I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Christmas in the Sitting Room, Part 1 , Christmas Home Tour, 2017

  Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!

I have been posting my annual Christmas Home Tour, sharing each room in our townhouse decorated for Christmas...

All of these posts are on my side bar if you missed them!!

Today, I will be sharing part of my Sitting Room decorated for Christmas......

This includes the large 6 foot Tree and a few other decorations......

This 6 foot white Tree is Tree #6!!!
 This is the Tree that graced our Living Room decorated for Easter, the Patriotic Summer Holidays and also was decorated in an "Under the Sea" theme......

It has now been moved up to this corner in the Sitting Room.......
 Before I go any further, let me show you this corner of the room......

Over to the left of the Tree is a vintage wash stand........
I simply added a few Christmas floral stems to an existing arrangement in the pitcher of the bowl and pitcher set......
This is the ceiling in the corner where the Tree is........
There is a window mirror next to the Tree.......
A small mirror is hung underneath it.....
You can see the Tree reflected in the mirrors......
This pretty garland hangs on the mirror year round......
Above the Tree hangs a chandy decorated in a garden theme.......
The color theme of this room is bright pink, green and blue and I have used those same bright colors when decorating this room for Christmas......

The Tree is decorated with ribbon and ornaments in those colors.....
The bow and streamers are made from bright pink and multi colored ribbon.......
A vintage style topper bought a few years ago in Target tops the Tree with a few bright pink floral picks.......
You can see that I also used green, pink and aqua bead garland to decorate this Tree......
Many of the ornaments on this Tree are vintage Shiny Brite ornaments that I bought at a church Flea Market.........
And solid color ball ornaments bought on Clearance a few years ago........
There are figurine ornaments bought at Micahel's keeping with the Victorian theme of our townhouse.....
And a few family ornaments like my 2 son's First Christmas ornaments......
Last year, I did a Christmas Fairy village underneath the Tree.......
This year, I chose to simplify it by using a tree skirt bought at a flea market and a basket of pink poinsettias.........
To the right of the Tree.....
Is a tea cup shelf.......
I added a bit of Christmas to this shelf by placing my Christmas Fairies on this shelf with some felt snow and a few bottle brush trees.........
Underneath the shelf........
My mannequin named Rose.......
  A lighted angel on the small table next to the Tree......
 On top of the book shelf......
Is my Plastic Ville Collection........
When I was a child, my parents had a Plastic Ville village under the Tree.......

The blue cottage was my parent's and the vintage chalk figures were my Mother's when she was a child!!!
My parent's had a barn identical to this one that I used to be able to play with before the village was set up under the Tree.......
I found this barn and the other pieces at a flea market.......
Some of the farm animals are the ones that I played with as a child.....
This little display is a sentimental homage to my childhood and the beloved memories that I have......

On the smaller book shelf , is a small decorated Tree.......
Since, it is decorated with some garland and a vintage topper, it counts as Tree #7!!!
A vintage style angel and an aqua church sits under the Tree.......
I hope you enjoyed seeing this part of my Sitting Room decorated for Christmas......
Continuing along my Christmas Home Tour, I will be showing you how I decorated my faux fireplace in the Sitting Room......
 Click HERE to see Christmas in the Sitting Room, Fireplace and Mantle, Part 2......

 I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie
  I am linking up to these parties:

Holiday Link Party

  Home for Christmas Blog Link Party 

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
 Waste Not Wednesday
Wednesday AIM Linky Party- twice a month

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party
Create and Celebrate Blog Party
FRIDAY

Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Feathered Nest Friday
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party
    Awesome Life Friday

 SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks
Share It One More Time Inspiration Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Reader Tip Tuesday Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

1 comment:

  1. Looks beautiful Debbie. I love pink :) Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays :) Hope you can join us tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails