I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Saturday, December 10, 2016

A Tale of 2 Christmas Trees and a Villlage in the Living Room, Christmas Home Tour, 2016

In this post, I will be sharing the 2 Trees in the Living Room and the Living Room Village......
Tree # 10
Each room in our small townhouse is decorated in a different theme and color scheme......

Red, gold and green is the color scheme and a Victorian style Christmas is the theme for the Living Room.........
This Tree is the Tree that I have used in the Dining Room for the past several years.......

After giving my old Living Room Tree to our son, Jim, this 7 foot slim tree is now the Living Room Tree........

I topped the Tree off with a bow made from ribbon with Victorian style candles on it........
  I was lucky enough to find candle ornaments for the Tree to match the ribbon........
  A gold glass topper and gold glitter branches also top off the Tree......
 An angel hangs at the top of the Tree......
 This tree is decorated with Victorian style ornaments.......
 Gold and white beaded garland......
Along with the red and white striped candles, gold and red candle ornaments......
Red and green beaded garland......
Gold glittered branches are also tucked into the Tree......
 Before electricity, Christmas trees were lit for only a short period of time on Christmas Eve with candles and there was a bucket of water always handy to throw on the Tree in case it caught fire!!!

I really like this slim Tree in the corner here......
It has given me the opportunity to arrange my Christmas Village a bit differently because more of the platform is now not under the Tree!!
I decided to put the church up on a "hillside" in the left hand corner......
I like how it over looks the village.....
There is a nativity scene, choir boys that remind me of the ones that my parents once had and carolers outside the church......
Below the church is the Post Office......
And the train station....
A Queen Anne Victorian house that is my dream house......
A Country Store.....
The Village park with a lighted Tree......
And since Joe is in Wegman's so often, we thought it was only fitting to buy a Wegman's Store made by Lemax on clearance last year......
A light house sits up on a cliff.....
Below is a seafood restaurant named "Joseph's" bought because Joe makes one mean lobster tail!!
And Carrington's Department Store.....
This Village has special meaning for us, not only because of specific pieces that mean something to our family but because I started collecting pieces of the Lemax Village when it was first produced with my oldest piece dated 1981, the year my oldest was born......
Every year, I try to add a small piece since I have run out of room.......
I am the one who sets up the village, laying on the floor under the Tree and on the platform, bringing back the memory of my Dad doing the same thing setting up the Village under my child hood Tree....

I still have some of those pieces from my childhood village and they are proudly displayed in our sitting room.....
If you missed that post, please click HERE.....

And as I am laying there trying to put together this Village of mine, I hear my Dad saying to me, "That a Girl!!"

The 2nd Tree in the Living Room sits on top of a Victorian Style chair in the corner by the stairs...........
 
It is a 4 foot Tree in an urn......
Tree #11.....
 You can see ornaments on this Tree all around it because of where it is displayed......
  This Tree is topped off with a bow made out of the same ribbon as the large Tree.....
And is decorated with vintage glass ornaments......
A vintage looking gold and silver tinsel garland bought at Target several years ago.....
There is also a clear beaded garland on this Tree....
And there are 2 sets of  LED white ball type lights.......
Gold stars bought at Target .......
I spray painted the urn, which was originally black, gold this year to fit in with my decor.....
I hoped you enjoyed seeing my Living Room Trees and Village......

In my next post, I will be sharing the rest of the Living Room, decorated fro Christmas.....
So I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE THE TOUR.......

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie
  I am linking up to these parties:

12 Days of Holiday Homes Link Up Party 

Fabulous Craft and Decorating Party 

 Creating Christmas Linky Parties:Christmas Trees

Countdown to Christmas Linky Party

Wrapping Up the Holidays Linky Party!!

DIY Christmas Linky Party

Five Star Frou Frou Party-permanently open, link up anytime!!

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Blue Monday
Make It Pretty Monday

TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
Tuesdays At Our Home
Brag About It Tuesday Linky Party
Let's Talk Vintage 
Turn It Up Tuesday

Wake Up Wednesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Creative Sparks Link Party
The Homesteader Hop
Dagmar's Home Linky Party 

THURSDAY
The Homemaking Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party
 Creative Ways Link Party
 Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Creative Exchange

FRIDAY
Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Friday's Five Features Party 
Sweet Inspirations Link Party

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks



Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

16 comments:

  1. Oh how pretty. I love the villages under the tree. The sea food shack is cool. I remember was in Valentines Day the lobster roll post. Maybe it was your anniversary. Doesn't seem that long.
    Anyway your post and trees are lovely. What is the tree count. I've lost count.
    I added a new one today. I'll be sharing next week! Oh the suspense huh? HeHe.
    Well thank you. Thank you. Thank you ...for linking.
    XXOO
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness you go all out! It is all so festive. I am overwhelmed thinking about the amount of work you did! I have not been visiting lately b/c I come home and have tasks to complete trying to get this house finished, but I am glad I found time to see this. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get over how full your #10 tree is with ornaments, I thought mine was getting full :) The village looks fantastic underneath and all around, all I have is the nativity scene under mine, my nephew made it for me years ago. I bet kids of all ages love to check out that village there is so much to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your trees are just beautiful! All those treasured ornaments have me just looking and looking again. Beautiful Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to live in your fairy village! The Christmas trees are just gorgeous and rich of beautiful ornaments
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks so beautiful Debbie. Aww the bubble which the round pattern goes inside with different colours, reminds me of one my mum had on her tree when I was little, love this :) Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the way your village looks under the new slim tree.....you can really see all the piece now. I would love to find some of those peppermint candles...they are just gorgeous! Our grand daugher;s wedding was so pretty....she looked like a princess....hope to get a post done soon. hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your trees made me think of Christmas past and all of my mother's vintage ornaments. I like the ones that are squished in - my mother had some of those that were ancient before I was born.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your trees are always gorgeous! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie, I love your tree and Christmas Village. Everything is so pretty! I really do enjoy your post. Your designs and details are amazing! Have a Merry Christmas!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. ,it all looks so pretty,I did a little will be posting it next week
    I have been gone so much have not had time to post and I lost my old blog so it just took the fun out of it for awhile
    HPS
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous tree, Debbie! I love the candles matching the ribbon. So pretty! The little village is just icing on the cake. Gorgeous display!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Debbie, all of your trees are amazing, and I love the village scenes too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Victorian tree is charming, Debbie! Thank you for sharing @Vintage Charm! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails