I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Christmas Front Porch, Christmas Home Tour, 2016

   In this post, I am taking a break from sharing how I decorated the inside of the house for Christmas.......

Today, we are going outside to the front porch......

The weekend before Thanksgiving, we were lucky enough to receive about 2-3 inches of snow!!

Looking up at our townhouse from our parking lot.......
I waited all season last year to take photos of the outside with snow but that opportunity never came because we did not have our first snowfall until Jan.!!!!!

So depressing!!

Yes, I LOVE snow and always have but I am just tired of having to drive to work in it because hospitals don't close for snow days.....

You can see that I took these photos with the snow still flying......
This is what you see when you come up the steps from our parking lot.......
Just a dusting of snow on the tips of the garland and trees made it look so much more like Christmas!!!
However, since this was in November, you can still see the fallen fall leaves on the sidewalk.......

Let's start here with 2 pathway trees that I wired together to make a larger tree for this black urn......
I changed all my bows this year, using an elegant red velvet ribbons bought at Michael's.....
You can see that there is gold beading around the edges of the ribbon.......
I have had this tin stocking for years and maybe next year, it might get a new coating of paint......
A Penguin, paying homage to Joe's Pittsburgh and Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins Hockey teams, sits on the milk can......
I added a Christmas mat ........
The front door......
I added 2 types of garland together this year to make a lusher , thicker garland......
" Happy Holidays" sign above the door.......
I redid my wreath for the front door by adding a bunch of red ornaments to it, along with a new bow......
 Wreaths hang on all the windows........
 To the side of the door......
A Christmas tin pocket and another bow tied to the porch light...
A vintage looking Noel sign hangs from a vintage mailbox......
My childhood sled has graced our front porch for many Winters......
I get a few things on the porch a make over this year.....

If you missed this post, please click HERE to read......
This wooden reindeer also has special meaning for me as it was made by Joey, our oldest son, in Cub Scouts.......
I did give it a new floral arrangement this year.....
As I have mentioned many times before, the weeping mortar on the front of our house allows me to hang things from it........
A lighted wreath hangs in the middle of the house.......
A Dollar Tree sign that I bought this year and a wooden sled that was made by our younger son, Jim, in Cub Scouts.......
Over in the corner of the porch......
A bow and bells hang on top of the tree that sits in the corner of the porch year round.......
A lantern with a flameless candle on a timer sits on a table in the corner.......
Garland on the porch railing......
 A new set of lights that Joe bought on clearance at Sam's Club last year for only $4.31!!
 I also added 2 different garland together on the railing.......
  Joe found these great branches while out on one of his walks......
 I love how they look in the pots!!
 Bells hang in the middle of the railing......
I just love that little bit of snow on the tips of everything!!!
 In my next post, I will show you our little flower bed under the Living Room window and the front yard........
So I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE THE TOUR.......

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie
  I am linking up to these parties:

Home for Christmas Blog Party Link Up

Creating Christmas: Front Porches and Outdoor Spaces

Fabulous Craft and Decorating Party

12 Days of Holiday Homes Link Up Party 

 Countdown to Christmas Linky Party

Wrapping Up the Holidays Linky Party!!

DIY Christmas Linky Party

Five Star Frou Frou Party-permanently open, link up anytime!!

FRIDAY
Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Friday's Five Features Party 

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party



MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Blue Monday
Make It Pretty Monday

TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
Tuesdays At Our Home
Brag About It Tuesday Linky Party
Let's Talk Vintage 
Turn It Up Tuesday

Wake Up Wednesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Creative Sparks Link Party
The Homesteader Hop
Dagmar's Home Linky Party 

THURSDAY
The Homemaking Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party
 Creative Ways Link Party
 Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Creative Exchange



Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

22 comments:

  1. Your porch gets better and better every year Debbie! Everything is just gorgeous, but the door wreath really is eye catching....just beautiful! I don't think I'm going to be able to do our porch this year....H is still not up to par and I am running behind. You asked about my lit trees in the bedroom, I got those at Big Lots this year and they are electric....I think they were $25 each as I remember. hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I always know where to come for Christmas decorating inspiration. Your porch and outside is magical. I love the garland on the fence and the bells on the gate. Happy December..........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling house. So glad you got a bit of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The red and green is so cheery, Debbie! One of my favorite combinations for Christmas. . .and I'd love to see what those lights look like when they're lit up; I bet they give quite a glow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is magical! The little snow is perfect for your Christmas ornaments.... Wowwwww!!! Thank you very much for your sweet comment as usual
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that new ribbon so much! Definitely love plenty of red at the holidays too. Your porch is so festive! Thanks for linking up to Funtastic Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it does look pretty covered with snow, love the tin stocking and basket. Love the twining tree in the corner and how you have updated the sled. So neat that you have things that the boys made in boy scouts, such a welcoming porch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a Happy Christmas Home you have. Love that beautiful wreath. Seeing your sleigh reminds me to get mine out to decorate. I love seeing all of your festive ornaments and pretties.
    We put I think to many lights on the front of our house on one breaker, gotta take something off cause when I turn the tree on downstairs the lights go off on the porch. Oh well. I do love the Christmas lights and lots of color.
    Happy Sunday
    betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Magical is the perfect description! I don't comment much, but I love coming to check out your blog every year, it gives me such a warm Christmas glow!Thank yu so much for taking the time to share your beautiful home with us.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by!! I could not find any other way to get in touch with you so I am responding here.
      Have a great day!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  10. You look super decked out for the holidays. So fun! I hope to see you link up with us at Family Joy Blog Link Up party this week. Check us out http://thinking-outside-the-pot.com/?p=3206

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your outdoor decor looks fabulous, Debbie. I love the garland framing the front door with such a lovely wreath. Thanks for sharing your home with us at Snickerdoodle. Pinning to my Christmas Board.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your porch is so festive, Debbie. Love all the pops of red against the green. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many beautiful pictures! Your porch is the perfect welcome mat into your home, Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your home certainly looks festive Debbie. I love all of the wreaths on the windows! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Debbie. Just popped over from Jann Olsens.. Your porch is absolutely stunning. Made me want to go out and buy red bows to tie in my garden. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Debbie,
    Snow was just what you needed for your Christmas porch. Everything looks festive for the season.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful!! You pay attentions to all the details! Thanks for sharing and linking up at our Tips & Tricks link party!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really lovely & festive, Debbie! Thank you for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know I've said this before, but it bears repeating: YOU'RE AMAZING! What a warm welcome visitors will get when they come to your house. It's obvious that you put so much love and care into your decorations. Thank you for sharing them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your porch is so full of holiday cheer, Debbie!
    Thank you for sharing it at Camp and Cottage.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails