I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Sitting Room Christmas "Fire Place", Christmas Home Tour 2016

In this post, I will be sharing how I decorated my Faux Fireplace in the Sitting Room........

In my previous post, I showed you how I decorated the 6 foot white Tree in this room.......
And I also shared some Christmas vignettes in this room......
If you missed that post, please click HERE........

When I turned this room into a Sitting Room, I painted all the furniture white......

My faux fire place looked like this last year for Christmas......
This is how it looked after I painted it and added some wood embellishments.......
And this is how it looks decorated for Christmas this year........
What a difference a little paint makes.........

Let's take a closer look at the "mantel".........
In the center of the "mantel" is a small white Tree..........
I bought this Tree in Penney's a few years ago..........
This is Tree #8..........
I decorated it with ornaments in the same bright colors as the larger Tree........
Deep Pink, green and aqua......
It is topped with a bow made from 2 different ribbons in the same colors.......
And a vintage glass topper.........
On the "mantel", I set up a Snow Village............
The left side..........
I used a cake plate for some elevation........
The large tree was bought at Penney's several years ago and the aqua bottle brush tree was bought at Target a few weeks ago........
The 2 large churches were bought at Target a few years ago for 75% off..........$5.00 each!!!!
The snow men were bought at Boscov's a few years ago........
Some vintage putz houses........
The right side......
I hung a white garland........
And decorated it with ornaments in the same bright colors.........
And some vintage glass ornaments......
A deep pink garland.......
A bow in the center.......
A Santa Head hangs in the center......
2 large deep pink ornaments in each side.......
I also decorated a bit in the "firebox"..........
The larger Tree is reflected in the mirror in the "firebox".....
To the left is a lamp and a pair of ice skates.........
In the center is Tree #9..........
It is decorated with 2 different types of garland, a vintage glass topper and a set of battery operated Fairy Lights............
On the right side is an angel.......
On the "hearth".......
 My 2 son's Cabbage Patch dolls sit on each side........
 Mr. and Mrs. Bear are sitting and having a Christmas Tea Party......
On the door is a wreath that I made........
I will be doing an Evening Tour closer to Christmas but here is a sneak peak .........
And that completes my Tour of the Upstairs of our home ........

In my next post, we will be going downstairs and I will be showing you how I decorated 2 Trees in the Living Room........

Tree #10........
 and my Christmas Village.........
 And Tree #11 .......
So I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE THE TOUR........

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie
  I am linking up to these parties:

 12 Days of Holiday Homes Link Up Party 

 Fabulous Craft and Decorating Party

Countdown to Christmas Linky Party 

Wrapping Up the Holidays Linky Party!!

DIY Christmas Linky Party

Five Star Frou Frou Party-permanently open, link up anytime!!

FRIDAY
Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Friday's Five Features Party 

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Blue Monday
Make It Pretty Monday

TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
Tuesdays At Our Home
Brag About It Tuesday Linky Party
Let's Talk Vintage 
Turn It Up Tuesday

Wake Up Wednesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Creative Sparks Link Party
The Homesteader Hop
Dagmar's Home Linky Party 

THURSDAY
The Homemaking Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party
 Creative Ways Link Party
 Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Creative Exchange



Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

9 comments:

  1. Always magical, fairy ornaments and romantic atmosphere. You inspire me a lot
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is magic indeed, Debbie. You must have worked so hard.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the fireplace white, it let's you see everything on and around it better I think. like how you have decorated the garland and with the wreath to match :) The tree and candle in the fireplace is a neat idea too. I also love the way your sconces are framed to, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fireplace looks wonderful in white. It stand out more. Looking at the pretty white tree I cannot figure out how you got your Christmas bulbs lined up so symmetrically. That really makes the tree POP.

    The effort you put into you home really shows Debbie. Spectacular one of a kind.

    Thank you for sharing it. Merry Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderland for sure. Love the bears tea party. I need to take some pictures of my Christmas stuff I finally got up. You put me to shame. I love looking at all of your pretties.
    betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pinks, purples, turquoise colours (and the rest) always look amazing together don't the Debbie. Beautiful decorations. Thanks so much for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the garland on your mantel! So colorful and festive! Thanks for sharing all of your amazing decorations with us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your house is like a museum! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful, Debbie! Love the ornament garland on the mantel and the sparkly Putz houses! Thank you for sharing @Vintage Charm--pinned!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails