I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Been Doing Some Christmas Crafting!!!

You have seen them all over Blogland...........

Christmas Village Houses Bought at Dollar Tree.........
And then painted and glittered .......

UPDATE:

I am linking up to this weekly party celebrating Christmas in July!!!!!
 Christmas in July Blog Hop  Every Wednesday in July!!


Well, here is what I did with 4 Christmas Village Houses that I bought at Dollar Tree last season after Christmas at half price....... 50 cents each!

These 2 looked like this........
I spray painted them white........
These 2 looked like this.......
And I spray painted these pink........
I then added glitter, mica chips and some crystals to them...........

Let's take a look at the White Houses first.......
I have them displayed in the Dining Room........

Which, by the way, is completely decorated except for the Tree which I will be doing before the weekend.....
I used crystals and glitter on these......
They really glisten when the lights are on.......

The pink ones are displayed up in the Craft Room.......
I added mica chips and glitter to these......
I want to give you a glimpse of this sweet bird house that I bought a few years ago at a yard sale......
Soon, I will be sharing the Craft Room all decked out for Christmas......

You may have noticed the pink and green bottle brush trees........
The light green ones and the lighter pink ones were bought at JoAnn Fabrics a few weeks ago....
 The green Putz House was also bought at JoAnn Fabrics this Season.......

The brighter pink trees were bought at Michaels, also a few weeks ago.......
The white ones are from Dollar Tree......

I have noticed that there seems to be more Traditional Nostalgic Christmas Decorations out this Season.......

What goes around, comes around and I am thrilled to see more Traditional Christmas Decorations coming back.

I went to Michaels on Sunday and mostly all of the Christmas merchandise was 40% off and there was a coupon for an 25% off including Sale items........

I will be sharing what I bought in my next post..........
Here on my Christmas Blog..........
I also want to give a Shout Out to my Fellow Christmas Bloggers......

I have other Blogs devoted to Christmas listed on a Blog Roll on my Side Bar so I hope you will check them out......

And if you would like to see more Christmas Village Houses, please drop my good friend, Susan's, Christmas blog, Susie's Christmas Cottage!!

Susan crafted some amazing houses!!
Susan hosts a Series, Tea in the Craft Room, on her Christmas Blog and you can read about these houses HERE!!

Also, please visit her over at her regular Blog, Eclectic Shorebird!!
 
 I also want to Thank Jillian, over at Bella Rosa Antiques, for featuring my post , I've Got a Secret: October Rudolph Day, from last week's Let's Talk Vintage Party!!
  Thanks so much, Jillian!!

I am now starting to do posts here on my Christmas Blog so I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

And if you Follow me on my regular Blog, Debbie-Dabble, please consider also Following me here on my Christmas Blog.......

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

On Debbie-Dabble, I posted a Mini Christmas Home Tour of the Downstairs and Upstairs.

Please Click HERE and HERE if you missed those posts!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie

A Debbie-Dabble Christmas
I am linking up to these weekly parties:

Creating Christmas : A Thrifted Christmas

   Blogmas Linky Party- Decor Theme

Dollar Tree Christmas Linky Party!

 FRIDAY
 Simple and Sweet Fridays
 The Creative Exchange
Home Sweet Home Friday
 Friday Features Linky Party
 Show and Tell Friday
 Home Matters Linky Party
  Friday Favorites
Welcome to the Weekend Blog Hop
   Flaunt It Fridays
  What To Do Weekends
Friday's Five Features Party 

SATURDAY
  Pink Saturday
 Best of the Weekend Party
  The Creative Collection Link Party
Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
 Snickerdoodle Sunday
Sundays at Home
Share It Sunday
  Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Sundays Down Under
Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
 Busy Monday
  What'd You Do This Weekend? 
 Make It Pretty Monday
Merry Monday Linky Party
Cooking and Crafting with J & J

TUESDAY
    Show and Share Party
 Wake Up Wednesdays 
  Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
 Wow Us Wednesday
 Sizzle into Summer Party
 Vintage Inspiration Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
What's It Wednesday

THURSDAY
 Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
 It's a Party
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday 
 Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party
Grace at Home Party
Vintage Charm

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!



36 comments:

  1. Oh Debbie, I LOVE what you did with the little houses. So sweet! They look great! Your house is definitely a Christmas fairyland. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I have a fascination and love for miniatures of all kinds and I especially love little houses and churhes. Your Dollar Tree make-overs are beautiful. I think the little pink ones look terrific in the green room. The little white ones are my favorite! I feel a visit to Dollar Tree coming on. BTW, I dropped by Susan's and felt another burst of inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The buildings you painted pink and white turned out fabulous and the bits of sparkle are good additions. I like the lighted diorama with the dancers between the two new white buildings, that would light up your room at night in a beautiful way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Debbie, you sure did a wonderful job on those houses. they look so good. I can't believe that you have taken down all your Fall decorations and have already decorated for Christmas. I have started, but it take me so long as I have COPD and I have to stop and rest a while. Everything looks beautiful. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your decorations.
    Have a great weekenf.
    Hugs,
    Mary
    Sure wish I had half of your energy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie...you did an amazing job on those pretty houses! I like them very much. Everything is very fairy.
    Hugs
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely think you did an upgrade to the little houses. They are so beautiful and perfect for Christmas. And such an inspiration for anyone else wanting to try and do the same...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love yours. I want some. I haven't seen them at D.T. still looking. I love the Pink how sweet. If I get some I'm planning on mixing them on my glass shelves with snowmen and my Dickens village. I think it will look good. Hope I can find some.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Have a great Friday.
    Oh and I'm jealous you found that cool coupon. Wow I bet you got something great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Debbie, these little house are just so adorable. I love the white ones with the glitter. You have them displayed so nicely. I am so far behind you in getting ready for Christmas. I am jealous.
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you have painted your Christmas houses! I bought a couple at the auction this past summer that I am still hoping to paint in time for the holidays... hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Painting! What a neat idea! Why search for that certain color when you can just do it yourself.
    Wow!! They look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Debbie, your decorations are just fantastic! I can see why you love Christmas so much since your pictures of Christmas past show you and your family celebrating "together" and that's what it's all about.
    My name is Karen and I am your newest follower. Your blog is great and I will be back to visit soon. Take Care and have a nice weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your little houses are so sweet. After my time here, I am so in the mood for Christmas! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute little houses. I really love collecting the village houses so these are super cute and very unique. Thanks for sharing and enjoy! HPS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love you little "houses" they came out real good and what a great deal! I just left Michaels and my daughter bought a few of the very same ornaments you have, they are the little houses under glass...By the way, Love the Victorian lamp shade! It is a beauty! Thanks for sharing! Have a good weekend. Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Debbie, Thank you for that great feature. You are a generous-hearted blogger and deserve all the blog love you get!

    Your houses are adorable and as usual you have kicked it up a notched. I have not seen anyone who has done pink with glitter houses before. They really spark my imagination. I think they would look good in candy themed decorations also. They make me think of little Candy Land houses.
    I can't stop looking at them.
    As you know your Christmas blog and celebrating Rudolph Day was the inspiration for having a Christmas blog of my own. I think it is a great idea, and am finding that a few others have Christmas blogs also. You are a great inspiration my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the idea of coloring them all one color and who doesn't like snow that sparkles, such a lovely touch and they look great among all your other decorations, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, you've already got your house decorated? My husband is giving me a hard time about taking out the tree today...lol. Love the wreath and can't wait to see how you decorate it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your little houses. They are so pretty. You did a great makeover!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Debbie, If you could see the smile on my face. I love what you did with the houses, they are gorgeous . . and the dancing figures in the case - so lovely and elegantly displayed! Thank you for sharing with us at Snickerdoodle Sunday!
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Debbie, I love the little spray painted Christmas houses. The white looks especially pretty to me..... Candy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely love the houses. The sparkle just adds to the beauty.

    Your ideas inspire so many people.

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautifully done!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  23. I bought villages at Dollar Tree years ago. I'm going to do this to mine this year! Thanks for sharing, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are all so cute! :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your little houses, Debbie. I'm planning on doing some myself this year. I haven't done any crafting for a couple of years and I think I should do something this year. I got a kick out of your OCD button on your sidebar. I hadn't seen that one before. And in case you missed it, I featured one of your posts from last week at this weeks party. Thanks for joining me once again and have a lovely day.

    Autumn blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  26. I honestly can't wrap my head around putting Christmas out this early, but I am running ideas through my head as I work on cleaning the house for Thanksgiving...cute ideas and so cheap...lol. Thanks, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your repainted Christmas village Debbie! Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello Debbie,
    Wow I love the way you transformed those houses. They look so pretty painted white with the sparkles and everything. You are so creative and talented.
    Thanks for sharing at Cooking and Crafting with J & J. Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  29. Seriously---why have I never thought to buy those houses and paint them?? I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love how you've Christmassed up those houses - what a fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Anna,
    Thanks so much for stopping by! This was the only way that i could get in touch with you to thank you for your visit!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a wonderful idea, Debbie! The houses look so pretty painted all in white or pink. I'll have to keep my eye open for little houses like this to do the same. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Deb, I love dollar store crafts and your upcycled Christmas village houses are gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing @Vintage Charm! Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  34. Debbie, what a wonderful redo on the dollar store houses! I love the bottle brush trees also. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  35. Those turn out quite pretty! Thanks for sharing on My 2 favorite Things on Thursday!! Hope to see you again this Thursday (Dec. 1st) Have a great week! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Debbie, you're just amazing! I love the way you take inexpensive finds and re-create them to fit in with your decor. The way you lovingly decorate your home in such a festive way is just a delight to read about. Your family and friends must love being in your home at Christmastime!

    Thanks for joining Grace at Home. I'm featuring you this week!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails