I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Christmas in the Master Bedroom, Christmas Home Tour, 2016

Christmas decorations in the Master Bedroom is pretty much a tale of 2 Trees..........

This is Tree #3.......
 I have 20 + decorated Trees of all sizes in our townhouse this year.....

 This one I call my Victorian Lady Tree.......
 This is the second year that I have used this tree in an urn but this year, I painted the urn, which was originally black, gold....
 The gold fits in so much better with my decor....

This is "my" Tree because it is decorated in the Victorian Style that I love.......
This Tree is decorated with Victorian Style ornaments like purses......
Hats.........
Shoes.....
Dress forms......
Ladies in Hats......
Even a vanity........
A pretty pink and gold shimmering bow tops the Tree........
With streamers flowing down........


Gloves......
Everything that a Victorian Lady would need.......

And it is topped off with Victorian like peacock feathers like feathers on a beautiful Victorian hat!!

 This table will be painted in the Spring along with the entire bedroom set which was my Mother's.......

Around the bottom of the Tree....
 A Bride and Groom in a gold frame...part of my instant ancesters ( meaning no relation to me but bought at a yard sale)
A burgundy velvet evening bag with an embellished hanky......

Gloves with a pretty brooch......
A lovely tea cup with a beg of tea in a lace bag......
A pretty Victorian Doll Head ornaments and another dainty hanky......
 Completing "My" Tree in our bedroom........
 Giving Joe equal time here........

Over on the opposite side of the room, is Joe's Pittsburgh corner......
 Joe is an avid Pittsburgh Steelers and Pittsburgh Penguins fan......
We also have Season tickets to the Pittsburgh Penguins AHL team, The Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins, who play at the arena located about 5 minutes from our house.......

Every year, I decorate a Pittsburgh Tree for Joe.......
 I used a different Tree this year.... a small feather type of Tree........

Tree #4
Let's start over in the left hand corner.......
I have been lucky enough to find Team ornaments in our local stores......

A stocking and a hockey player hang from the shelf above the desk........

Joe's Penguin Hockey lamp.........
On the desk........

A framed photo of Joe with Tux, the Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins mascot who Joe booked to make an appearance at our Church Festival one year..........
Penguin Team mini Nutcrackers, a Pittsburgh Steeler's Santa and a snowman hockey player.........

Joe 's Tree sits on a Pittsburgh Steeler's place mat made by a friend of ours.......
It is decorated with ornaments from both teams.......


It is topped with a tiny red bow.......
Here is a close up look of the ornaments......
The Tree is lighted with a set of battery operated LED fairy lights...........

At the base of the Tree..........

 A Christmas hockey puck and a Penguin candle holder......
Over on the right hand side.......
Ornaments also hang from the shelf above on this side too......
This hand crafted Pittsburgh Penguins Tree was bought at a local Crafter's Co Op and I since I will be leaving this on display year round, I am not counting it as a Christmas Tree......
Around the base of this Tree.......

More Penguin's Hockey ornaments and mini Nutcrackers.......
You can see that I also placed a few gold ball ornaments on top of the desk.......

Even a Penguin's Santa cap is hanging from Joe's special team chair that I made for him!!

Since I am still working and work night shift where I have to sleep during the day, these are the only Christmas decorations in our bedroom for now........

   I may add more when I retire in a few years but time will tell......

Up next on the tour of our home decorated for Christmas , will be the decorations in the Upstairs Bathroom and Hallway which I did add more decorations to this year.......
 So I hope you will come back and visit  again ..........

CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE THE TOUR.....

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie
  I am linking up to these parties:

 Fabulous Craft and Decorating Party

 12 Days of Holiday Homes Link Up Party 

 Creating Christmas Linky Parties:Christmas Trees

 Countdown to Christmas Linky Party

Wrapping Up the Holidays Linky Party!!

DIY Christmas Linky Party

Five Star Frou Frou Party-permanently open, link up anytime!!

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Blue Monday
Make It Pretty Monday

TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
Tuesdays At Our Home
Brag About It Tuesday Linky Party
Let's Talk Vintage 
Turn It Up Tuesday

Wake Up Wednesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Creative Sparks Link Party
The Homesteader Hop
Dagmar's Home Linky Party 

THURSDAY
The Homemaking Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party
 Creative Ways Link Party
 Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Creative Exchange

FRIDAY
Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Friday's Five Features Party 



Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

15 comments:

  1. Your Christmas tours always make me dream. The victorian tree is my favourite... So rich of beautiful and charming decors
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, you must be a bundle of energy because of all the decorating you do. I'm not going to get a lot done this year due to health issues but I always enjoy coming by to see yours. My hubby is a Detroit fan and he has a few ornaments but no where near the collection your Joe has. It's so nice that you and Joe have so many similar interests. I'm sure he's enjoying his retirement too. Have a wonderful week, my friend.

    Hugs,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing at Best of the Weekend! 20+ trees! WOW! I love that you each have your own special trees that are so meaningful and personal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Victorian and the peacock feathers are a neat idea for the top, that photo you found is perfect to put under the tree. Neat your hubby has his own with all his fan stuff too, our home is totally a mix of mine and my husbands styles :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your Victorian tree! Beautiful, cool that the hubby had his own tree! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love all of your trees. I am from Pittsburgh so I also love Joe's tree. My grandson is a Pittsburgh hockey fan. I would go nuts with all of those things. That tree is great.
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was thinking of putting a tree up in our bedroom this year but knew my husband would not like that. I've been looking for a small tree to put in our dining room instead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A true beauty in Victorian style! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely tree Debbie, love all you penguin themed things too, lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the peacock feathers! What a unique and lovely tree, Debbie. Thanks for sharing your holiday decor with us at Snickerdoodle. Pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie, I love your Victorian tree! Thank you for sharing! You are one of the fan favorites at the Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to the Showcase so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2016/12/sunday-showcase-make-pretty-monday-7-9.html Hope to see you tomorrow for Make it Pretty Monday! Happy week to you! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debbie, thank your for sharing your beautiful trees with us @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your Christmas style. It's kind of feminine meets vintage meets Christmas! Thanks for sharing this at the Funtastic Friday blog hop!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails