I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Sunday, December 10, 2017

A Pink Christmas in the Dining Room, Part 1, Christmas Home Tour, 2017



 Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!

 I have been posting my annual Christmas Home Tour, sharing each room in our townhouse decorated for Christmas...

All of these posts are on my side bar if you missed them!!

Today, I will be sharing Part 1 of our Dining Room all decked out for Christmas......

But first, I want to Thank Bev, over at Eclectic Red Barn for featuring my post,  Christmas in the Sitting Room, Faux Fireplace and Mantle, from last week's Thursday Favorite Things Party!!
Thanks so much, Bev!!

And I also want to Thank Richella, over at Imparting Grace, for featuring the same post  from last week's Grace at Home Party!!!
Thanks so much, Richella!!

Please stop by and link up to these great parties!!!

As I mentioned, today I will be sharing Part 1 of our Dining Room decorated for Christmas......

I have said this many times before, my Dining Room is probably the most Victorian looking room in our townhouse....

We will start in this corner, which adjoins the Living Room, where the 7 foot Slim tree stands......
 The Dining Room is decorated in a pink, white and gold color theme for Christmas as it has been for a few years now.......

I did switch a few things around and added a few new things this year to change it up a bit....

On a table next to the Tree......
The top of the table.....
A Putz house, ornaments and a bottle brush tree......
Ornaments and pink berries in a vintage crystal bowl.......
With a pink mercury glass votive up in front of the bowl......

This is one of my favorite Santa's.........
I bought him several years ago at Salvation Army for $5.00.......
Beneath the table, is a wood 2 tiered tray that fits perfectly underneath the table and allows me to display more goodies!!!
A few vintage style Christmas angels.......
In the corner is the 7 foot Tree that I bought 2 years ago on Clearance in Big Lot's.....
It is decorated in Victorian style in the pink, gold and white color theme.......
Vintage windows, that were once used in doors, hang on each side creating a divider between the Dining Room and Living Room.......

I like to hang things on these windows.......
Vintage style ornaments and Victorian style plaques that I made......
And a Victorian style Christmas stocking!
Also in this corner, is a wall clock......
A bow and a small Old World looking Santa sits on top of the clock.......
On the marble topped plant stand next to the Tree......
Is an angel all decked out on pink!!
And this is Tree # 13!!
This year, I used this white tinsel garland to decorate the Tree.....
And hung pink beaded garland along with the white tinsel garland.....
The Tree is topped with a bow made from 3 different kinds of ribbon........
One with pink roses on it, a pink glittered one and a pink and gold one.......
Pink glittered floral twigs were tucked into each side of the Tree at the top....
Streamers of each type of ribbon hang down the Tree......
There are sprigs of white glittered baby's breath tucked in the Tree.....
And pink glittered florals too!!
All the ornaments on this Tree are Victorian style.........
And are in the colors of pink......
White......
And gold!!
Covering the base of the Tree is a simple tree skirt that I made out of pink upholstery material and trimmed with lace.....
We will move on from the Tree......
Sconces on each side of the large picture titled " May I Play?" have pink and white poinsettia candle rings and angel wings added to them.....
A few Christmas touches on the shelf below the picture.......
Looking toward the corner by the Kitchen......
A curio and my faux window between the Dining Room and the Kitchen......
The sconce on the other side of the picture.......

A white and gold Old World looking Santa sits on this shelf.....
On the side of the curio on a marble topped table.......
Is my Funeral Basket that I decorate for every Holiday and Season......
Florals, an angel, a pink glittered bow and a candle ornament was used to decorate this basket......
There is an LED lighted branch in this arrangement......

On the table below the basket......
Pink and gold ornaments......

Vintage looking angels and a manger ornament......
On top of the curio, is a white feather tree topped off with a bow made from pink glittered ribbon......
A pink angel and Santa......
And white angel wings and a bow made from the ribbon with pink roses on it......

A wreath that I made was hung in the center of my faux window.......
I added a few things to the inside of the Curio to make it look a bit more like Christmas......
Some ornaments......
And a few strands of pink beaded garland....
  Next to the curio, is a cabinet that my Dad made when we were first married.....
On top of this cabinet is a" Mr. Christmas" Melodion that I bought at a church flea market.....
On the left side of the melodion.......
Bottle brush trees, a pink and white putz house ornament and another vintage looking angel.....

I bought this white and gold church about 10 years ago in Big Lots.....
The other side of the melodion with vintage hurricanes on each side.....
Pink and white candle rings, that match the ones on the wall sconces, glam up the hurricanes....
Las year, I had a Santa sitting on top of the Melodion.....
And we will leave off here for today.....

We will continue along my Christmas Home Tour, with the rest of the Dining Room......
And Trees # 14 and 15!!!
 Click HERE to see A Pink Christmas in the Dining Room, Part 2.....

 I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie
  I am linking up to these parties:
Rustic and Romantic Christmas Link Party

 Holiday Link Party

Home for Christmas Blog Link Party 

A Shabby Christmas Party

 MONDAY
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Reader Tip Tuesday Party

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
 Waste Not Wednesday
Wednesday AIM Linky Party- twice a month

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party
Create and Celebrate Blog Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Feathered Nest Friday
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party
  
 SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks
Share It One More Time Inspiration Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

9 comments:

  1. Pink is absolutely the most romantic colour and Your pink decors are fabulous
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pink, white and gold tree! Nice work, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie

    We both love pink! Love your tree and that clock, I'm a lover of clocks. Love all your Christmas at Debbie Dabble Christmas!

    Thank you for sharing at my First Christmas Blog Party.

    Merry Christmas!

    Debby
    Debbygoesshabby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my! You've really outdone even yourself! I dont know how anybody manages to eat anything in dining room - I'd be too busy looking to do any eating! It's an amazing achievement!
    Thanks, again, for sharing!
    And, have a Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HPS! Love all your decorations Debbie. It is so nice to see someone not following the mass and downsizing their treasures. I love everything I have and enjoy it while I am here. Oh the Salvation Army Santa, SIGH......of course, anything in pink is perfectly perfect! Have a great weekend. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word Debbie, this one might just be my favorite and that's saying a lot because all your Christmas decorations are WOW!! I've tried to figure out how many Christmas tress you actually have, but I lost count somewhere along the line. How many do you have my friend?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pink is such a great alternative to the more traditional red and blues! Thanks for sharing with Party in Your PJs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful, Debbie! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie, thanks for sharing your pretty pink dining room at the Rustic & Romantic Creating Christmas party! Cecilia @ My Thrift Store Addiction

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails