I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas Home Tour 2012, Part Six, the Den &Doll House

Welcome to our Christmas Home Tour 2012, Part Six.  Today I am going to share our Den with you and my Victorian Doll house in the Den all decked out for Christmas.

If you missed Part One of our Home Tour, The Front of our Home, Please Click HERE

If you missed Part Two, the Living Room, which is decorated in traditional Red, Green and Gold. please Click HERE

And Part Three, the Dining Room, which is decorated in Pink, White and Gold this year, please Click HERE 

And Part Four, the Kitchen,decorated with Candy ornaments and Gingerbread Men, please click HERE

And Part Five, the Powder Room, decorated in blue, white and silver with Snow Buddies. please click HERE

The Den used to be the porch off the back of our townhouse.  The doorway into the Den from the Kitchen was originally the back door.....
Since it was a porch, The Den is an odd shaped room, 8" x 20 "!

When you step into the Den from the Kitchen and look to the left, this is what you see....


This past summer we painted the Den. Above the chair rail a deep tan , kept the same blue below and added a border.
This is what it looked like last year , with the walls above the chair painted ivory and no border.  The darker color and border really warm up the room, don't you think?

The first closet door is a storage room and the second one is a pantry for all my canned goods and groceries.
 "Merry Christmas from Heaven"
My sister bought this for me the first Christmas without my Mom  9 years ago........
 A wreath that I made long ago.....
My Cynthia Hart Victorian Calendar........


This room is decorated in mostly Burgundy, Ivory and Blue.

A cozy corner to watch TV......









Carolers on the shelves......













The reproduction Ice Chest under the TV was a $15.00 Estate Sale find.....
Trying to disguise the power box....
I also refinished this end table in the summer......
I love this tiffany lamp shade.....
A Thomas Kinkaide Music box....
Above the chair....
The Victorian style plates were bought on EBay....



The back door.....
I made the swag and wreath.....
 My Thomas Kinkade 4 Season Clock.......
 And now here is Tree # 9.......
But before I show you the Tree, here is what the other half of the room looks like....
I used to always close my computer armoire for pictures but during the Summer, I prettied it up so now the doors are open!!
Back to the Tree......
This is a 4 foot tree decorated with mostly Burgundy and ivory and a few Thomas Kinkade ornaments......
I have burgundy velvet roses tucked into the tree.....




Thomas Kinkade Christmas cards that I framed....

The figures on this shelf and the shelf in the corner behind the computer armoire are the characters of Charles Dickens" A Christmas Carol"......
My Victorian style carriage filled with some Bears.....
The Computer Armoire.....
A Debbie-Dabble Christmas is on the screen.... What a surprise!!

LOL!!
The Carolers that I used to display here have now found a new home in the Living Room so I needed to come up with something different on top of the computer......
I moved the wire tree, Tree #10 , decorated with Vintage Children and Caroler ornaments over here from the top of the China Cupboard.
The Doll was a $5.00 Thrift store find and the Santa was one of 4 that I bought at Sam's Club years ago for a mere $12.00 each!


You may have noticed that I have some Thomas Kinkade houses displayed here.....
This is another corner of the Den......
This is Nelson Crest....
To read the story of my childhood dream of owning a Victorian Doll house and the wonderful man that made that dream come true, please click HERE
Nelson Crest is all decked out for Christmas.....
The Heart plaque says "Created by Roy Nelson  2008"
Wreaths hung from every window.....
Angels on the balcony bannister.....
Can you see the tree through the window?????

The snow has fallen and a snowman was built, the sleigh is loaded with presents .
Poinsettias and wooden soldiers greet you as you walk up the steps......
And the milk man just delivered milk.....


Won't you please come in???

The Nelson family would like to give you a tour....
Nelson Crest is on a turn table....
The Parlor has been decorated for Christmas and the Tree ( Tree #12) has been placed in the front window for all to admire.....
Mr. Nelson has just sat down to read the newspaper.....
The tree with presents, a rocking horse and a train underneath it.....
More presents on the chair....
The table is set and ready for Dinner in the Dining Room.....
A Santa and Snow Man on the mantle,,,,,
The table....
A Nativity Set on the hutch.....
Upstairs, in the little Victoria's room......
Victorian is playing with some of her toys....

Mrs. Nelson is in the Master Bedroom taking a rest before Dinner.....
She had been wrapping some presents....

The bathroom.....

And the Music Room......



I have said this before... Nelson Crest is my perfect house because it has no Kitchen!! I really do not like to cook!!
I hope you enjoyed your tour of Nelson Crest.....

And now back to the Den......

Moving around the room back to the Kitchen Door way.....
This was the old kitchen window. I decided to leave the curtain up and not hang a swag here like I usually do.....
Looking into the Kitchen....
The China Cupboard that I refinished in the Summer.....

The top of the China Cupboard.....
Another Santa bought at Sam's Club, Some music sheet trees that I made and a burgundy feather tree.....
 A Thomas Kinkade Calendar......

The China Cupboard......
The first Shelf....

The second Shelf......

The third shelf.....



















Vintage style toys.....

On top of the ottoman....


I love to hang things off glass doors and mirrors....
Last year , I had an alpine tree here. It is now one of two on the Dining Room Buffet so I decided to put this tin pocket here.......
I filled it with some greenery.........

Okay, I know that you were just waiting to see it lit up at night......











Looking into the Kitchen......



 I have used 2 sets of battery operated LED lights inside the Hutch.....

I love the way the China Cupboard looks at night...



You can see the reflection of the lights of the Christmas tree in the glass door.....



Well, that was the last of the rooms downstairs and that was 12 trees down stairs.....

To continue the Tour and see the upstairs of our townhouse decorated with 7 more trees, please click HERE

Yes, you read that right ...

A total of 19 trees this year!!

I am FINALLY done decorating so I hope to be able to start to visit you and spend some time on your blogs....

I am linking up to these great parties:

Masterpiece Monday
Blue Monday
Mod Vintage Mix Monday
Metamorphosis Monday
Make It Pretty Monday
Mop It Up Mondays
 DIY Project Parade

Cowgirl Up! Creative Linky Party
Knick of Time Tuesday
Tabletop Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Tweak It Tuesdays
Totally Transformed Tuesdays 
Show Me What You Got Tuesdays

All Star Blogger Block Party
What's It Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesday
Rednesday
Fall into Fall Party
Wednesdays Adorned From Above Linky Party
Primp Your Stuff Wednesdays
HOME Party on Wednesdays
Welcome Home Wednesday Party

DIY Holiday Highlights
Delightfully Inspiring Thursday
Treasure Hunt Thursdays
Show Off Your Stuff Party on Thursdays
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share your Creations Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Vintage Thingie Thursday
Transformation Thursday
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Time Travel Thursday
 Open House Party

Weekend Warmth Party
Home Sweet Home Friday
Show and Tell Friday
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Simple and Sweet Fridays
Tickled Pink Party
Inspire Me Fridays 
 Flaunt It Fridays 
Fall into the Holidays
Fabulous Fridays 
Inspiration Fridays

Saturday Nite Special
Pink Saturday
 Strut Your Stuff Saturdays
One Great Idea Saturday Party

Seasonal Sunday
Sunday's Best
Sunny Simple Sundays
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Sunday SHOW-licious Craft Showcase 

  Weekend ShowOff Party
Clever Chicks Blog hop


 Homespun Christmas Link Party
It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas Blog Hop 
Creating Christmas Link Party
Holiday Vignette Party
Better Late Than Never Christmas Blog Hop
   Winter Wonderings and Holiday Happenings
 Countdown to Christmas
Holiday Housewalk Linky Party
 Deck The Halls- Table Decor 
Christmas Cheer to the Blogsphere- Vignettes 
Tis the Season Holiday link Party- Holiday Home Tour 


Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie





23 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie - I've been anxious to see your dollhouse all decorated for Christmas. It's just gorgeous. I posted my dollhouse all decorated for yesterday. I just updated my blog post to add a link to your dollhouse posting. I hope you don't mind.


    Christmas hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really great. You have an huge collection of photos. And your decoration of doll house it is marvolus man. Just look at your blog people feel Christmas in theri mind.
    On Christmas people think what to write in a christmas card and how to decorate the house etc. Your blog is a Correct answer for that.

    Regards
    Kumar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow! What a Christmas house you have! It would be so fun to go through your whole house to see all the decorations. And I love your dollhouse! Just beautiful!! I love the outside as well as the inside- great job decorating! I haven't done any Christmas decorating to the insides of any of my dollhouses-maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just don't know how you do it all Debbie...lol! I love visiting every year, I love seeing what I missed the year before, cause your always adding new things or arranging them differently. Your just amazing!!! Hugs Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Such a treat touring your home all decorated for Christmas. Darling doll house...loved all the little details inside. Thanks for sharing all these wonderful photos...loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Christmas doll house is the most beautiful one I ever seen! The detail is amazing! I am so glad that I didn't post my doll house this year..it is so plain compared to yours! You have inspired me to fluff mine up a little! Your doll buggy is just gorgeous as is everything in the den! Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my GOODNESS, Debbie....Love, love, loved the tour of the dollhouse. So beautiful!

    Everything is SO FESTIVE! The city where you live should have a tour to your house....for PAID ADMISSION. It would be wonderful.

    Great job! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. p.s. Debbie! I'm enjoying all your magnificent creations so much!

    Meant to tell you to come visit at my blog for Tuesday. Featured my own dollhouse at Christmas time! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always wanted a Victorian Doll House too. My stepsister got one when we were teenagers and it still hasn't been fixed up. I'm thinking of doing shadow boxes in the mean time. Instead I have had fun decorating my daughter's Barbie house from a old nursery organizer. She is 15 now so we don't play with her dolls anymore. That bums me out! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Debbie,
    I love your hutch filled with little figurines and of course the doll house! Your little tree is cute too.
    I'm just stopping by to let you know that your Christmas dining room decor is being featured at my HOME party tomorrow.
    Thanks for sharing. It's always an adventure in decorating when visiting you.

    Christmas blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Debbie!

    Love your dollhouse Debbie! When do you sleep?? lol!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow...you do love Christmas...so many wonderful things!!...I love the dollhouse!!!....Beautiful!
    Thanks for joining the Better Late Than Never Party!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing!! Your home is so Christmas beautiful! And your doll house is gorgeous!! Thanks so much for linking your fabulous Christmas tour posts to the Winter Wonders & Holiday Happenings link party. I'm so inspired!
    Tuula :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your doll house makes me feel like a little girl again, Debbie. I love the way you have it decorated. I would love to have a life-sized tea cart like the one that is in there! And the cake on the cake stand; adorable! Thanks for sharing all this delight at my HOME.

    Christmas blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the dollhouse tour the most, it is a wonderful thing to see. Thank you. Found you from Welcome Home Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Debbie, I would love to see your home decorated in person. The decorations are beautiful and I bet at night it is magical. Thank you for sharing your pretty Christmas decor at the Open House party. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous dollhouse ! Pretty decorations, Debbie !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Debbie...I've said it before...you are definitely the Queen of Christmas decorating!
    I love your doll house. I have one too but it isn't that big. Just stunning!
    HPS...xo Tami

    ReplyDelete
  19. Debbie, Thanks for sharing this fantastic Christmas Tour at Simple & Sweet Fridays. You're the Queen of Holiday Decor!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are amazing! So beautiful!! Thank you for linking up to the blog hop Adorned From Above. We are co-hosting and appreciate you joining the party! Have a great day!
    Host: Debi @ adornedfromabove.com
    Co-Host: Joye & Myrna @ thebusybhive.blogspot.com
    Co-Host: Linda @ withablast.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another beautiful room! I am a bit jealous of your ice chest deal. We have been searching for one but so far no luck on one that is reasonably priced. Thanks for sharing on the Winter Wonders & Holiday Happenings party!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Debbie,
    Your den is amazing and so is your doll house. Thanks so much for sharing at Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop. This weeks party will be live at midnight. I hope to see you there.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com
    Debi @ Adorned From Above
    Joye and Myrna @ The Busy Bee's
    Linda @ With A Blast

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails