I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas Home Tour 2012, Part Five, the Powder Room

Welcome to our Christmas Home Tour, Part Five, the Powder Room.
  First, I want to Thank Marti over at  Sew-licious Home Decor for featuring my post First Snow of the Season and More Sneak Peeks   from last week's Sunday Show-licious Craft Showcase.

 Please visit and maybe even link up to this great party where anything goes!!

If you missed Part One of our Home Tour, The Front of our Home, Please Click HERE

If you missed Part Two, the Living Room, which is decorated in traditional Red, Green and Gold. please Click HERE

And Part Three, the Dining Room, please Click HERE 

And part Four, the Kitchen, please click HERE

I am also adding the link to the next Part at the end of the post about the previous Part..
For example , if you click on Part 1, the Front of our home, at the end you will find the link for Part 2, the Living Room and at the end of Part 2, will be the link to Part 3. Eventually you will be able to "walk" through our entire Home decorated for Christmas!

 You can enter the Powder Room from the hall way that connects the Living Room to the Kitchen.

You can see the Powder Room from the Kitchen.....
 For many years now, I have been changing my very pink Victorian looking Powder Room into a Winter Wonderland with Snow Buddies.

I have changed everything to Blue ( blue flowers on the border) , White and Silver.
A new medicine cabinet and light fixture are on the list  to buy....
This Bathroom is small but the main Bathroom is even smaller , if you can believe that!!
I made this wreath many moons ago.....

The Snow Man picture was from the Home and Garden Parties that was big about 15 years ago....
Love my Snow man night light....
A winter scene on a slate....
A shelf above the sink....
Next to the sink....
Above the toilet.....



Notice the Hockey Snow Buddies and the Penguins on the lower shelf....

Got to get Joe's W.B. Scranton Penguins in there somewhere!
This is a battery operated house....
And this is Tree #9......
It is actually wired  onto the shelf and the tray behind it......

It is decorated with Snow Buddy ornaments, silver balls, white tiny snowflakes, silver and blue beaded garland, blue icicles.......
And I tucked Buffalo snow, glittered evergreen twigs and blue berries into the tree...


This is a Battery operated village.....
This year I was finally able to add lights to this tree. I have a set of 20 blue LED lights and a set of 20 Warm White LED lights.....
You can see the blue a bit in this picture...

Another Shelf....
The white lace doilies that I used resemble snow, I think....
The starched Doily Trees were bought at Bon Ton several years ago...
Joe bought these Santa's on Clearance from a local Gift Shop...


This is above the closet that holds the washer and dryer....

 Now I tried to take pictures of the Tree lit with the  Powder Room light off and no matter what I did, they came out like this...
Now even I think that looks a bit creepy so I turned on the Bathroom light but still using the Candle Light mode and took a  few more..

This looks better and honestly, it does look pretty in the dark...


 This is looking in from the doorway....

You can see that I lit up the other things.....

 The Village and House lit...

 And it is a bluish light!
 And these little tea lights have a bluish light to them too!

 Please click HERE to Tour our Den and my Victorian Doll House, Nelson Crest ,Our Christmas Home Tour, Part Six........

Then we will be going upstairs......

 There are 7 trees upstairs including a small feather tree in the Bathroom up there.

So.... 12 Trees downstairs....

7 Trees upstairs....

Yep, 19 trees!!

Remember that no matter what size or shape it is, if it has lights or ornaments on it, I count it!!

So I hope you will come back in a few days when I will take you in and show you around our Den...

I will be linking up to these parties:

Saturday Nite Special
Pink Saturday
 Strut Your Stuff Saturdays
One Great Idea Saturday Party

Seasonal Sunday
Sunday's Best= Monthly-December2
Sunny Simple Sundays
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Sunday SHOW-licious Craft Showcase

Masterpiece Monday
Blue Monday
Mod Vintage Mix Monday
Metamorphosis Monday
Make It Pretty Monday
Mop It Up Mondays
 DIY Project Parade

Cowgirl Up! Creative Linky Party
Knick of Time Tuesday
Tabletop Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Tweak It Tuesdays
Totally Transformed Tuesdays 
Show Me What You Got Tuesdays

All Star Blogger Block Party
What's It Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesday
Fall into Fall Party
Wednesdays Adorned From Above Linky Party
Primp Your Stuff Wednesdays
HOME Party on Wednesdays
Welcome Home Wednesday Party

DIY Holiday Highlights
Delightfully Inspiring Thursday
Treasure Hunt Thursdays
Show Off Your Stuff Party on Thursdays
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share your Creations Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Vintage Thingie Thursday
Transformation Thursday
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Time Travel Thursday
 Open House Party

Weekend Warmth Party
Home Sweet Home Friday
Show and Tell Friday
Potpourri Friday
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Simple and Sweet Fridays
Tickled Pink Party
Inspire Me Fridays 
 Flaunt It Fridays 
Fall into the Holidays
Fabulous Fridays 
 Inspiration Fridays 
  Weekend ShowOff Party
Clever Chicks Blog hop

  Homespun Christmas Link Party
It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas Blog Hop 
Creating Christmas Link Party
Holiday Vignette Party
Better Late Than Never Christmas Blog Hop
   Winter Wonderings and Holiday Happenings
 Countdown to Christmas
Holiday Housewalk Linky Party
 Deck The Halls- Table Decor 
Christmas Cheer to the Blogsphere- Vignettes
Tis the Season Holiday link Party- Holiday Home Tour 


Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie


22 comments:

  1. Love your blue and silver winter theme. One year I did a blue and silver themed tree and waded up bits of batting for snowballs. I got the idea from Mary Engelbreit's Winter Book. My kids just want a regular red and green Christmas tree but I usually try to come up with some theme. take care, Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlin' you make me feel positively SANE about the amount of decorating I do. I am getting Hubby Hartman and making him take the tour of your house just so he can't tell me I have done too much. TOO MUCH? That's almost enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh Debbie, YOU are the WOMAN to come see for Christmas treasure and pleasures. Love all the decorations.
    (())

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, you really put all of us in a Christmas spirit with all your decorations. Love the doily trees and the village is darling and so many other things too. Happy PS...Lu

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie,

    There arent many bathrooms that I can say I would like to live in, but I think I could spend hours in yours. I had never collected snow-buddies until I saw yours last year and over the past year I have gotten quite a collection. I love them and only wish I had half your talent in displaying them! Even though your bathroom is small, its still one of the prettiest I have ever seen. I cant wait to see the Den!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie,

    Your decorations are lovely. I love the pale blue and white color theme. And I really liked your floral wreath. The snowman nite light made me smile. Hope you are having a great weekend.

    Yael from Home Garden Diggers

    ReplyDelete
  7. 19 trees! I have tree envy!!! The powder room is lovely! I am glad to see the Penguins found a winter home too!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the shout out! I love the holiday decorations, the blue is so pretty, love the tree! :)

    Marti

    http://sew-licious.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your level of decorating never ceases to amaze me!

    Wonderful to have you at Seasonal Sundays!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just so you know, we'll be featuring this blog as the NEPA Blogs Blog of the Week on WBRE's PA Live! on Tuesday, December 18. I just posted a little advance notice on NEPA Blogs:

    http://nepablogs.blogspot.com/2012/12/three-christmas-blogs.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. (Oh, the segment will run around 4:30. It's short - around 90 seconds - so be sure to watch closely!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omigoodness, you really do go all out. I would be inclined to leave everything in place until at least July!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful!! I love the blue and silver theme! I see you being featured all the time, as well you should...everything looks wonderful! I spent 30 minutes decorating my powder room and did a post on it! Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks amazing. If you haven't already, please come link up to my weekly Farm Girl Blog Fest: http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com/2012/12/farm-girl-friday-blog-fest-12.html

    My party runs until Thursday night each week and a new party starts each Friday morning.

    Happy Holidays!
    Lisa/Fresh Eggs Daily

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your little Snow Buddies and the tree is adorable. Thanks for sharing at my HOME.

    Christmas blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now I want a tree in my bathroom! :)
    I love the blue and silver. It looks so pretty. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. You are amazing!!!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the tree with the blue lights, Debbie. It is so stunning! I remember your one word for 2012 was time. Do you have a word for 2013? I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family and friends. God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Debbie, Thanks for sharing your beautiful powder room at Simple & Sweet Fridays. Love your gorgeous tree and lovely decorations. Just fantastic!

    jody

    ReplyDelete
  19. All your details look great! Love those snowmen!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  20. The detail in all your decor is simply amazing - LOVE the colors. I have moved my blog, my party will be up as usual. You can find me at http://adelightsomelife.com. I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think this may be one of my favorite rooms because I love snowmen. Thanks for sharing on the Winter Wonders & Holiday Happenings party!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails