I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

"Sweet" Christmas Kitchen, Tree #8 and Hutch,Our Christmas Home Tour 2014 , Part 8

 Welcome to Part 8 of Our Christmas Home Tour 2014, Tree # 8 and the Hutch in a "Sweet" Christmas Kitchen!!
 
  If you missed Part 1 of Our Christmas Home Tour, The Outside of our Home, Click HERE

  If you missed Part 2 of Our Christmas Home Tour, The Outside All Lit Up at Night, Click HERE

If you missed Part 3 of Our Christmas Home Tour, Living Room Tree and Village, please click HERE 

 If you missed Part 4 of Our Christmas Home Tour, An Old Fashioned Christmas in Half of the Living Room, please click HERE

 If you missed Part 5 of Our Christmas Home Tour, An Old Fashioned Christmas in the Other Half of the Living Room, please click HERE

If you missed Part 6 of Our Christmas Home Tour, A Pink,White and Gold Christmas in the Dining Room ( First Half) Part 6 , please click HERE

 If you missed Part 7 of Our Christmas Home Tour, A Pink,White and Gold Christmas in the Dining Room ( the other Half)  Part 7 , please click HERE
 
 I have a lot to share with you in this room so once again, I will be showing you the kitchen in 2 posts as I have with the other rooms.

Today, we are going to start by the entrance to the Kitchen from the Hall Way......

Since my Kitchen is painted red, it lends itself nicely to Christmas decorations.....
 Especially Gingerbread Men and Candy!!

When you enter the Kitchen from the hall way, on the right hand side of the counter bar, you will see this.....
 I hung a cute Gingerbread Stocking and home made quilted Pot Holder and a Christmas Tassel here....
A sweet Gingerbread man hangs on the wall.....
In the corner on the floor .......
A crock filled with vintage Kitchen utensils with a few sprigs of Christmas greenery and berries poked in......
And a vintage Planters Peanut Can filled with rolling pins.....
The Planter's Peanut Can was my Mother's and she stored her hand grinder ( which I will show you in a minute) in it.

Planter's Peanuts was founded here in Wilkes Barre , Pa.
To the left hand side when you walk into the Kitchen from the hall way.....
This is what the whole wall looks like......
 
 This Tree fits perfectly here in the corner by the Hutch.....
I bought this tree last year....
It is lit with peppermint lights in 2 different styles.....
This is Tree # 8......
 Don't pay attention to the bulletin Board behind the Tree......

There is a little stand on the side of the Tree which is actually a vintage ash tray stand!
This Mr. Christmas Ball that plays 12 shortened versions of Christmas songs and lights up too!!

 See the Gingerbread Men and Candy Canes......
 A cute little Bear sits in a sleigh is next to the Tree on the floor.....
She sings "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas"!

Don't you just love the candy look to her dress?
Topping the Tree is a bow and candy picks.....
The Tree is decorated with Candy and Gingerbread Ornaments.....
It looks really cute at night but that will be saved for another post......
Now let me show you the shelf above it......
See the grinder?

My parents used that to mix the meat for Kielbasi and also for the nut mixture for nut rolls.
And then food processors came along and made things a lot easier!!

A candy cane like candle and some sprigs of greenery add a bit of Christmas to the shelf......

The phone is a prop and does not work.......
2 cute Cappuccino boxes on top of it......
And a cute ornament hanging on it.....
And now to the Hutch.......
On top of the Hutch......
My Kitchen Santa's......
Only 5 cents for Candy Canes......
And now to the shelves which I clear out and replace with all Christmas things!!!
A large Candy Cane hung in the middle with battery operated LED Candy Cane lights draped on the top of the Hutch......
Top Shelf......
This ceramic gingerbread cupcake was bought in the Summer at a Florist's Estate Sale where they were selling everything form the Shop including gift Items which were brand new!!
This gingerbread house was bought on Clearance last year at Wegman's marked down from $15.00 to $1.00!!!!
 Second Shelf.....
A vintage bowl filled with vintage cookie cutters and utensils and Christmas greenery......
Another Gingerbread house for $1.00!!
The Tea Pot Cozy was made by a friend of mine.....
The plates are from Dollar Tree......
Another estate sale buy!!
And now for my Christmas Sweet Shop set up on the desk area.....
I used various jars , all bought at yard sales and flea markets.......
Tied bows around them with red and green ribbon......

And filled them with candy that I save from year to year which is great for preventing people from eating them because they are as hard as rocks!!!!
Candy ornaments from Dollar Tree are on top of the cork toppers of some of the jars......
 I just love this sign!
Notice the candy cane place mat........
The cupcake dishes came from Kohl's several years ago and are actually candles!
The gingerbread people were another clearance buy from Wegman's last year......
 A green depression glass plate filled with fake cookies........
And cupcake ornaments!
So that is Santa's Sweetshop Candy Bar!
I even decorated underneath!!
Cute ornaments hanging from the knobs of the drawers.....
A vintage picnic basket in a vintage coke crate with a candy cane house in top!!
This house is made of resin and the whole house lights up when lit.....

Isn't it cute????

The candy trees and little house are from Dollar Tree......
And the other side of the Hutch.....
The other shelf....
Again, a candy cane looking candle with a few sprig of greenery.....
And below the shelf.......
A Victorian Pot holder .........
What are the chances of finding this at a flea market years ago.......

And a candy wreath that I bought for $8.00 from one of the vendors at our church Craft Fair.....
I just changed the bow......
The shelf above the door way to the Den, which was once the patio......
Love this Victorian plate.....
Mini kitchen utensil ornaments and candle garland and ornaments hanging from the shelf.....
And the corner of the Kitchen cabinets......
Another hand made quilted pot holder......
In the corner by the stove......
I have to tell you that when I unpacked 2 of these rugs this year, I had no recollection of where and when I bought these.........
And I still can't remember!!!

A vintage crock on top of a Coke Can......
I filled the crock with Christmas florals......
The towels came for T.J. Maxx several years ago......
I love this can because of the name on it.......
The letter was sent to Santa from Jimmy and I have a son named Jimmy!!

And we will leave off  here for today......

I hope you will come back to visit when I share the rest of our "Sweet" Christmas Kitchen in Part 9 of Our Christmas home Tour 2014!



A Debbie-Dabble Christmas
I am linking up to these parties:

Christmas Linky Party
 Christmas Homemaking Hop
Creating Christmas - Vintage Christmas

 WEDNESDAY
Vintage Inspiration Party

Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's
 Wow Us Wednesday
 Sizzle into Summer Party
What's It Wednesday
 Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
Wake Up Wednesdays 
  Before and After Party

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
Share Your Cup Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Grace at Home Party
 
 FRIDAY
 Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
 Show and Tell Friday
Friday Favorites
   Flaunt It Fridays
  What To Do Weekends
 Anything Goes Linky Party
Friday's Five Features Party 
Fabulous Fridays 

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday
Say G' Day Saturday 
Friday Features Linky Party
Welcome to the Weekend Blog Hop

SUNDAY
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
Sunday Brunch Party
 Snickerdoodle Sunday

MONDAY
 Busy Monday
Mod Vintage Mix Monday
 Make It Pretty Monday
 Monday Link Party 

TUESDAY
Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie


21 comments:

  1. Hi Deb, Your red backdrop makes the perfect way to highlight all your Christmas stuff. Looking at your home is like looking in a shop window at all the delightful things inside. I love how much you love decorating for all the Holidays. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debi I just adore your sweet candy cane theme kitchen, the red looks so pretty and festive ;-)

    Smiles~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! You have some adorable pieces! I have a gingerbread/candy themed tree in my kitchen too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas kitchen just screams....Merry Christmas...love it! I was admiring your wood floors and remembering what you were going thru last year with the installation of new flooring. It was so worth it ...they look gorgeous...hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie you continue to amaze me with your love for Christmas. Your decorations are beautiful. I love everything you do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your kitchen tree Debbie ! All your vintage Christmas touches are fabulous ! The bucket with the rolling pins and vintage utensils is wonderful !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, your kitchen is amazing -- love every bit of it! My grandma had a grinder just like that, which was used for nut rolls and kielbasa too! I tried it once, and I could barely move the handle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love her beautiful decoration !!! love greetings from angie from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! You gave me so many wonderful ideas for decorating for the Christmas season!
    Merry Christmas!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just beyond inspiring! I have a feeling that lots of gals around blog-land will decorate with more candy and gingerbread in their kitchens next Christmas!
    Thank you for sharing this with us!
    Happy Holidays!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a perfect way to decorate with the sweetshop theme! Everything is placed so beautifully and perfectly. Thanks for your sweet note, by the way. I hadn't been blogging during his illness, so no need to worry that you hadn't stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm still reeling from all the little details! Since I did very little in the way of decorating this year, I THOROUGHLY enjoyed spending a LOT of time in your kitchen just now :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh My, what wonderful Xmas Décor, someone that loves Xmas more than Me! Love it All!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your kitchen look so festive! I love the cookies, the wonderful resine house, the cupcakes...such gorgeous everything
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really festive, and you can tell that so much time went into it. I would love if you shared over at my link party http://backwoodsbabies.blogspot.com

    xoxo,
    Sarah @ Backwoods Babies

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Christmas kitchen is one of my favorites of all time. Trends come and go but the appeal of an old fashioned Christmas is timeless. The Santa's Sweet shop sign really fires my imagination.
    I didn't grab some of those snowflake plates at the Dollar Tree when I saw them and of course they were gone when I went back! Great idea to use the faux candy as jar toppers!
    Merry Christmas Debs! Hope you are feeling well and getting some rest.
    PS - Irene - The Pink Lady loves your blog. When ever she is over she visits on my tablet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love everything in your home Debbie, I would love to have a home like yours :) thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays, Merry Christmas :):)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your sweet kitchen tree with all the candies and ginger bread men. Your use of vintage kitchen gadgets is so awesome. Thank you for sharing at Share It One MOre Time. Hope you have a wonderful New Year. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello cute lady! Beautiful! Pinned and tweeted. Thank you for being a part of our party. I hope to see you tonight at 7 pm. We love to party with you! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everything is just beautiful Debbie! Happy New Year! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  21. We've just seen our last set of Christmas visitors out onto that deep-cold highway home, and these moments back in the warm house with coffee and a peek into this bright land you live in is just the thing for lifting my spirits.

    I've just looked my eyes full of this bright red, and have smiled til my face is hurting---I think of you now, as you close them away for another wyear, and all the dedication and work it must take for sharing this so-enjoyable world you share.

    Rather than taking down each piece and packing away like we do, I like to think that all your beautifuls are spirited away gently by sweet beings, to be wrapped into cocoons of invisibility until next time.

    I so thank you for this glowing glimpse into such a magical place.

    rachel

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails