I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Sitting Room Christmas Tree and Vignettes, Chirstmas Home Tour, 2016

In my last 2 posts, we went outside to take a look at how I decorated the front porch....
Click HERE if you missed that post....
And how I decorated the front yard.......
Click HERE if you missed that post.......

Today, I am sharing one of 3 Trees in my "New" Sitting Room and a few Christmas vignettes.....
But first, I want to Thank Kathryn, over at The Dedicated House, for featuring my post, Christmas in the Master Bedroom, as the 4th Most Viewed Post from last week's Make It Pretty Party, in her post, The Sunday Showcase!!
Thanks so much, Kathryn!!

I also want to Thank the hosts of the Tips and Tricks Party for featuring the same post, Christmas in the Master Bedroom, as the  Most Clicked on post from last week's party!!
Thanks so much, Krysta (KrystaSteen.com), Kathleen (Fearlessly Creative Mammas), Gabby (Not Too Shabby Gabby), Cassie (Southeast by Midwest) and Jessica (My Life by Jess)!!!

Please take some time to stop by and link u to these great parties!!
Over the Summer, I changed the Guest Room into a Sitting Room by getting rid of the single bed and replacing it with a new swivel rocker/recliner!!

I also painted all the furniture white..........

The 6 foot white Tree, which once stood over by the window, is now in this corner......
 A wash stand is to the left of the Tree.......
  It also got a new coat of white pain in the Summer......
This Tree is decorated using bright colors like purple, aqua, green and deep pink........
This is Tree #7
The "window" mirror reflects the Tree and the rest of the room nicely....
This Tree was decorated as my Patriotic Tree in the Living Room during the Summer.....
When I moved it here to the Sitting Room, I realized that most of the lights that were attached to the Tree were out.

This is one reason why I HATE Pre Lit Trees because once the lights don't work, you have to cut all those lights off .

And I always have had to add more lights to my Trees anyway to get them lit to my liking.

This was one of 4 trees that I had to take off the pre lit lights from this Season!! UGH!!

I topped this Tree with a bow made from 3 different type of bright colored ribbons........
And a matching vintage like Topper that I bought several years ago in Target after Christmas.....
There are also some vintage glass ornaments on this Tree.....
And some sentimental ones like both my son's Baby's 1st Christmas ornaments.....
And some cute figure ornaments that were bought at Michaels over the years......
Even a few vintage putz houses........
I also used 3 different colors of beaded garland........green, aqua and deep pink....
Underneath the Tree, is a Christmas Fairy Village.....
If you missed the post on how I changed my Fairy Garden houses into Christmas Houses, please click HERE......
I did buy Christmas Fairies and Elves for the village in Big Lot's this year.....
Now, when I sit in my new recliner......
 I can enjoy this brightly decorated Tree!!
I am going to do an Evening Tour showing the whole house all lit up at night but I wanted to give you a sneak peak of this Tree.....
I just love it!!
To the right of the Tree, is a Tea Cup Shelf.........
And underneath that shelf is a little table........
I placed a lighted angel on top of the table.......
Next to the table on the bistro chair is a Santa Head......
With a basket of pink poinsettias and a white putz house on the floor beneath it......
Over on the bookcases.......
On top of this bookcase that my Dad made are a vintage pieces of Plasticville.......
These remind me of how my Dad decorated the platform under my childhood Tree....
The chalk people figures were my mother's as a child and she would be 97 years old if she was alive.....
The barn and some of the animals actually did belong to my parent's and I was able to play with them as a child before the Tree was decorated.....
The blue and white cottage also belonged to my parent's......
The other pieces were bought at a Flea Market......
On the smaller bookcase, is a small ceramic Tree......
This was given to me by a neighbor.........
I chose to display it in this room because of the bright colored lights......
I am glad that I can sit and enjoy this room decorated for Christmas this year because of the addition of a recliner and the removal of the bed.........
In my next post, I will be sharing how I decorated my newly painted faux fire place......
I think the decorations look so much better on it now that it is painted white......
I will also be showing you 2 more Trees , making the count 9 Trees that are decorated upstairs.......

( There are 11 decorated Trees downstairs)

So I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE THE TOUR.........

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie
  I am linking up to these parties:

 Fabulous Craft and Decorating Party

12 Days of Holiday Homes Link Up Party 

Creating Christmas Linky Parties:Vignettes

 Creating Christmas Linky Parties:Christmas Trees

 Countdown to Christmas Linky Party

Wrapping Up the Holidays Linky Party!!

DIY Christmas Linky Party

Five Star Frou Frou Party-permanently open, link up anytime!!

Wake Up Wednesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Creative Sparks Link Party
The Homesteader Hop
Dagmar's Home Linky Party 

THURSDAY
The Homemaking Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party
 Creative Ways Link Party
 Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Creative Exchange

FRIDAY
Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Friday's Five Features Party 

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Blue Monday
Make It Pretty Monday

TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
Tuesdays At Our Home
Brag About It Tuesday Linky Party
Let's Talk Vintage 
Turn It Up Tuesday



Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

15 comments:

  1. Your faux fireplace is just gorgeous this year Debbie! I love the new white color and your garland is so pretty. We are taking all the wedding decorations down to the church tomorro afternoon and will have everything decorated in time for the ceremony Friday evening. hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is just beautiful especially the white tree. I love everything about it, the ornaments, bow and the vintage topper. It reminds me of the trees I grew up with. I agree with you about those pre lit trees and the lights going out but I hate dealing with the lights anyway. Merry Christmas season to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty room. I love your little village. We added our vintage train under tonight.
    Well the grandson did. He loved crawling around under the tree!
    I always love visiting! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the ornaments sure do pop against that white tree don't they and neat to have the beads for the garland around it. Love your fairy village underneath, I saw in Michael's store the other day they have a whole fairy Christmas section and I thought of you when I saw it :) You have created a lovely sitting room

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your white tree! The ornaments look so beautiful against those pretty branches. Your tree is so full and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous ornaments! The white tree and the pretty village are my favourite
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. This tree is stunning Debbie! Love the ornaments. I can't believe how many trees you decorate. I have always loved that barn! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie, this is probably my favorite tree of yours--its the colors I love! Thank you for sharing @Vintage Charm--pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tree is gorgeous Debbie. I love the ornaments. Thank you for sharing at Dishing it and Digging it link party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful tree Debbie. Love all the different ornaments on your tree. I could spend ages gazing at it, it is so beautiful :) Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sitting room tree is so pretty. I love all the vintage ornaments, especially the Santa head one. Christmas must be so fun at your home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debbie your home looks so festive and inviting! I look forward to your Christmas décor every year...it so makes me smile. Those Chalk people are so adorable, I don't think I have ever seen any before. I opted for a white Christmas tree this year with the lodge theme. Happy Holidays to you and Joe Lisa@ Sweet Tea N' Salty Air

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are truly in your element at Christmas. I hope you are finished decorating and can sit back and enjoy it all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Debbie, I love your gorgeous white Christmas tree and you did a great job decoration it and your house! Wishing you a Merry Christmas.
    Thanks too for sharing this at C&C with J&J.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love looking at your photos!!

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails