I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Friday, December 21, 2018

Christmas China Cupboard in the Den, Christmas Home Tour, 2018

  Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!
Today, I will be sharing how I decorated the Den China Cupboard and the area around it for Christmas..........

This post will be the final post of my Christmas Home Tour showcasing the rooms in our townhouse.......

But I do have a few more Christmas posts for this Holiday Season to share.....

First, I want to Thank Stacey, over at Embracing Change,  for featuring my post, Christmas Front Porch and Yard, from last week's Creative Inspiration Linky Party!!!
Thanks so much, Stacey!!!

I also want to Thank Kathy, over at A Delightsome Life, for featuring my post, Winter Wonderland in the Powder Room, from last week's Home and Garden Thursday Party!!!

Thanks again, Kathy!!

Please stop by and link up to these wonderful parties!!!

As I mentioned before, I will be sharing how I decorated the Den China Cupboard and the area around it in this post......
I love to decorate this area for Christmas......
Let's take a look at the top of the China Cupboard......
I decorated a bit differently on top of the china cupboard this year......

I decided to display a few Santa's here this year......
A Santa sitting on a bench with a present......
 A Santa scene in the back ground......
 A few smaller Santa's and 2 vintage deer......
Another Santa in a cloche.....
And a pair of sled riders......
A Thomas Kinkade Calendar.......
I also changed things a bit inside and around the China Cupboard this year......
First, on a small table is a Victorian style feather Tree......
The vintage Tree topper was one I had as a child....
The ornaments on this Tree were bought at Michael's several years ago and depict children from the 1940's and 50's......
With 2 Victorian Caroler ornaments at the bottom of the Tree......
On the floor below the table are 2 Bearington Bears......
Hanging on the door of the china cupboard is a wreath that I made.......
And 2 angels........
Inside the cupboard is a Winter scene created with various vintage style figures.......
This year, I used different houses inside the cupboard.......
The top shelf......
I kept blue transfer ware plates and a red transfer ware sugar bowl and creamer inside the china cupboard.....
The house on this shelf was displayed on the suitcases around the base of the cupboard other years.....
The middle shelf......
On this shelf, 2 Avon Christmas plates are displayed.......
The house on this shelf was used in the Living Room other years......
The bottom shelf......
Again, 2 blue transfer ware plates and another red transfer ware sugar and creamer........
I have used the church on this shelf in this china cupboard other years.....
I like how it looks with the larger houses on the shelves......
Around the base are 2 stacked vintage suitcases.......
I love to use them for displays.....
This year, in addition to some of the vintage style figures, are Christmas Fairies that I bought a few years ago......
The smaller putz houses that I had displayed here other years were moved upstairs underneath the Tree in the Sitting Room.......
So I replaced the small houses with 2 of the houses that I had used other years in the china cupboard......
This one is surrounded by fairies........
More Fairies over on the other side........
On the bottom suitcase is another house that was once displayed in the cupboard in previous years.....
The celluloid reindeer were mine when I was a child........
Do you " Believe"?
I do!!
On the side of the china cupboard........
There is a little bit of "Farmhouse" going on.........
A Thomas Kinkade Christmas plate hangs on the wall above a corner shelf......
A doll dressed in burgundy velvet Victorian clothes ......
This Tree was one of the Trees from my neighbor Elly's House and decorated it simply with mitten ornaments.......
Next to the Tree in the red truck that I bought in the Summer.......
Is another Victorian doll..........
And a crock filled with a floral arrangement......
I guess you could say that this is Victorian meets Farmhouse!!!!

I hope you enjoyed seeing how I decorated this China Cupboard this year for Christmas.........
And that ends My Christmas Home Tour for this Year........

But wait........

Have you noticed that I have not been counting how many decorated Trees I have in our house this year??????

Truth be told, I had no idea how many I was going to end up with!!

In my next post, I will be revealing the amount of decorated Trees that I have for this year as we take a little tour through our whole house.....

So I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

However, if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Hugs,
Debbie
  I am linking up to these parties:

All Things Christmas Linky Party

 SATURDAY
 Saturday Sparks
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
The Fabulous Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
Project Inspired Weekly Link Party
 Celebrate Your Story Monday Night Link Party! 
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase
Wow Us Wednesday

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Grace at Home Party

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
   Flaunt It Fridays
  Sweet Inspirations Link Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

3 comments:

  1. how joyful your house is I am sure you enjoy every minute you are in your wonderfully decorated home.
    Merry Christmas
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every year I am amazed at your Christmas decor - not only by the amount of it, but also by how you manage to style it all so beautifully - every corner of your home is pure delight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your visit and kind words!!! Merry Christmas!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails