I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

A Victorian Style Christmas Tree and Village, Christmas Home Tour, 2017

   Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!

I have been posting my annual Christmas Home Tour, sharing each room in our townhouse decorated for Christmas...

All of these posts are on my side bar if you missed them!!

Today, I am going to share the 7 foot Tree and Village in my Living Room......

But first, I want to Thank Bev, over at Eclectic Red Barn, for featuring my post, Christmas in the Sitting Room, Part 1, Christmas Home Tour, from last week's Over the Moon Party!!!
Thanks so much, Bev!!

And I also want to Thank Claire, over at Claire Justine, for featuring my post, Christmas Front Porch and Yard, Christmas Home Tour, from last week's Creative Mondays Party!!!
 Thanks so much, Claire!!

Please stop by and link up to these wonderful parties!!!

I my past 2 posts, I shared how I decorated our Living Room in an "Old Fashioned" Christmas theme using the colors of red, green and gold......

The large 7 foot Tree in the Living Room is decorated with the same colors but in Victorian style......
The Tree is topped off with a gold topper and a bow made from ribbon that has red and white candles on it.......
Gold leaf branches were tucked into the top of the Tree......
And an angel was hung at the top.....

Before the age of Electricity, the Victorians lit their Christmas trees  with candles and lit them only once on Christmas Day as someone stood by with a bucket of water to throw on the tree in case it caught fire!!!!
Imagine my surprise when I found red and white candle ornaments that matched the candles on the ribbon that I made the bow at the top of the Tree with.........
I added the red and white candle ornaments that I found in J.C.Penney's a few years ago to the gold ones that I already had......They were bought at Michael's several years back.......
The Tree is decorated with Victorian style ornaments that I have collected over many years......
 There is also 2 different beaded garlands on the Tree.......
A gold and white beaded one ........
And a red, green and gold one.......
Gold glittered floral sprigs are also tucked into the Tree......
Underneath the Tree is a Village, made by Lemax that I started to collect in 1981 when my oldest son was born........
It is set up on a platform that my Dad built for me the first year that I was married.......
Every year, I try to set it up a bit differently.....
But I am limited in the amount of space that I have.....
In the back is a Country Store, bought because I love to shop!!
The blue Queen Anne Victorian house is the House of my Dreams and the Post Office next to it was ironically bought a long time before Joe became a Letter Carrier of the US Post Office.....
Another funny thing is that I bought the Wegman's Store on Clearance 2 years ago, not knowing that Joe would become an employee of Wegman's in his retirement!!
He is now working as a part time cashier for about 15-17 hours a week......
Next to Wegman's , is a Seafood Restaurant named Joseph's, bought because Joe sure makes a mean Lobster, better than you can buy in a Restaurant!!!
I added another level over on this side of the village......
The lighthouse was bought because we used to go to Wildwood , New Jersey each year and visit the Hereford Inlet Lighthouse and the Cape May Lighthouse.....
And Carrington's Department Store was bought because of my love for shopping even though I do not shop a lot anymore.....
So you can see there are a lot of sentimental elements to this village......
And I say this every year.........

As I am laying under the Tree setting up that village like my Dad used to set up the village under my childhood Tree, I hear him saying "That a Girl!" so I will continue to do this as long as I physically can......
To continue along my Christmas Home Tour, I will be sharing A Pink Christmas in the Dining Room......
 And Tree # 13.....
 Click HERE to see Part 1 of A Pink Christmas in the Dining Room.....

 I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie
  I am linking up to these parties:

Holiday Link Party

Home for Christmas Blog Link Party 

WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party
Create and Celebrate Blog Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Feathered Nest Friday
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party
    Awesome Life Friday
 
 SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks
Share It One More Time Inspiration Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

15 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie! Such an amazing display... you are amazing with how much you accomplish and get done. Happy holidays and Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing. You have so many gorgeous ornaments. That tree is wonderful. Great theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful vintage tree, love all the gold accenting on it!! The village below is just so neat, Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing with us your fairy Christmas tour
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! If you ever want to drop by my house to decorate it for Christmas, that would be fine with me! :-) Thanks so much for participating in our Party in Your PJs link party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my favorite trees you did! And your porch and outdoor area looks sooo festive too! :) Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the village display at the foot of the tree! Thanks for sharing with Awesome Life Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your victorian tree and village! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I see the village! Seems that each piece have special meaning for you & Joe. I've heard of "Wegman's," but I don't know where I first heard of it. Love the pieces...I'm sure they take a long time to set up. It must take you months to set all this stuff up, but it's a real show-stopper Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Victorian theme Debbie. I have a lot of Victorian homemade ornaments that I made in the 80s and 90s. Maybe next year, I'll do my tree. You did a terrific job setting it all up and it looks gorgeous. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job! It reminds me of the decorations from my childhood. Not that I'm as old as Victorian (!), but I'll wager some of the decorations we had were handed down. They sure looked like they would belong in a Victorian setting! Sue via Make it Pretty Monday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Victorian-inspired Christmas tree is really beautiful! I've visited a few year-round Christmas stores (there are a couple in my area) and see many Victorian/vintage styled pieces that are just so gorgeous. I don't know why I don't scoop up more of those items than I do. Your tree has certainly inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another beautiful tree Debbie and I love the little village at the bottom too. You certainly know how to decorate Christmas trees. Perhaps you need to help out at one of those all year Christmas stores. I bet you'll be able to teach them a thing or two ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Debbie, your tree and village are incredible. You create so many beautiful vistas in your home. I am featuring you a Snickerdoodle today. Thanks so much for joining us.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails