I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Christmas in the Living Room, Part 2, Christmas Home Tour, 2016

Welcome to Christmas in the Living Room, Part 2!!

In Part 1, I shared the foyer area and the corner by the stairs decorated for Christmas.....
Please click HERE if you missed that post.......

As I mentioned in the previous post, I have decorated the Living Room for Christmas in the Victorian Style that I love using the colors of red, green and gold.......

In this post, I am going to take you around the Living Room, starting where I last left off......
In true Victorian style, I hung curtains ( and window panes on the Dining Room side) as a divider between the Living Room and the Dining Room.......

On the side where the hallway to the Kitchen is........
Joe found this table in an Antique Store and it was the perfect piece to place my vintage style stereo system on.......
It is on wheels so it can easily be moved and it gives me lots of little spaces to decorate!!
It fits perfectly on the side of the chair.....
The top of the stereo.....
In the vintage cup are 2 of my childhood knee hugger Elves.......
Another vintage Christmas tea cup and saucer...........
The little ice skater doll on the upper left is also from my childhood......
The putz house on the bottom shelf was bought at Penney's this year for 70% off and I used a $10 off $25 coupon. ......
Carolers ...........
A snowman......
Christmas pillows on the chair......
I think Joe sat in this chair on the pillows before I took the picture ......

Looking into the Dining Room.........
Another swag that I made.......
Moving around the Living Room.......
My "faux" window........
Cherub shelves on each side of the "faux" window......
The table in the corner by the Dining Room......
A large ornament hangs on the lamp shade......
The Santa reading to Children Set was bought at Sam's Club several years ago.......
Red and gold bottle brush trees....
Looking toward the Living Room window......
Ornaments with the initial B ( for our last name) that Joe bought on clearance last year hang attached to stockings on each end of the "faux" window......
Angel ornaments and a Christmas plaque that I made............
A wreath that I decorated last year........
The larger Tree in the corner......
Another swag I made........
A vintage 3 tier table........
Snowmen, vintage putz houses and a snow globe.....
The middle shelf......
My first Byer's Choice piece is the little child with the tree sitting on the box......
I never cared much for Byer's Choice before....until I watched a segment on one of our local TV shows on how all Byer's Choice carolers are made by hand, right here in Pennsylvania.......

Click HERE for the link to the web page where you can find 2 videos showing how they are made......

I think you might be amazed!!

 I know I was!!!!

 Especially when they show how the bodies are made from TISSUE PAPER!!!

On the bottom shelf is a Lenox house......
 2 Nutcrackers stand to the left of the table.......
 On top of the TV stand is another Sam's Club Set bought several years ago............
 LED lighted mercury glass trees.......

The table on the other side of the TV stand........
Another swag hangs on the wall above the table......
My Praying Santa Collection......
Many years ago, I ordered personalized Christmas cards with The Praying Santa......
The front of the card is in front of the gold glittered church........
And the inside of the card is framed......
And that takes us back to the front door, where Part 1 of Christmas in the Living Room began......
I hope you enjoyed see our Living Room decorated for Christmas.......

In my next post, I will be showing you how I decorated the Dining Room and my new pencil thin Tree!!!!
   So I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE THE TOUR........

 And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

I apologize for being a bit late in returning visits and comments because I am getting ready for 2 parties that I am hosting here this week, one on Thursday and one on Sunday!!

I have been cleaning and baking....7 batches of cookies!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie
  I am linking up to these parties:

Home for Christmas Blog Party Link Up

 Fabulous Craft and Decorating Party

12 Days of Holiday Homes Link Up Party 

Creating Christmas Linky Parties:Vignettes

Countdown to Christmas Linky Party

Wrapping Up the Holidays Linky Party!!

DIY Christmas Linky Party

Five Star Frou Frou Party-permanently open, link up anytime!!

FRIDAY
Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Friday's Five Features Party 
Sweet Inspirations Link Party

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

MONDAY 
 Over the Moon Linky Party
Inspiration Mondays
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Blue Monday
Make It Pretty Monday

TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
Tuesdays At Our Home
Brag About It Tuesday Linky Party
Let's Talk Vintage 
Turn It Up Tuesday

Wake Up Wednesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Creative Sparks Link Party
The Homesteader Hop
Dagmar's Home Linky Party 

THURSDAY
The Homemaking Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party
 Creative Ways Link Party
 Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Creative Exchange



Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

9 comments:

  1. Sigh, I have so much catching up to do...you know, Debbie, I could sit in your home all day and just marvel and smile and not want to leave, just saying, giggling. Have a beautiful upcoming weekend. I have finished my semester for school and I can get caught up now...smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. You live in a fairy land, Debbie. People must cue to come to your home.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to live in one of your fabulous vignettes....i love everything!!!!!!!!
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful Holiday! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty!

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, the Byer's Choice pieces are charming! Thank you for sharing your Christmas decor @Vintage Charm! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those elves are too cute and now I feel the need to run to Penny's to see if they have anymore of those putz cottages. Adorable.
    Thanks as always for linking to Monday Social. We love having you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your decorations are so lovely!! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails