I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Christmas Home Tour 2012, Part Three, The Dining Room

Welcome to Part Three of our Christmas Home Tour 2012.

Today I am going to share our very Victorian looking Dining Room.
I LOVE color and every room in our Home is a different color so that means that , for Christmas,I can decorate each room differently.

If you missed Part One of our Home Tour, The Front of our Home, Please Click HERE

If you missed Part Two, the Living Room, which is decorated in traditional Red, Green and Gold. please Click HERE

Our Dining Room is Pink and Green, very Victorian.
 But this year, I tried to stick to a Pink, White and Gold color scheme for Christmas in this room...

This is the view from the Living Room....
 Our Living Room and Dining Room were open to each other and since I wanted them to be different colors ( Living Room is peach) I hung window inserts from old doors  as dividers.

I hung lace curtains on the Living Room side....

You can see the Dining Room Tree through the lace curtains....
You can walk through our Dining Room into the Kitchen....
 We will start on the left hand side when you first walk into the Dining Room from the Living Room..

I have a 7 foot slim tree in this corner.

This is Tree # 5!

The Dining room is only 10' by 10'.
 This tree now has all Warm White LED lights on it except for one set of pink rose lights and one set of white rose lights that I bought at yard sales several years apart....
 I tuck white sparkly Baby's Breath into the tree along with pink sprigs....
  The beaded garland on the tree is white with tear drops......
 It is decorated with Victorian ornaments that I have collected for many years....
 The tree skirt is just a simple one that I made years ago......

 The Santa is a hand made one that I was lucky to buy at a Craft Fair when the woman who made it was closing them out as she was retiring.

He was only $50!!
 He even has boots and pants underneath and I LOVE the embossed roses on the pink velvet!




 Looking into the Living Room, you can see the main  Living Room Tree........
 Next to the Tree on a table that my neighbor threw in our dumpster , then called me to tell me it was there if I wanted it, I have this little vignette.....
 The Santa was a Flea Market find....

 Just some Pink Ornaments and Greenery along with sage green beaded sprigs......

The white trees are from the Dollar Store...
  Moving around the left side of the room....

As you can see, Very Victorian .....
 The swag on top of the picture was bought at Salvation Army for $5.00....
 Some of my tea cup collection with poinsettias tucked in......
 The corner over by the Kitchen.....
 That is a Pass Through into the Kitchen that I hung curtains in to create a fake window as the Kitchen is a different color and I did not want it seen from the Dining Room....
Yes, I still have our stereo system that we bought 34 years ago!! We added a CD player to it .  I wanted to get rid of it but since it was made by Pioneer, my oldest son , Joey, talked us into holding on to it as he said that they do not make them like that anymore and it is still in great shape.....
All I did was add a Lenox Santa and some ornaments to this shelf....
On this stand, is a vintage Funeral basket that my friend, Anne Marie, gifted to me.....
 At Halloween, I had it decorated in Black and White...

Now I have an arrangement of White and Gold with Pink Poinsettia's in it.

Along with some Peacock feathers.....
 Pink Poinsettia Candle Rings hang from the sconces....

 There are also LED light branches in the basket.......
 And a Victorian Angel displayed at the base......

I have a dozen of these angels that I bought for $9.99 plus shipping on Ebay several years ago. No one else placed a bid so I was lucky enough to get all 12 for what one of them would sell for normally!!
 On top of the stereo.....
 A Feather Tree, a White and Gold Church and another Pink Santa....

 My Fake Window........

 This is a Mr. Christmas Melodium that I bought at a Flea Market. There are 12 rolls of music, 6 regular songs and 6 Christmas songs.

It sounds like a cross between a music box and a carousel and the dancers twirl around....
 So I added my Victorian couple ,who look like they would be attending a Ball, and my Mother's gloves that I embellished .
 The Candle holders were from Salvation Army....
 And I have rose petals from a dozen pink roses that Joe had bought for me in the past, that I dried, inside the hurricaine shades....
And now moving past the doorway into the Kitchen and looking at the wall on the opposite side.....

This year, I did something totally different on top of my buffet.

For several years, I displayed my second Dicken's Village here.

This year, since I dislay to put all my Nativity Sets in the Living Room Hutch, I then had to find a place to display my two White and Gold Winter Wonderland Sets that I bought at Sam's Club many years ago and that gave me the idea to do the Dining Room in mainly White, Gold and Pink this year....
  I also came up with the idea to use 2 Alpine trees on each side of the Buffet.....

 Trees # 6 and # 7....
 I have small bows that I made with Pink Glittered ribbon on top of each tree.

I was going to leave them plain but you know me..... I can't leave well enough alone so I decorated the 2 of them with 3 packs of 10 snow flakes from the Dollar Store and clear plastic icicles that Joe had bought at a Flea Market several years ago......
 They glisten like ice and snow are on them.....

The corner.....
 
 My"  Sitting" pink Santa.....
I really like how this came out this year....
 Sorry for the glare in the picture from the flash....
 This is my newest Thomas Kinkaide Pink Lady.

Her outfit looks like lace...
 The Snowmen ( 4 of them) and the tree were one set......

I added white and gold beaded clusters and Pink Ornaments and used mirrors.....
 Santa, his Sleigh and the Reindeer were another set....
 The reindeer were from Walmart......
 I love those pink glittered ornaments which were in Michael's this year and last year.....
 Next to the buffet is a small table....
 I love the Santa and Child on this plate....
 
 The paper mache Santa was $5.00 in Salvation Army!  I ran across the room for him!!
 I have yet to see another one like him....
 And some of my Dolls....
 And the final corner which would be to your right when you walk in from the Living Room...
 The top of the Hutch....
I used to display a Nativity Set on the top of the Hutch.....

Again, I went with the White, Gold and Pink ......

An Angel, Gold trees, and Snow Babies....
 And the window dividing the Dining Room from the Living Room.

I wanted these windows  to look like french doors so I did not hang curtains on this side....

But I do love to hang things on the window panes......
 And a Pink Victorian Angel....

 And finally the Chandy decorated with ornaments, pink beads and white snowflakes.....

Now you know I am going to share the room with you all lit up, don't you???

The Tree lit up.....

 
 
 




I love the lighted branches in the Basket.




 I do love how the buffet looks this year....
 


 


 

     






 You may notice that I have not shown you the Dining Room table. That is because it is full of stuff.  I am also doing wreath orders on top of it right now!!  LOL!!

I will share it with you at a later date....

 So that is how our Dining Room looks this year.....

To continue on our Christmas Home Tour 2012, Please click HERE to tour our Kitchen.

I am still decorating!! The downstairs is now done and I have started the upstairs.

I am sorry if I have not been a good Blogger and stop by to visit all of you.
I am just so busy right now.....I hope to be able to visit soon!

I am linking up to these parties:

Seasonal Sunday
Sunday's Best= Monthly-December 2nd
Sunny Simple Sundays
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Sunday SHOW-licious Craft Showcase

Masterpiece Monday
Mod Vintage Mix Monday
Metamorphosis Monday
Make It Pretty Monday
Mop It Up Mondays
 DIY Project Parade

Cowgirl Up! Creative Linky Party
Knick of Time Tuesday
Tabletop Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Tweak It Tuesdays
Totally Transformed Tuesdays 
Show Me What You Got Tuesdays

All Star Blogger Block Party
What's It Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesday
Rednesday
Fall into Fall Party
Wednesdays Adorned From Above Linky Party
Primp Your Stuff Wednesdays
HOME Party on Wednesdays
Welcome Home Wednesday Party

DIY Holiday Highlights
Delightfully Inspiring Thursday
Treasure Hunt Thursdays
Show Off Your Stuff Party on Thursdays
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share your Creations Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Vintage Thingie Thursday
Transformation Thursday
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Time Travel Thursday
 Open House Party

Weekend Warmth Party
Home Sweet Home Friday
Show and Tell Friday
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Simple and Sweet Fridays
Tickled Pink Party
Inspire Me Fridays 
 Flaunt It Fridays 
Fall into the Holidays
Fabulous Fridays
  Inspiration Fridays

Saturday Nite Special
Pink Saturday
 Strut Your Stuff Saturdays
One Great Idea Saturday Party
   Weekend ShowOff Party
Clever Chicks Blog hop

 Homespun Christmas Link Party
It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas Blog Hop 
Holiday Vignette Party
Better Late Than Never Christmas Blog Hop
  Winter Wonderings and Holiday Happenings
Countdown to Christmas
Holiday Housewalk Linky Party
Deck The Halls- Table Decor 
Christmas Cheer to the Blogsphere- Vignettes
Tis the Season Holiday link Party- Holiday Home Tour 

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie

20 comments:

  1. You are so busy, Debbie! Your dining room looks beautiful. I love the tree, the pink Santa, and the paper mache Santa. I really like the doors/lace panels between your dining room and living room. The living room is beautiful too, Debbie. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie,
    As someone who is seldom at a loss of words, I am speechless!!!! HOW DO YOU DO IT? Your diningroom is by far the prettiest I have ever seen it. The buffet with all the white and gold just blows me away. The two alpine trees all lit up with the snowflakes and icles really make it all stand out. I had no idea your diningroom is only 10x10. It looks so much larger! All of us here are so fortunate to have someone like you share your amazing home with us. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, You sure have some awesome treasures...my favorite things are you mother's gloves and the music box...love them. xo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie,

    You decorate more for Christmas than anybody I know! I love it so much. You have used so many different colors. It is wonderful to see every year!

    Have a wonderful week!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. My, oh my. There's so much to look at. I know I'd just sit in there for hours taking in all your special decorations in your dining room. I love it all lit up at night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is beautiful. Your home is beautiful too. take care, Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW - simply beautiful!!! How do you do it all? I have looked at each of your photos several times, and each time I find something new to swoon over!!! Can't wait to see the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the third time in the last couple of days that I have visited your dining room...I was interrupted both times about half way thru! It is all so beautiful, but I really love your pink Santa's. They are so hard to find and you have got some gorgeous ones! My front porch is finally coming together...whew! Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie, I LOVE your Victorian tree and the pink Santas. Everything is lovely! Wouldn't it be fun to get together and have a cup of tea with all the lights lit? I bet you would make a wonderful hostess. Thanks for sharing with my HOME.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband was looking at this and wants to know how in the world you dust all this and how long does it take??? That is one chore we do not like at this house. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! Amazing and what a collection you have. I so enjoyed my visit and thank you ever so kindly for sharing. I can't even begin to imagine how much time you have put into your decorating. Lovely!! Beverly - Tea Cottage Pretties

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so enjoyed the dining room tour! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful home with us on Transformed Tuesday. Hugs, Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! Your home is like a Christmas Museum. My husband thinks I have a lot of Christmas stuff! I've always wanted to do a pink Christmas room. My stuff is all traditional colors red, green & gold but my bedroom is all pink. I'm having fun with the tour. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Debbie. I especially love the shadow box nativity scene. Thanks so much for sharing with Adorned From Above.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Debbie, Everything looks beautiful. I really like the shadow box with the dancers. Adding your mother's gloves is very sweet. Thanks for sharing on Simple & Sweet Fridays. Have a wonderful week!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, wow, WOW! Your home is stunning and so beautiful for Christmas :) I am visiting from Sandi's HOME party and I am now following you. I look forward to future visits.
    Merry Christmas!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie
    www.theenchantingrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I do not know how you do it! I love everything victorian, your home is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home! Have a very Merry Christmas!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful dining room. I love all the interesting and unique touches. I think the Santas are my favorites. Thanks for sharing on the Winter Wonders & Holiday Happenings party!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails