topped off with a bow made from burgundy velvet  and music sheet ribbon......
Streamers of both ribbon hang down around the Tree......
Most of the ornaments on this Tree are Victorian style......
In colors of burgundy and ivory.......
There are also Thomas Kinkade ornaments on this Tree.......
And tea pot and tea cup ornaments.....
And a few candle like ornaments to give the Tree that Victorian look......
Burgundy velvet and burgundy gold glittered roses are tucked into this Tree.....
Ivory beaded garland with roses embossed on each bead is the garland that I used on this Tree....
There is a small village underneath the Tree with vintage Putz houses and a plastic Nativity scene just like the one I had as a child underneath the Tree that I decorated in our Sitting Room at the age of 9 years old!!
 I used an ivory tree skirt underneath the Tree this year,,,,,
On the side of the Tree on a burgundy velvet ottoman.......
Is an Old World Santa dressed in a burgundy velvet outfit bought at Sam's Club many years ago......
And a reindeer bought in Big Lot's last year,,,,,
Angels hang on the curtain rods of the 2 windows in the Den....
On the shelves between the windows is where I display a set of Charles Dicken's Christmas Carol figures that I bought probably 25 years ago in Boscov's!!
Over in this corner is my main computer in a computer armoire.......
On top of the computer armoire......
You can see snowmen on the shelf in the corner......
This year I decided to display a collection of angels here with a wood church that I bought about 10 years ago in Burlington.........
 A Thomas Kinkade house and a Thomas Kinkade candle ....
I also have my very 1st Praying Santa displayed here....My MIL made it for me in ceramics about 35 years ago!!
I have a collection of Praying Santa items displayed in the Living Room......
The blue angel is a Thomas Kinkade angel......
On a small table next to the computer armoire is my LED branch tree that I decorated a bit differently this year......
I hung a few Victorian style ornaments on the tree.......
 A small wreath that I made hangs on the wall behind the Tree......
 And the Tree is sitting in a deep red almost burgundy colored wagon that I bought in the Summer.....
On the shelf underneath......
In this corner of the room is where my Victorian Doll House, Nelson Crest is displayed!!
  If you would like to read the post I did about Nelson Crest and how I decorated it for Christmas this year, please click HERE

There is another chair next to the dollhouse........
A picture of Roy Nelson, the wonderful man who built my doll house sits on a shelf above the chair......
A few Winter pillows......
Next to the chair is my China Cabinet.......
And this is where I will leave off in this post and where I will pick up in my next post when I share how I decorated the China Cabinet for Christmas........
 So I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

However, if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Hugs,
Debbie
  I am linking up to these parties:

All Things Christmas Linky Party
 
THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Grace at Home Party

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
   Flaunt It Fridays
  Sweet Inspirations Link Party

 SATURDAY
 Saturday Sparks
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
The Fabulous Party


 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
Project Inspired Weekly Link Party
 Celebrate Your Story Monday Night Link Party! 
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase
Wow Us Wednesday


Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Deb. So bright, pretty and charming as are all your decorations. You have beautiful things and display them perfectly. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a festive space, Debbie! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails