I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas Home Tour 2012 , Part Four, the Kitchen

Welcome to Part Four of our Christmas Home Tour.
 I would like to Thank Pamela over at  From My Front Porch to Yours  for featuring my post
 Christmas Home Tour 2012, the Front of Our Home  as one of the Top 3 Most Viewed from last week's Treasure Hunt Thursday party!

 Thanks so much for the honor , Pamela!
Please visit and maybe link up to Treasure Hunt Thursday! It is a great party!!

And I would also like to Thank Shasta over at In the Old Road for featuring my post
 Christmas Home Tour 2012, the Front of Our Home
from last week's All Star Block Party
 Thanks so much ,Shasta! Please visit and maybe link up to the All Star Block Party!! It's a terrific party with 4 different Hosts!!

I also want to Thank Stacey over at Embracing Change for featuring my post Christmas Home Tour 2012, the Front of Our Home   as the most Viewed from last week's  Inspired Creations party

Once again Thanks, Stacey! Please visit and link up to Inspired Creations!!

 If you missed Part One of our Home Tour, The Front of our Home, Please Click HERE

If you missed Part Two, the Living Room, which is decorated in traditional Red, Green and Gold. please Click HERE

And Part Three, the Dining Room, please Click HERE

Thank you all so much for your kind comments .....

Yes, I am crazy for Christmas...

Today I want to share with you our Kitchen all decked out in Candy and Gingerbread Men for Christmas!

The fact that our Kitchen is painted yellow and red really lends itself nicely to Christmas decorating!

You can walk into our Small Kitchen down the Hall way from the Living Room or from the Dining Room......
.When you walk into the Kitchen from the Dining Room and look to the left, this is what you see....
Our Kitchen is so small that we have to eat in the Dining Room...

And yes, I need a new floor.  But when we do it, we will be doing the entire house... one more and last time!







I really love the look of my Country Victorian Kitchen and especially so at Christmas....
This piece is something I put together with a hutch from a bedroom set and a desk, both bought separately. One at a flea market and the other at a yard sale... Total cost- $15.00!
Last year I painted it red and white when we repainted the Kitchen...

My Kitchen Santa's....

I kept some of the things that I normally have in the hutch and then added some Christmas things....
On this first shelf is a snow man tea pot and a peppermint candy jar....
On this shelf is a red and white tea pot inside of a Christmas tea Cozy made by a friend of mine....
  This bowl is filled with vintage cookie cutters that I keep out year round but just added some Christmas Candy picks to it......
It was a big hit in Blogland last year!! LOL!
And on the desk , is my Sweet Shop display...
Desserts and Candy.....
Faux cookies and goodies in a green depression glass dish....
Santa's Sweet Shop....

And a Peppermint Candy house








Another Kitchen Santa....
And this is Tree # 8.....

My Small 3 foot Kitchen tree, that I have inside of a milk can, is the only size tree that I can fit in my small Kitchen......
There is even Desserts on my Calendar....
This tree is decorated with Gingerbread men and Candy ornaments and a few  Kitchen ornaments....
There are 2 sets of different Candy Lights on this tree....
And even the Bear sitting in the sleigh next to the Tree matches with her candy striped belt and buttons...

You press the button on her paw and she sings, "It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas"!






Some Christmas touches added to the shelves...

The door way out into our Den used to be the back door originally.....
Above the door way...


I love this plate with the scene of the Victorian Era mother baking cookies with her children...

Some of my Christmas potholders....
Above the stove....
 On the side of the stove....

Moving around the room....
This used to be the Kitchen Window....
We took the window out when we made the patio into another room, the Den....
This year, I left up the Curtains that I hung on the den side of the opening,,,,

I like the back drop it created for the decorated garland hung there.....
I added new candy ornaments to the garland that I bought in the Dollar Store....
And I also hung them from the little chandy...

Another type of Kitchen Santa...
A vintage boot....


And a Christmas Lady Head Vase.....
Looking out into the Den.....
You can see the lights on the tree in the Den....
 In the corner of the counter.....











 A sign that I just love.....
On top of the refrigerator, I have  a little vignette with Gingerbread items.....
Some Gingerbread people and a Gingerbread House......



Above the door way into the Dining Room.....
Looking toward the Dining Room from the doorway to the Den......

You can see just how small my Kitchen is....

This was originally an open pass through into the Dining Room.

Since both rooms are different colors and I did not want to be able to look into the Kitchen from the Dining Room, so I hung curtains on each side and created a Fake window.
This year, after hanging the garland and realizing that I forgot to hang the white lace curtain on the Kitchen side back up, I sort of liked the way it looked ,because you can see more of the red inside walls in the pass through, so I left it that way....
My 3 tier copper basket now filled with oversized ornaments and candy that I bought at the Christmas Tree Shop last year....
This year, I used mainly the candy ornaments from the Dollar Store on the garland  here....
  Candy Canes are also from the Dollar Store...
The wreath was a yard sale find for 25 cents....
The red mercury glass candlesticks are used all year round but they were bought last year at 75% off after Christmas.....
We had this counter bar built many years ago to hold our microwave.....
Santa Salt and Pepper Shakers.....

When I first took and downloaded these pictures , this is what the mason jar lamp looked like.....
Just a plain white shade.....
I wanted to cover the shade with this vintage dish towel.....
 Here is what it looks like now......

And I added real candy inside the mason jar.....
 Definitely more Christmasy ( is that even a word???)!!
And also on the counter is this green depression glass bowl filled with copper cookie cuuters and a lollipop....


A Penguin Cookie Jar and the vintage refrigerator container holds my pens and ID badge and other things I need for work....
Looking toward the hallway that leads back to the Living Room and into the Powder Room....

See the tree in there????
And this is the side of the counter bar....
I won the Gingerbread stocking from a wonderful blogger last year who sadly has decided to close down her blog.  Miss you, Shannon!

And a vintage apron that I should have straightened out better....
Now you just know I am going to show you the Kitchen at night.....
 


 







Looking out into the Den....
 






The candles are LED and are battery operated. They have a built in timer so they come on the same time each evening and stay lit for 6 hours!!  They were #3.99 each at Wegman's Grocery Store.




So that is what my Kitchen looks like this year decorated for Christmas...

I hope you enjoyed seeing it!

To carry on with the Tour and visit our Powder Room, please click HERE

I apologize for not getting around to visit too much.

I am STILL decorating the upstairs, one room left, I have company coming on Sunday, an Open House on Tuesday, we celebrated my Jim's birthday last evening and I have to bake yet!!!!  YIKES!!

I am definitely NOT so organized this year....

I want to THANK everyone who has featured A Debbie Dabble Christmas this season and I am listing them over on my Side Bar!

I am linking up to thee great parties:

DIY Holiday Highlights
Delightfully Inspiring Thursday
Treasure Hunt Thursdays
Show Off Your Stuff Party on Thursdays
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share your Creations Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Vintage Thingie Thursday
Transformation Thursday
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Time Travel Thursday
 Open House Party

Weekend Warmth Party
Home Sweet Home Friday
Show and Tell Friday
Potpourri Friday
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Simple and Sweet Fridays
Tickled Pink Party
Inspire Me Fridays 
 Flaunt It Fridays 
Fall into the Holidays
Fabulous Fridays

Saturday Nite Special
Pink Saturday
 Strut Your Stuff Saturdays
One Great Idea Saturday Party

Seasonal Sunday
Sunday's Best
Sunny Simple Sundays
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Sunday SHOW-licious Craft Showcase

Masterpiece Monday
Mod Vintage Mix Monday
Metamorphosis Monday
Make It Pretty Monday
Mop It Up Mondays
 DIY Project Parade

Cowgirl Up! Creative Linky Party
Knick of Time Tuesday
Tabletop Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Tweak It Tuesdays
Totally Transformed Tuesdays 
Show Me What You Got Tuesdays

All Star Blogger Block Party
What's It Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesday
Rednesday
Fall into Fall Party
Wednesdays Adorned From Above Linky Party
Primp Your Stuff Wednesdays
HOME Party on Wednesdays
Welcome Home Wednesday Party

 Inspiration Fridays
   Weekend ShowOff Party
Clever Chicks Blog hop

 Homespun Christmas Link Party
It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas Blog Hop 
Creating Christmas Link Party - Farm house Christmas Decor
 Holiday Vignette Party
Better Late Than Never Christmas Blog Hop
   Winter Wonderings and Holiday Happenings
Countdown to Christmas
Holiday Housewalk Linky Party
 Deck The Halls- Table Decor 
Christmas Cheer to the Blogsphere- Vignettes 
Tis the Season Holiday link Party- Holiday Home Tour 

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie


22 comments:

  1. Deb,
    Holy COW! Or should that be Holy Santa Claus? You have really stepped it up this year and I did not think that was even possible.

    I absolutely love how you were able to show each area of the kitchen. It honestly made me feel like I was there. And, do you know in all the hundreds of times I have looked at your blog I did not know there was a hallway from the dining room to the kitchen! In my mind I had the powder room just to the left off the dining room and off the living room.

    I am so sorry Mixpod is no longer working. It makes such a difference to have music as you are looking at the beautiful pics. I just turn on my Christmas music to get the full effect....LOL

    I am so inspired to do more! What a true treasure of friend you are!

    Hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Debbie! Nobody does Christmas better - absolutely no one! I love your Christmas kitchen and all of your things. You know how I love your bowl filled with the cookie cutters. You are the sole reason I went on the search for a Jadite bowl! I have one now, but I don't have all the olden cookie cutters! You've made me feel like a child this morning.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is a lot of work to make your home that festive. You must start super early. I love your vintage items that make it special...bowl of cookie cutters and your apple canisters are my fave! Thanks for boot scootin' on over to join Creating Christmas at the Old Time Party!
    Farmhouse hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is no surprise that your kitchen was in the top three views, it is just spectacular! My favorite...the lady head vase, she is gorgeous!
    I love your old phone, I have a longer one hanging in the hallway and an old phone book from the year I was born! Four digit phone numbers!!!!
    I need to cover some of my lamp shades that are putting off glare in my photo's..thanks for the inspiration! Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always smitten with how you decorate your beloved hutch each season. Your kitchen is such a festive place, especially at night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just what I'd imagine Mrs. Claus's kitchen would look like! So wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you do not have the Christmas spirit, all you need do is visit your lovely home. No one can compare or compete with you. So much work, but goregous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!!!!!! I'll think twice when I have to tour my kitchen, as it's almost empty next to your amazing and awesome gorgeous decor! Even my house tour is empty next to yours Debbie, but than I know you, you are a C'mas Girl at best! I love it all, every piece, nook and crany of your decorating..it is fabulous! Thank you for sharing it with us. Happy holiday season sweetie.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic Debbie, such a great blog of yours.So wonderful I felt excited for the Christmas. I really love Christmas even though we don't have extreme preparations. I'm just inspired with the decorations. The most important thing in Christmas is that our family is happy and complete!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Debbie!

    Wow, Love all your decor! What a happy kitchen! I love gingerbread men!! Thanks for sharing all of your pretties with us!!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Christmas kitchen is absolutely amazing! What a plethora of unique decorations. Loved the tour. TFS. I am now a follower of your blog and look forward to return visits. I invite you to join me as well on my blog at http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com
    Hugs, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just popped by, Deb and glad I did. Seeing all your decorations made me remember to find my kitchen Santa. He was waiting in the closet to come out and I totally forgot about him. Poor guy. Loved all your decorating. You really are the Christmas Queen. I'm going to stay awhile and look some more. Hugs from Ontario, Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have had your blog open all day. I love looking at your decorations...they are so magical and there's so much to see! Happy Holidays my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your decorations are always so fun to look at! Would love if you'd join our Countdown to Christmas link party! Hope to see you there! Have a great week! :)
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/2012_12_11_archive.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Deb, Your hutch is the cutest. I love your kitchen. And when it's lit up, it's magical. Loving all that red!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that beautiful Christmas kitchen. Absolutely gorgeous. And so are the rest of your Christmas decorations. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Karie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Debbie, You are such a busy lady. All your kitchen decorations are too sweet! I love all the Santa's and gingerbread men. Thanks so much for sharing this inspiring post on Simple & Sweet Fridays.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  18. My head is spinning! It's hard to believe that those photos are of just one room in your house! I have thoroughly enjoyed your holiday home tour this year. I have a Jadite bowl filled with old cookie cutters as the center piece to my dining room table. It's such a great display idea. My other favorite thing would be the "It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year" sign. That is my all around absolute favorite Christmas song. I need to be on the lookout for that sign. Or maybe I will just make one.

    Happy Holidays!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is candi-licious. Fav is milk jug tree.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, I get so wrapped up in your gorgeous decorating that I forget I have other blogs to visit. LOL Your kitchen is beautiful. You know how to do it right. I love your old phone. So cool. Thank you so much for always sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. It means so much to me.

    HUGE Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Debbie, (besides all the red) I love how you cram so much into such a small space - a feast for the eyes! You are truly a Victorian woman! Have the best and merriest Christmas this year!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Your kitchen is amazing! Where on earth did you find cooking Santas? Thanks for sharing on the Winter Wonders & Holiday Happenings party!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails