I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Been Updating Some of my Outside Christmas Decorations!!


 I am going to give you a bit of a sneak peak of our outside Christmas decorations for this year as I did make a few little changes.......

Last year, I bought new garland at Big Lot's and added it in with the old garland that I had for 10 plus years which was falling apart.....
It will still hold up for this year around the front door but I will be looking for a plain evergreen garland to use as the base for the fancier garland that I bought last year....

In the mean time, I moved the garland that was on the front railing and exposed to the elements the most, over to the railing between our front porch and my neighbor's ( remember I live in a townhouse).
It doesn't look too bad......

I then took garland that I once used on the railing going up my stairs inside the house and combined that garland with the new one I bought last year......
I like the way it came out and it looks fairly natural.....

I also wrapped the base of the mailbox that I moved from the back yard to the front yard, with the same combined garland......
I bought new red velvet ribbon both last year and this year at Michael's so I made all new bows......

I also used the new garland around the lantern and the top of the bench.......
At Target, a few weeks ago, I bought this wooden letter, "B"........
You may remember this sled from previous years......
Last year, I decided to paint a "B" for our last name on this sled......

When I mentioned it to Joe, he noticed this "B" when we were in Target and asked if that would work!!

Now did I train him well or what??????

So I painted the B with black spray paint and used E6000 glue to attached it to the sled after giving the sled a fresh coat of paint.......

Looks pretty good I think!!!
I then decided to display it here this year......
It can be seen from our parking lot in front of our houses......
This is how it looks once I decorated the light post.......
Last year, I redid the wreaths that I use on the windows after I took them down ........
But when I got them out this year, I thought they looked a bit plain.......
 So I added some holly berry and pine cone picks to them.......

They apparently look so natural that a few birds have been seen on the wreaths trying to pick the berries off!!!!
Last year, I also re-did the wreath on the front door......
I display this wooden reindeer that my oldest son Joe made for me in Cub Scouts on the front porch but I noticed that the red velvet poinsettia pot that I bought in Michael's many years ago, was really looking a bit weathered..........

This is how it looked 3 years ago and believe me, it didn't look like this when I unpacked it this year!!
So I took it apart and found some greenery in my stash and re- did the pot that I use inside the reindeer planter.......
.
Again, you can see I am going with a natural look........
 I also gave the reindeer a new bow to match all the others....

I also gave my childhood sled, which has graced our porch for many a Winter Season, a new look too.....

This is how it looked last year......
I took off every thing and started from scratch and this is how it looks now.....
 I made a whole new swag out of faux greenery that I had, used one a Winter sign that says" "Welcome to the Warming House" and since I leave this sled out all Winter, used a bow made from gold tinted burlap ribbon......
 I re-hung the skates a bit lower , added gloves and re-strung a set of lights with green wire instead of the white wired ones which found a place on my white park bench.....
 So here is my updated childhood sled.......
 For several years, I was using a combination of real and fake greenery in the pots in front of the railing.....
This year, I mentioned to Joe that I wanted him to look for some nice evergreen trees while out on his walks to use in these pots......

He came back with these lovely branches from a few trees right behind us in the woods........
I liked them so much that I decided to fill the pots using nothing but these branches.......
I really love the way they look........
Great job, Joe!!
I also placed some in a smaller pot to place in front of my chippy angel that I placed on a pot to add a little height to the angel......
And I accidentally took this photo of Joe surveying the whole process!!!
LOL!!!!

Soon, I will be sharing how the entire outside of our house looks decorated for Christmas...

We may be getting a bit of snow in a few days so I hope to take my photos then......

According to our tradition, we do not light up the front of our house at night until Thanksgiving evening, signaling the start of the Christmas Season.....

Next up, I will be sharing my Craft Room Tree.....

So I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie

   I am linking up to these parties:

Christmas in July Linky Party

Creating Christmas Linky Parties: Crafting and Cooking

Wrapping Up the Holidays Linky Party!!

DIY Christmas Linky Party

Five Star Frou Frou Party-permanently open, link up anytime!!

Fabulous Craft and Decorating Party 

Wake Up Wednesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Creative Sparks Link Party
The Homesteader Hop
Dagmar's Home Linky Party 

THURSDAY
The Homemaking Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party
 Creative Ways Link Party
 Inspired Creations Linky Party
 Thoughts of Home on Thursday
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Creative Exchange

FRIDAY
Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Friday's Five Features Party 

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
 
MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Blue Monday
Make It Pretty Monday
Monday Social Party

TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
Tuesdays At Our Home
Brag About It Tuesday Linky Party
Let's Talk Vintage 
Turn It Up Tuesday



Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

25 comments:

  1. I love how your sled with the B came out. I need to do that since I'm a B too. =)

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your front porch is really pretty. The welcome to the Warming House sleigh is truly gorgeous. I love how you added a glove to the skates. It is all very very nice. I enjoyed reading your blog. My hubby relaxes and looks at me like "it makes her happy, why?" I think you husband has the same look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty porch Debbie. The skates and sled are lovely. A truly wonderful Christmas inspiration. Thank you as always for sharing at DI&DI.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Debbie, I loved your decorations. Sweet greetings!
    kisses:))

    xxBasia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the sled with the letter, Debbie. Thanks for sharing your "updating". Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Best wishes, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with your sleds! It's so nice that you still have the one from your childhood to decorate and cherish. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, I love all the updating you did. Every year, I say I'm going to do it and never do. Thanks for the inspiration! I love the new look on all your beautiful decorations! Thank you again for always stopping by with your inspiring projects, I love them all!
    Hugs, Jody♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie your entry area looks so inviting. I especially love the sled that was yours as a child. The front door wreath is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Christmas decorations are so pretty! =)

    I really like your updated childhood sled!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie, you have been busy! I love both of the sleds. Mixing the greenery really made for a nice full look! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. The sled came out so nice, very well done! I love all of your decors. Your front porch looks fabulous
    HUgs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your front is just Awesome!! I think I may like it even more than the inside :) You have trained him well and good eye for catching that letter it looks great on the sled, and my favorite wreath has got to be the one on your front door. We are the same way, no turning on light until after Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Debbie, I really love that you have your childhood sled as Christmas decor. Your update is charming and I pinned it! Thank you for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Joe is so sweet to think of you when he's shopping...he's a keeper for sure. Love the way you freshened your sled...looks great! hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well you have put me in the holiday mood!

    ReplyDelete
  16. First up, I've never seen a blog totally dedicated to Christmas- that is awesome! Especially love the old sled and skates. Great decor ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by!! I could not get in touch with you any other way so I responded here. There is a list of other Christmas blogs on my side bar to the right if you are interested in checking out more blogs dedicated to only Christmas.....
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  17. Wonderful decorations Debbie, as always, and are being featured on Friday Features this week!
    Happy Holidays!
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  18. Debbie, your outdoor Christmas decor is wonderful. I'm happy to let you know that this was the Most Clicked Feature from last week's Snickerdoodle Create~Bake~Make Party! It will be featured on all of the co-hosts blogs at today's party! Thanks so much for partying with us!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on being the "Most Clicked" at Snickerdoodle last week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Replies
    1. Hey Debbie! Just stopping by to let you know that I featured this lovely post that you shared at the Wrapping UP the Holidays Link Party. I love your Christmas decor!

      Delete
    2. Hey Debbie! Just stopping by to let you know that I featured this lovely post that you shared at the Wrapping UP the Holidays Link Party. I love your Christmas decor!

      Delete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails