I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Victorian Style Christmas Tree, Village and Tradition, Christmas Home Tour, 2018

   Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!
In today's post, I will be sharing what I consider our main Christmas Tree, the 7 foot Tree in the Living Room!!

And I will also be sharing the Village underneath it.....

But first, I want to Thank Bev, over at Across the Blvd., for featuring my post, Christmas in the Dining Room, Part 1, from last week's Beautifully Made Party!!
Thanks so much, Bev!!

The hosts of the Beautifully Made Link Party list their features each week in their newsletters.....
This is Tree is pretty much decorated the same way every year.....
I have amassed a large amount of Victorian style ornaments in red, green and gold over the years that I love to display on this Tree.....
 The Tree is topped with a gold vintage style Tree Topper......
And  bow made from ribbon with red and white striped candles on it......
An angel hangs at the top of the Tree.....

In true Victorian fashion before electric lights, Trees were decorated with candles that were only lit on Christmas Eve while someone stood by with a bucket of water  to throw on the Tree should it catch fire!!!
I was lucky enough to find red and white striped candle ornaments that clip to the Tree at J.C. penney's several years ago!!
I also have used gold candle ornaments bought at Michael's......
I will let the pictures do the talking.....
There are 2 different types of beaded garland on the Tree......
Gold and white......
And a red, green and gold beaded garland......
I also tucked gold glittered floral picks into the Tree....
I know some of you change up your Christmas Trees each year but I LOVE tradition when it comes
to Christmas so most of my decorations and decorated Trees are the same from year to year.....
To me, it is like seeing old friends again when I unpack my Christmas decorations.....

Many of them are quite sentimental to me.....

Like the Village that I set up under this Tree......
Most of the pieces of this Village were made by Lemax but there are a few other Brand pieces........
I started to collect pieces for this Village in 1981 when my oldest son was born.....
This church for instance was one of the first pieces I bought as going to church on Christmas Eve has always been one of our traditions......


The blue one on the left is Joseph's Seafood Steak Eatery.........
 Joe is known for making quite a good tasting lobster......
And we have a Post Office......
  Joe is a retired Letter Carrier of the United States Post Office......
And right next to the Post Office is a Wegman's store specially made by Lemax!!
Joe now works at Wegman's part time now that he is retired.......
The Town Park with a gazebo.....
There are Caroler's, a lit Christmas tree and even Santa and his sled.....
Over on the right side of the Village......
A Light House symbolizes the light houses that I visited while on vacation every year in Cape May and Wildwood, N.J......
 Next to the light house is a train station.......
I bought this when the Wilkes Barre City train station was open as a restaurant and night club....
We used to go to The Station, as it was called, on Sunday mornings for breakfast and wee able to eat in a dining car!!

Sadly, The Station is no longer in business......
To the left is a Country Store which I bought because of my love of shopping.....
  The blue Queen Anne Victorian signifies the House of my Dreams....A Queen Anne Victorian  with a wrap around porch.......
 And next to the Queen Anne is a Department Store ........Again , my love for shopping......
 And because the majority of these pieces were bought in a department store called Boscov's which originated in Penna.!
   
 It's a busy little village with all it's comings and goings!!
 But you see this is not just a Village......
It is our Village.......
For the last few years, I have surrounded the Village with a white vintage Plasticville fence.....
This fence reminds me of the fence that my Dad always put up around the little village that we had under our Tree when I was a child......


And every year as I lay on the floor setting up this village on the platform that my Dad made for me 40 years ago for my first Christmas after I married Joe, I can hear my Dad say....."That a Girl"!!

As long as I am physically able to, this Village with be part of our yearly Christmas Traditions......
I hope you enjoyed seeing my Victorian style Tree and hearing about why the Village underneath it is special to our family......
In my next post, I will be sharing the outside of our townhouse all decked out for Christmas.....
  I finally was able to finish decorating the outside last weekend and I have to say that it was the first time in 40 years that I did it in rain and in a quick storm of Hail!!!!
For the first time in decades, I did not have the outside decorating done before Thanksgiving and I had to forego our tradition of lighting the house up for the first time of the Christmas Season on Thanksgiving Day night this year!!
With 11 inches of snow or rain almost every day before Thanksgiving, I just could not get to it!!
I did things a bit differently this year and I will explain why in my next post!!

So I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

However, if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Hugs,
Debbie
  I am linking up to these parties:

All Things Christmas Linky Party 

 Happy Holidays Link Up Party
THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Grace at Home Party

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
   Flaunt It Fridays
  Sweet Inspirations Link Party

 SATURDAY
 Saturday Sparks
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
The Fabulous Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
Project Inspired Weekly Link Party
 Celebrate Your Story Monday Night Link Party! 
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase
Wow Us Wednesday


Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

15 comments:

  1. I love your Victorian Christmas. It brings back a lot of memories. I decorated a lot in the 90's and made Victorian decorations., before we had a Dollarstore in Canada. Maybe next yr. I make a Victorian Tree. I'm not home this Christmas and I still have my decorations. Thanks for sharing your beautiful tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really a winter wonderland! I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post, Debbie. There was just something so beautiful about those Victorian Christmases, wasn't there? Yours is just lovely...and I love the village, too. I think it is wonderful to hear your dad's voice as you set up the pieces he made for you.

    I hope you have a wonderful night- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Victorian inspired tree is beautiful, the candles were a delight. Today seeing all the detail in your amazing village was a joy. You took us on a inspirational tour around it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go girl! I too believe that if it ain't broke don't fix it and use the same decorations in the same place each year. I feel many bloggers just have to switch it up to get saves, but the average person doesn't live that way! Love the lavishness of your decorations! I am also not a "neutral" or "simple Christmas" decorator! Your porch is pretty great too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary,
      Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!! I could not find any other way to get in touch with you so I am doing so here!! Merry Christmas!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  6. Your Christmas village is a fairyland!!! Fabulous!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a gorgeous collection of Victorian decorations, Debbie! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, so pretty and elaborate. Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have decorated such a pretty victorian tree and village. Thanks for sharing them at Cooking and Crafting with J & J. Enjoy the week.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tree Debbie. Love all of the little decorations on it :) Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Victorian theme, Debbie. Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debbie, you are just the best. The love and care you take in decorating your home for each season just shines so brightly. And of course that love shines through most brightly at Christmas. WOW!

    Thanks so much for joining the Grace at Home party. I'm featuring you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Debbie,
    I love your Victorian tree with all of those lovely ornaments. You certainly know how to make your home beautiful. Please stop by Over The Moon Linky party since your are being featured.
    https://eclecticredbarn.blogspot.com/2018/12/over-moon-linky-party_16.html
    Have a wonderful day.
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails