I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Thursday, December 25, 2014

The Rest of the Upstairs and Nelson Crest, Part 12, Our Christmas Home Tour 2014

 Welcome to Part 12 of Our Christmas Home Tour 2014, The Rest of the Upstairs and  Nelson Crest!!
 First,I want to Thank Angel over at Sew Crafty Angel, and all the other hosts of Wake Up Wednesday link party
for featuring my post, Pink, White and Gold Christmas in the Dining Room ( First Half) , Part 6, Our Christmas Home Tour 2014 from last week's party!!
Thanks so much , Angel and all the other hosts!!

Please stop by to visit and link up to this great party!!

  If you missed Part 1 of Our Christmas Home Tour, The Outside of our Home, Click HERE

If you missed Part 2 of Our Christmas Home Tour, The Outside All Lit Up at Night, Click HERE

If you missed Part 3 of Our Christmas Home Tour, Living Room Tree and Village, please click HERE 

  If you missed Part 4 of Our Christmas Home Tour, An Old Fashioned Christmas in Half of the Living Room, please click HERE

 If you missed Part 5 of Our Christmas Home Tour, An Old Fashioned Christmas in the Other Half of the Living Room, please click HERE

If you missed Part 6 of Our Christmas Home Tour, A Pink,White and Gold Christmas in the Dining Room ( First Half) , please click HERE

 If you missed Part 7 of Our Christmas Home Tour, A Pink,White and Gold Christmas in the Dining Room ( the other Half) ,please click HERE

  If you missed Part 8 of Our Christmas Home Tour, "Sweet" Christmas Kitchen, Tree #8 and Hutch, please click HERE

If you missed Part 9 of Our Christmas Home Tour, "Sweet"  Christmas Kitchen ( the Other Half), please click HERE

 If you missed Part 10 of Our Christmas Home Tour, Blue Winter Wonderland in the Powder Room, please click HERE

 If you missed Part 11 of Our Christmas Home Tour, Colorful Christmas in the Guest Room, please click HERE

Now on to the Tour.....

When you walk up the stairs, I did decide to put garland on the railing.
But a different garland than I used other years and one that let's me grab the railing to go up and down the stairs

I need to do this because of my bad knee and because I most likely broke my foot ( the bone by the big toe) 3 weeks ago when I fell into a box of shatterproof ornaments when putting up the Living Room Tree!

No, I have not gone to the Dr. about it because I can walk on it and with everything that I had to do with the Holidays, I could not even think about it.

I will go to the Dr.'s after New Year's....

Back to the railing......

Usually there is garland and lights at the top of the stairs but this year, just a little something.....
Again nothing fancy.....
Just a bit of Christmas......
This was bought at Target many years ago.......
And now let's take a look in the Bathroom........
I actually wanted to add to this wreath but time ran out but I will do it before I pack it way for next year
And I was able to fit a Tree in this tiny Bathroom!!
But this is a different Tree than I had in here 2 years ago when I last decorated this Bathroom for Christmas......
Tree # 12
    I decorated this Tree with purple, green and gold ornaments that I bought last year after Christmas
Gold poinsettias from Dollar Tree are added to the Tree for more volume......
And it is lit with 2 sets of battery operated purple lights bought after Christmas on Clearance!!
The Tree is topped off with a bow made out of gold ribbon that has purple roses on it!!!
Just a few things at the base of the Tree which stands on top of the shelf unit above the toilet!!!
Next up is the only space in the house that is Joe's!!!!!
This is an alcove in our bedroom that is Joe's Pittsburgh Shrine!!
Joe is an avid Pittsburgh Steeler and Pittsburgh Penguins Fan!!!

The Pittsburgh Penguins AHL Hockey Team is based here and we have season tickets for the Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins...........
This Tree I did for Joe.....

Tree #13

And I did get to decorate the outside of Nelson Crest, my Victorian Doll House that is in our Den!!!
I did not get to decorate the Den for Christmas now for the second year in a row because I ran out of time but it is decorated for Winter so I am ahead of that game!!
To read the story about Nelson Crest and why I named it after the wonderful man, who in his late 80's built me this beautiful doll house, please click HERE
Nelson Crest is a true Painted Lady.......
The second floor balcony.......
Yes, that is a decorated Tree ......
So you know what that means........

Tree #14!!!
There are packages around the Tree and Toy Soldiers on the balcony railing

Lets look at the side yard......
Looking around to the front.....
Many of the decorations are not scale but I think it makes it more interesting
I use a lot of the Lemax Christmas village pieces.......
The left side......
The Nativity set is new.   It is actually a set of mini ornaments for a mini Tree.....
That brings us to the front porch.....
A broom on one side of the front door.......
 And a shovel on the right.....
 Topiaries, toy soldiers.........
Ice Skates.....
And Trees in pots......
Right side......
A sleigh full of presents.....
Guarded by a couple of snow men and a toy soldier.....
Side yard....
I did not get to decorate the inside of the house this year because I am planning to change things around a bit inside Nelson Crest....
There is still one more part to Our Christmas House Tour 2014, Part 13, An Evening Tour!!

I know that Christmas Day is today and has come and gone for many of you reading this but I am not one of those who takes down their Christmas decorations the day after Christmas!!!

That is nonsense to me!!

Here, in NEPA, many still celebrate the Christmas season as long as the Catholic Church does........

Until The Feast of Three Kings which traditionally is Jan. 6th or 12th Night but some Roman Catholic Churches celebrate it on the first Sunday after New Year's.

So yes, I will not be in any hurry to take down or change my Christmas decorations over to Winter and Valentine Decorations.

It took me a long time this year to decorate our house and I did it this year for ME!!

So I want to enjoy them a bit longer.....

I hope you will be back to visit again soon as Christmas is far from over here at A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!!

One other note, I am way behind on my return visits so please bare with me because I will get to visit all of you soon!!
A Debbie-Dabble Christmas


I am linking up to these parties:

 Christmas Homemaking Hop
Creating Christmas - Vintage Christmas

 FRIDAY
 Simple and Sweet Fridays
 Show and Tell Friday
   Flaunt It Fridays

   SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday
Friday Features Linky Party
Welcome to the Weekend Blog Hop

SUNDAY
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Share It One More Time Sundays
Sunday Brunch Party
 Snickerdoodle Sunday

MONDAY
 Busy Monday
Mod Vintage Mix Monday
 Make It Pretty Monday
 Monday Link Party 

TUESDAY
Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's
 Wow Us Wednesday
 Sizzle into Summer Party
What's It Wednesday
 Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
Wake Up Wednesdays 
  Before and After Party

THURSDAY
  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party

Share Your Cup Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Grace at Home Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday

After Christmas-

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Favorites
  What To Do Weekends
 Anything Goes Linky Party
Anything Blue  Fridays
Friday's Five Features Party 
Fabulous Fridays 

 Say G' Day Saturday 

 DIY SHowcase 

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie

13 comments:

  1. Oh Debbie this is over the top stunning!!! I love it all, what can I say, it's awesome, gorgeous and amazing!
    Hope you are having a great C'mas Day.
    Love,
    FABBY
    PS: Take your time with the return visits, it's a busy time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, great job! Merry Christmas, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie...Loved the tour, especially the sweet dollhouse. You KNOW how much I love dollhouses! Hope your holiday was wonderful. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning tour, Debbie! My favouirte is the dolls house...amazing!
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I'm going to take some time and go back over your tour, since I've missed it. Maybe I'll get ideas for next year. I'm amazed at all that you do. You definitely want to keep things up and enjoy it all for awhile.
    And thank you for your visit to my blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nelson Crest is stunning....as always! Your post with the lights on is always one of my favorites...so I am really looking forward to seeing your beautiful home lit up for the holidays. Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your tree decorated in gold and purple ! Your doll house is fabulous decorated for winter !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your doll house Debbie, amazing!
    Thanks for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty Debbie, I especially like Nelson Crest all decked out for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, sweet friend! The staircase is beautiful, Debbie. I love the look of garland on staircases but, after having played a big part in raising my 5 grands(not to mention having had a slip down the stairs once) I also am Safety Mimi. I always want myself and anyone else to be able to grip stair rails going both up and down. I didn't put garland up at all this year, but when I do I never put it on the upper rails and only put it on the rails on the lower part of the stairs where the wall ends.

    The bathroom is beautifully decorated and Joe's tree is so cute. You know how I love little houses and miniature scenes, so you can imagine how sweet I think Nelson Crest is this Christmas with all the wonderful little vignettes all around it! I really enjoyed this lovely post and I hope 2015 will be a blessed and special year for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of your decor, but Nelson Crest is my favorite because I love miniatures. My girls decorated their doll house too, and I think they have the same wreaths. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty and sorry about your foot. I hope you'll be ok.
    Thanks so much for linking!
    Xo
    Isabelle
    www.lechateaudesfleurs.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. How wonderful Christmas party!!! You know I have never organized such a huge party in my life. And on this Christmas I went to some outstanding Christmas NYC events with my whole family. We really enjoyed there a lot. But next time I will definitely organize Christmas party at my home.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails