I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Monday, November 28, 2016

Christmas in the Upstairs Bathroom, Christmas Home Tour, 2016

  In this post, I will be sharing how I decorated the upstairs Bathroom for Christmas......

But first, I want to Thank Karren, over at Oh My Heartsie Girl, for featuring my post, Been Updating Some of my Outside Christmas Decorations, from last week's Friday Feature Linky Party!!
 

 Thanks so much , Karren!!

I also want to Thank the hosts of Snickerdoodle Create, Make and Bake Linky Party, for featuring the same post, Been Updating Some of my Outside Christmas Decorations, as the Most Clicked On from last week's party!!
 Thanks so much to  Beverly, over at Across the Boulevard, Laurie, over at My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies, Sharon, over at The Willow House, and Donna , Two Chicks and a Mom!

Please stop by these wonderful blogs and link up to these great parties!!!

 I have decorated the Upstairs Bathroom, which I always say is the smallest bathroom known to man, for several years now and this only proves that you can set up a Tree in any room......
This Tree sits on top of the shelf unit that fits over the toilet!!

Yep, that is the only place where I can display a Tree in this tiny Bathroom!!
 Tree #5

There are 20 + Trees in our townhouse decorated for Christmas this year....

The colors of my upstairs bathroom are purple, green and beige so the colors that I used in my Christmas decorating are purple, green and gold.........
I like hanging wreaths on the inside doors of the house........

This is the bathroom door.....
I made this wreath a few years ago..........
This year, I wanted a bit more gold to it so I looked in my stash of craft items and found gold ornament picks that I bought at The Dollar Tree last year and added them to the wreath.....
I hung a stocking that I embellished from the wreath along with a purple ornament.....
I bought a bunch of stockings on clearance at Burlington one year for $1.00 each and this lovely gold velvet stocking was one of them.....
 I think I might actually have some purple beads that I might want to add too!!

When you walk into the bathroom, you see the Tree......

This small potted Tree is perfect here......
I made a bow out of gold and purple ribbon for the top of the Tree.....
This Tree is decorated with ornaments that I bought on Clearance after Christmas one year......
I tucked gold poinsettias bought at Dollar Tree into the Tree.......
I also decorated a bit around the base of the Tree......
Over on the left side is a purple vase filled with gold glittery poinsettias and purple berries......
An ornament of purple gift packages.....
In front of the Tree is another ornament with a cute Santa scene......
I placed purple ornaments on top of the shelf unit but had to place them in little dishes because they kept rolling off and I was afraid they would fall in the toilet!!

LOL!!
Over on the right side, is a brass candle holder that normally rests in this same place........

All I did is tuck a few gold berries into the candle ring to glam it up a bit........
The purple putz house that lights up was bought at Jo Ann Fabric last year.......
I wanted to add a bit of Christmas to the sink area so I simply replaced the flowers in a small purple vase with a gold poinsettia and a purple berry pick......
There are 2 sets of battery operated purple LED lights on the Tree......
I will be eventually be doing an Evening Tour of our house with all the lights lit so you will see more of this Tree then.....

Up next on the Tour is the upstairs Hallway which I did decorate a bit more this year than in the past......

So I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE THE TOUR.......

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie
  I am linking up to these parties:

 Fabulous Craft and Decorating Party

 12 Days of Holiday Homes Link Up Party 

 Creating Christmas Linky Parties:Christmas Trees 

Creating Christmas Linky Parties: Crafting and Cooking 

 Countdown to Christmas Linky Party

Wrapping Up the Holidays Linky Party!!

DIY Christmas Linky Party

Five Star Frou Frou Party-permanently open, link up anytime!!

TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
Tuesdays At Our Home
Brag About It Tuesday Linky Party
Let's Talk Vintage 
Turn It Up Tuesday

Wake Up Wednesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Creative Sparks Link Party
The Homesteader Hop
Dagmar's Home Linky Party 

THURSDAY
The Homemaking Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party
 Creative Ways Link Party
 Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Creative Exchange

FRIDAY
Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Friday's Five Features Party 

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Blue Monday
Make It Pretty Monday




Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

20 comments:

  1. Just stopping by and taking a moment to see what you've been up to. I hope I will soon pull myself out of this slump and get back to posting on my little blog and visiting on a regular basis with all my favorite bloggers. You are, of course, at the top of my list, sweet Debbie. You bathroom is gorgeous and so regal with the gold and purple theme. Needless to say, I adore your latest Putz house! I am hoping your holiday season is a beautiful one and one that includes many blessings.I will be thinking of you, Joe, the boys and your beautiful daughter-in-law as you celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course the purple is perfect with that bathroom. That wall paper is darling. I love the little cottage. So cute. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your royal purple and gold really rock! The purple putz house looks perfect with your whole vignette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW such beautiful elegant colors! I love everything! Don't you just love decorating for the holidays. Hope you are having fun. I am decorating at Tea Cottage Pretties as well. Love this time of the year. Hope you are doing well. Hugs, Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the purple and gold in your bathroom! The tree is perfectly nestled above the toilet too. Looks like it is all coming together and I can't believe you have 20 trees in your home!! I have 4 and my husband thinks it is enough LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the purple. It look so festive and colorful. You did a great job my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see by the comments that I am late in saying that the PURPLE is stunning. Wondering where I can add a little purple to my Christmas décor... :) Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The purple ornaments and decors are perfect for your romantic and victorian bathroom
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. The purple is not a color I think of for Christmas, but it's really fun Deb! 20 trees, I would be exhausted! Good for you!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for linking up at the Homesteader blog hop! Love your style and colors!! I think your bathroom is my fav out of the three! Love victorian decor!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think gold and purple together always makes me think of royalty and this is just that, so neat that you are able to fit such a pretty tree in a little area, and how you have even added a bit of it to the sink area too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love the purple and gold. Everything so festive.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Purple and gold are such warm rich colours for your Christmas theme #CreativeMondays

    ReplyDelete
  14. What gorgeous colors for your Christmas theme. Thank you for sharing at Dishing it and Digging it link party.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The purple and gold color pairing is so pretty! Thanks for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The purple is a pretty color for this time of year! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how you literally decorate every corner! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Debbie,
    A stunning tree for a small space. Beautiful job. Thank you for sharing at Monday Social.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love these colours together, they look so pretty :) Thanks for sharing at last weeks Creative Mondays party Debbie, you are one of this weeks features :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails