I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Christmas in the Living Room, Part 1, Christmas Home Tour, 2016

  Today, I am going to share some of the Christmas decorations in the Living Room......

But first, I want to Thank these Hosts for featuring my post, Christmas in the Upstairs Bathroom, form last week's parties!!

Thanks to Stacey, over at Embracing Change, for featuring it from last week's Creative Inspirations Linky Party!!
Thanks so much, Stacey!!

And Thanks to Claire, over at Claire Justine, for featuring it from last week's Creative Mondays Party!!
Thanks so much, Claire!!

Please stop by and link up to these great parties!!

In my last post, I showed you the 2 Trees and my Village in the Living Room.......
 Please click HERE if you missed that post......

Today I want to show you the foyer and the corner by the stairs in our Living Room........

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have decorated the Living Room in a Victorian theme using the traditional Christmas colors of red, green and gold.........

On the right side of the front door when you enter is a marble topped stand.......
 To the left is Joe's Great Grandmother's Hutch......
 On the left of the hutch.....
 I always put a cane by the front door, as nod to the end of the movie "Miracle on 42nd Street " when Chris leaves his cane in the house that Susie Walker wished for...........
 There is a set of LED lighted branches in this brass can.....
  I have Nativity sets and angels displayed inside the hutch......
 But on top of the hutch, are some Christmas Carolers......
 These Carolers were bought at The Christmas Tree Shop several years ago.....
Gold glitter LED lighted trees on each end.....
A swag that I made in the middle.....
 As I mentioned before, Nativities and angels are displayed inside the hutch......
 On the first shelf  inside the hutch is a larger Nativity Set......
Angels are displayed on the 2nd shelf.......
I just bought the lighted Nativity Box in Penney's for 70% off.....
A smaller Nativity set is displayed on the bottom shelf.....
Hanging from the knobs of the drawer on the hutch are 2 Christmas Tussie Mussies that I made......
On the right side of the Hutch......
Looking up the stairs.......
Santa's, a sled and a pair of child's skates on the stairs.......
 Over in the corner.......
 Looking down the hallway to the Kitchen.......
 A swag that I made......
On the marble topped cherub table....
A gold glittered bottle brush tree, a Santa and a snow globe......
One of 2 Trees in the Living Room........
It is decorated with vintage ornaments.......
2 Bearington Bears sit on the chair.......
Underneath the chair........
The Curio.......
Another Tussie Mussie hangs in the corner.......
The swag on top of the curio with a few candle ornaments ......
A Santa head and a pretty Christmas scene plaque to the side......
More Angels and some crystal are displayed in the Curio.....
The bottom half of the curio.......
In my next post, I will be sharing the how I decorated the rest of the Living Room.......
So I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE THE TOUR.......

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie
  I am linking up to these parties:

 Fabulous Craft and Decorating Party

 12 Days of Holiday Homes Link Up Party 

Creating Christmas Linky Parties:Vignettes

Countdown to Christmas Linky Party

Wrapping Up the Holidays Linky Party!!

DIY Christmas Linky Party

Five Star Frou Frou Party-permanently open, link up anytime!!

Wake Up Wednesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Creative Sparks Link Party
The Homesteader Hop
Dagmar's Home Linky Party 

THURSDAY
The Homemaking Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party
 Creative Ways Link Party
 Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Creative Exchange

FRIDAY
Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Friday's Five Features Party 
Sweet Inspirations Link Party

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY
 Over the Moon Linky Party
Inspiration Mondays
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Blue Monday
Make It Pretty Monday

TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
Tuesdays At Our Home
Brag About It Tuesday Linky Party
Let's Talk Vintage 
Turn It Up Tuesday



Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

11 comments:

  1. I cannot even imagine what it took for you to decorate. In comparison to your house, my decor is sparse yet it too me 2 weeks to get it right.

    You have so many wonderful Christmas treasures and I know with your love of the season it must be wonderful to look around the house and spot favorites.

    Happy Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so want to come to your home and walk around and touch and feel everything! Love it, love it, love it! Girl, you have so much energy. Send me some of it will you? Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I love it. I think the stairs are my favorite! The new link is up at Count Down To Christmas.
    There's a surprise there. (insert smile)
    http://ourholidayjourney.blogspot.com/2016/12/count-down-to-christmas-party-with.html
    See you at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful gold accenting all around and I totally love the nativities all in the hutch, you have some gorgeous sets of them, your collection of angels is lovely too, my mantle is a collection of angles with a small nativity in the center :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You never stop to amaze me with your fairy decors!
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun and festive! Thank you for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Debbie, thanks for the shout out! Love stopping by your blog and seeing all your Christmas decorations. Not long now. Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty!

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Debbie, that's a lot of Christmas decorations and they're all so, so pretty. I love how you left the cane at the door. Miracle on 34th Street is one of my favorite movies. I loved the scene where the mailmen dump the entire contents of all those mailbags to prove that Kris was Santa Claus. It's a classic

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for linking up to Monday Social. You have the most amazing collections. The Nativities are gorgeous. Your village is pretty cute too.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails