I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Bit More Christmas

Well, I have a few more Christmas things to share with you before the end of this Holiday season.

I did not decorate my Department at work this season as I was off decorating my own house so my co-worker on night shift , Sandy, decorated our department .

Our unit Manager wanted to change the color scheme and theme to "Winter Wonderland "using Blue, Silver and White...

Here is what the Rehab Unit, in which I work, looked like this Christmas...

Looking down the hall toward the Day Room.....
Wreaths that Sandy made.....








The tree at the end of the Hall....
The Nurse's Station....









Sorry it is a bit blurry but this is the tree in the Day Room.....
Just thought I would show you some foods indicative of our Polish Heritage that we have for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.....

Pierogies......
Nut roll.......
My simple Christmas Eve Table.....


A little bit of snow on Christmas Eve.....
Giving us a White Christmas!!!!
Thought I would show you our neighbor's Lynn and Vic's house all decked out.....
They moved in a few months ago.......
Then I did do a bit of after Christmas shopping....

Right after work, I hit Target....

Bought some bright pink goodies to use in the Guest Room.....
Red shatterproof Balls for crafting.....
Mini LED lights.....
Don't you just love these pink Gem ornaments.....
Bought 2 packs of those for half price bringing them down to $3.00 each!








70% off at Bon Ton.....
  These are for my Kitchen Winter tree......
Love these , which are for my LR tree.....
Half price at the Dollar Tree on Christmas things....
On Clearance at Sam's Club for a mere $3.91 a roll!!!

And Joe picked up another Bearington Bear for me at Wegman's Food Store for 75% off.... $6.00!!
So Cute!!!
Then the storm came.....

Some snow and some sleet and freezing rain.....

The snow looks so pristine.....

Nothing like Christmas decorations with snow.......








And of course, at night.....



I drove to and from work without any problems during the storm.....

And look at this beauty.....
One of the girls I work with gave this sweet sled to me.....
I just knew I had to put a sled of this color in my Guest room......



We celebrated my son, Joey's birthday tonight. His birthday is the 29th but I am working. He turned 31 y/o!

I have some of the girls I work with coming over tomorrow........

More snow predicted for Saturday..........

I am working the weekend but off on New Year's Eve.  The kids are coming over for Joe's delicious lobster along with shrimp, scallops and chicken fingers.
Then I am making a vat of lasagna for New Year's Day...... Comfort food......

And then that will pretty much ends this Holiday season........

I hope to keep posting here on A Debbie-Dabble Christmas through out the coming year and I hopefully will remember the 25th of every month, known as Rudolph's Day and do a Christmas related post here but I can't promise that one as they say the Mind is the first thing to go!! LOL!! .

I will be moving back over to my regular Blog, Debbie Dabble soon so I hope those of you who signed up to Follow me here will join me over at Debbie-Dabble also.

Wishing you a very HAPPY and HEALTHY NEW YEAR!!!!

I am linking up to these parties:

Weekend ShowOff Party
Saturday Nite Special
Pink Saturday
 Strut Your Stuff Saturdays
One Great Idea Saturday Party

Seasonal Sunday
Sunday's Best
Sunny Simple Sundays
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Sunday SHOW-licious Craft Showcase 
Clever Chicks Blog Hop

Masterpiece Monday
Blue Monday
Mod Vintage Mix Monday
Metamorphosis Monday
Make It Pretty Monday
Mop It Up Mondays
 DIY Project Parade

Cowgirl Up! Creative Linky Party
Knick of Time Tuesday
You're Gonna Love It Tuesdays
Tabletop Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Tweak It Tuesdays
Totally Transformed Tuesdays 
Show Me What You Got Tuesdays
Tout It Tuesdays

All Star Blogger Block Party
What's It Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesday
Rednesday
Winter Blues Wednesday Party
Wednesdays Adorned From Above Linky Party
Primp Your Stuff Wednesdays
HOME Party on Wednesdays
Welcome Home Wednesday Party

DIY Holiday Highlights
Delightfully Inspiring Thursday
Treasure Hunt Thursdays
Show Off Your Stuff Party on Thursdays
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share your Creations Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Vintage Thingie Thursday
Transformation Thursday
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Time Travel Thursday
 Open House Party

Home Sweet Home Friday
Show and Tell Friday
Farm Girl Friday Blog Fest
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Thrifty Things Friday
Simple and Sweet Fridays
Tickled Pink Party
Inspire Me Fridays 
 Flaunt It Fridays 
Fall into the Holidays
Fabulous Fridays 


Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie

18 comments:

  1. Sandy did a wonderful job decorating the unit! You got some really great buys for next years decorating...I haven't been shopping yet, we've got the 5 year old grandaughter. I love those pink gem ornaments!
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your coworkers appreciate your creative decorating energy. Your unit looks fantastic. Wishing you a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie, The rehab unit looks great! I especially like the icicles hanging from the nurse's station and the marshmallow snowman. I like both of your sleds. They look so cute with the ice skates! Your holiday meals all sound good. Happy 2013, Debbie - may you and yours be blessed with joy, peace, hope, and health!
    xo Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a terrific post,Debbie!
    Check my latest post out and let me know what ya think.

    http://denisemarie-christmas.blogspot.com/2012/12/what-now.html

    hoping for some quarterly blog parties in 2013! xox, DeniseMarie

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heavens every thing pictured is just wonderful! Nurses station couldn't be anymore festive, love it!
    I am very fond of sleds to and want more.
    I forgot all about Target and that is where I got my best deals last year.
    Off to the store tomorrow, because nothing sounds better than a vat of lasagne, thanks for putting that in my head, love the stuff
    Happy New Year!
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by to wish you a Happy New Year, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, the joy you bring to those on your unit! It looks awesome. I love all of your beautiful snow photos, too! So pretty.

    Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent.

    Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you nabbed some fantastic bargains.

    Great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    Happy New Year!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Debbie, I’m Anne from Life on the Funny Farm (http://annesfunnyfarm.blogspot.com), and I’m visiting from the Clever Chicks Blog Hop.

    Great job with all the beautiful decorations! I love decorating with snowflakes. Each one is so unique, and everyone can do them, from young to old.

    Anyway, thanks for posting this. If you’ve never visited yet, I hope you can pop by my blog sometime to say hi…

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Debbie,

    Our sons have birthday close together. My son's birthday is today, and we're going over tonight.

    Thanks for sharing your blues.

    Happy New Year and Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Magnificent post and photography ~ You do love Xmas!

    Happy New Year to you ^_^

    (A Creative Harbor aka ArtMuseDog and Carol ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally amazing. Love it all. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for sharing all of those wonderful photos! I work night shift too...as a nurse in neonatal intensive care...I help decorate my unit sometimes too for Christmas. The snow on all of your outside decorations make them even prettier.
    I saw your post over at Ivy and Elephants blog party.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the heart and soul you put into your Christmas decorations. Thanks for sharing the lovely Winter scenes as well. Beautifully done!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Debbie, your work place always looks so festive. I bet it makes for a fun working environment. You got some great after Christmas deals. Love the sled. The color is fab! Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  16. Debbie, your Christmas decor is so festive! I love all of your snow pictures. Thank you for sharing this at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  17. Debbie, Always love seeing your inspirational posts. Thanks so much for sharing at Simple & Sweet Fridays!
    I love the sled your friend gave you, so pretty with the ice skates!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everything looks so gorgeous Debbie! I bet the folks at your work are so grateful to have you and your wonderful holiday spirit! Thank you for sharing at TTF!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails